Would Like Certification Forum

S1nF1xx

Supreme [H]ardness
It would be helpful if there was a forum on here for people to discuss certifications. Such as MCP, MCSE, CCNA etc... I am studying for a few myself. The hardest part about getting tips, recommendations for study guides, is there are so damn many bad resources out there. There must be 80billion web sites out there with information on certifications, but the trouble is 79.9999999billion are trying to make a pile of cash off everyone. I know these forums aren't like that, and I think there are a lot of intelligent and educated professionals that cruze these forms that could contribute.

I think this sounds like a useful suggestion. i told would use something like this.

Maybe a subforum under the appropriate forum:CCNA stuff in networking, MSCE stuff in OS, A+ in G[H]?

There really hasn't been that much in the way of requests for certification help other than Networking, A+ and MCSE and usually those are asked in the appropriate areas where the members who are already certified hang out. The drawback to having a dedicated forum is the only ones there would be the ones seeking information :p A sub-forum under the appropriate parent forum would be a better idea, but still the actual number of requests is too small for anything of a dedicated nature :)

MajorDomo said:
...but still the actual number of requests is too small for anything of a dedicated nature :)
Damn it people! Start requesting!
:p

A subforum would work for me ;)

I think this would be a good idea as well for those seeking their certs. A dedicated forum would be a good idea, if possible.

this would be a real good idea i think. ppl always seem to bash on those going after certs, and this could be a place to discuss certs w/o ppl runnin their mouths.

I would also appreciate a sub-forum on certifications. Probably the networking and security fourm would be the best place, as most certs deal with those kind of topics.

Awesome suggestion. I too think it should be broken down into M$ and Cisco, Linux and A+ etc.

I, too, would love a dedicated thread or forum or sticky somewhere for certification help. I've been dicking around with stuff for years and am finally starting to get off my ass and get started doing the certifications. These forums would be one place I know I could trust for help and direction to the better books and what not. I know that A+ is a joke, but, you have to start somewhere, might as well get that one done first. :)

Im taking CISCO I (CCNA) right now. Pretty easy stuff so far. But I know its going to get complicated at some point. I would love a forum like this.

BTW, I just saw the flaming thread someone mentioned here. Pretty funny shit. How can people turn a certification thread into a MS sucks thread. Amazing... :p

Back