Medal of Honor: PAS to support pixel shader 3

tranCendenZ said:
w00t more sm3.0 goodness. my 6800gt will be gettin some action this fall :)

I can't wait to see what sm3.0 actually does! Right now it just stands for Shitty Marketing.

StArWaRrIoR said:
Sweet. Looking forward to this game.

Although I assume you can afford it with specs like that for a system. Your X800 won't be benefitting at all from the SM 3.0 goodness you realize.

Just pointing it out :)

alienz said:
Although I assume you can afford it with specs like that for a system. Your X800 won't be benefitting at all from the SM 3.0 goodness you realize.

again we don't know what the SM 3.0 stuff in the game will be doing

it is most likely only going to bring performance benefits, not IQ differences

we'll just have to wait and see

the biggest part of all of this is just the fact that this new MOHAA is using a new DX9 engine instead of the Quake3 engine of old, gotta love it just for that, thats a big upgrade

mohpacificassault_080603_005.jpg

mohpacificassault_091103_008.jpg

MOHPA_082803_006.jpg

I think that the reflection/refraction effect in far cry is better, but that bullet hit is sweet

those are old screens from 2003, i doubt none of those shots even implemented SM3.0 yet.
but im looking forward to MOH:pA thats for sure :)

edit: btw painkiller is going to have a expansion pack (it was announced today) and theres probally a nice chance it will have SM3.0

does Painkiller even use SM 2.0 to any great effect? ( I am not sure but I believe it is primarily a SM 1.x game)

Merlin45 said:
does Painkiller even use SM 2.0 to any great effect? ( I am not sure but I believe it is primarily a SM 1.x game)

Painkiller will have SM3.0 implemented somehow apparently:

sm30.jpg

Merlin45 said:

i think it uses max ps 1.4 right now, not 100% sure though

alienz said:

No, but the BFG 6800UOC I have coming from Best Buy will. lol

Bad_Boy said:
yeah i posted on this in the Games forum.

but you can pretty much guess that the chances are good that it will have SM3.0 according to nvidia's "list." cause really i havent heard anything about a patch for painkiller.

i'd preffer not to guess, and instead get solid factual info

Holy Shitballs! That looks sweet. Yet another game to add to the ever growing "List" to get. lol

Wow, i love medal of honor allied assault, it looks like ill be loving pacific assault even more, those graphics are nice, and the hopefully the ai is smart...yeehaww another game to look forward to!

Back