Koolance EXOS mod?

Stugots

Supreme [H]ardness
the other day i took my koolance unit apart for shits and grins to see whats all in it and i had an idea. alot of people run dual radiators to get their water temps down so is it possible to fit a second radiator in the exos's enclosure.

rad1.jpg

thats the radiator thats in there now, the dimensions of it are W x H x D = 6.75" x 0.94" x 11.63". my idea was to put one of these raditors right under it...

rad2.jpg

this radiator is smaller with dimensions of W x H x D = 5.5" x 0.94" x 10".

my question is how would adding the second radiator affect both temperatures, water pressure, and temps. both of these radiators are from koolance, the second one that i want to use as the additional radiator is used in the custom case they offer i believe.

There are too many unknowns give you a straight answer. For example, what's your current water temperature? If it's only a degree above ambient, then a second rad will make no difference; if it's 20 degree hotter, yeah another rad would be great.

How about the temperature of the air exiting your rad? If that air is near the water temperature, then it can't carry any more heat away and a second rad will only impede air flow; if it's a few degrees cooler than the water, then a second rad could help.

As for water flow, if you hook them up in parallel it will be less flow resistance than before. Depending on the pump, you could see a little more water flow.

Back