Prescott Survial Kit from AMD

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
I found this on my doorstep a couple days ago sent from someone I am not familiar with..

presscott1.jpg

presscott2.jpg

presscott3.jpg

presscott4.jpg

presscott5.jpg

presscott6.jpg

presscott7.jpg

presscott8.jpg

prescottmitt.jpg

AMD is taking off the gloves.

I love marketing with a sense of humor.

That's classic... Maybe AMD should make an "intel forum" where they all talk about cooking stuff on their prescotts and how many suns it would take to produce the heat of a prescott :p

Especially like the "sorry, only these 32 blue bits are available. Quantities of 64 come in green". Nice. ahhahaah real nice.

That is possibly the funniest thing I have seen all day!

Where can I get one?

Did that video card also come with it? If so, I'm definitely needing one of these survival kits.

oh man, honestly when i first clicked it i thought "whoa, crazy mod" :). i want a prescott survival kit... or a northwood one :/.

flip

lol that's great. Bad for Intel, but funny nonetheless. I myself would love to have one of those too, even if the 6800 doesn't come with it.

Torgo said:
Did that video card also come with it? If so, I'm definitely needing one of these survival kits.

Hehe, I did not notice that was in the picture. And no, that did not come with the kit. And neither did the CPU.

That's brilliant. I wonder if they are sending them to all major reviewers...

Anyone going to the Tech Tour in the next few weeks make sure to ask how someone can get ahold of it.

Yogi said:
That's brilliant. I wonder if they are sending them to all major reviewers...

Anyone going to the Tech Tour in the next few weeks make sure to ask how someone can get ahold of it.

Well interestingly enough, it did not come from AMD Public Relations. I don't think this was intended for reviewers nor was it made in mass quantity. I would like to know the story as well.

someone should take off the heatsink on their prescott and put a pot of water over some spaghetti noodles in it, see if you can get dinner fromt he prescott :D

Lol. That just made my dreary day! You can probably slip an Apple G5 innuendo or two in that kit too for a double whammy. Maybe a welders mask since they have brought in liquid cooling <--And this coming from an Apple fan :D

Even coming from a fan of intel, that's just funny. They could have also included a little frying pan or skillet to cook stuff on the prescott.

*drools* PCI-E 6800U ......

que.jpg

WOAH, what's that? PCI Express! NVidia! Only one power connector!

:D :D :D :D

Do tell, Kyle!

so if it did not come from AMD PR did it come from anyone at AMD or is it just from a very creative AMD fan.

Well , its quite cheesy to say the least , plus latest 939 pin AMD's generate not a whole less heat than the prescots. And this is not coming from an intel fan.

Cheers.

I love AMD eheh (exept their socket 939 pricing "issues") *cough* drop the price *cough*

Back