Check out my Shuttle SFF mod

Hello.. I have spent many hours in this forum, viewing all these nice mods, but have never postet a reply.
I would like to show you all a mod I did some time ago, on a Shuttle SN41G2.
(This is not my current setup, I am now in the progress of building a Lian Li h2o case, which will be posted as soon as completion)..

I would like some input on the Shuttle.

Best Regards

Daniel Andrew Lowe

XPC1.JPG

XPC2.JPG

XPC3.JPG

XPC4.JPG

XPC6.JPG

XPC7.JPG

XPC9.jpg

Really unique (not in a bad way) setup. Looks nice. :)

Don't know if I could live with no CD drive though... Hoping you have an external one or something?

It looks like you have part of the side window cut out to allow the GPU's fan to act as sort of an intake? If so, that's a great idea... Should help to cut down the heat quite a bit.

Nice rig. ;)

Thanks alot for the kind words :)

Yes I do have an External Drive underneath the table, It´s in a USB housing.

The intake in the acryllic serves a purpose. I had a 9800pro card in there with no intake, and I got so hot, it actually melted the acryllic and fried the Gfx..
2 hours later, there were nothing but artifacts on the screen, and R.I.P R9800 pro ;)
A bit sad, however I made me do the Air intake in front of the VPU to save that from happening again.

love the feet...where did u get them?....great job on the rest of the case. :)

Thx man ;)

I bought them in a Hardware store i Denmark called Silvan.. They are actually cabinet shevles handles, for kitchen and bathroom shelves.. But the work fine on the case :)

I love the feet too, to me they looked like chess pieces (pawns). I wonder if I can find similair here in the States. Very nice mod, is that a home made adapter for the fan?

CrimandEvil said:
I love the feet too, to me they looked like chess pieces (pawns). I wonder if I can find similair here in the States. Very nice mod, is that a home made adapter for the fan?

I was going to say they look like big thumb tacks but they also have a pawn look to them to.

CrimandEvil if you find smaller ones please let me know....ill do the same :)

how did you cut that hole so perfectly in the acrylic? hole saw, then finish with dremel?

that looks really nice, you want to mod the shuttle i just bought for me :)

CrimandEvil #

Yeah, the feet I also think go really well with the shape of the case..
No the fan adapter 80-120mm is stock, I didn´t bother building the thing from skratch when I can buy the thing realy cheap ;)

compslckr #

No the Intake hole is made by a 50mm Cupdrill.. I just taped it all up and cut at a high rev, to make the cut clean.. And then after I chaved the melted Acryllic of with a sanderdrill on the Dremel.
If you lived in Denmark, then sure, but it would be to much hassle ;)

very nice, i didn't notice the cut out for the gpu at first so i was going to ask how you managed to cool it at all. looks very neat and organized, and i like the 120mm fan on the rear (i did the same thing to my shuttle)

the shuttles are great little boxes, just can't hold a lot of components. i used to be strictly water-only but now i'm torn between water cooling and these xpc's

Watercool the xpc, it has been done. Oh and nice mod the intake hole by the gfx is a good idea.

Devilpup#

Yeah, these SFF´s are great little machines. I brought it along to a seriously big LAN party here in the DK back in March and I must admit I got a lot of positive response. Even though they are ment for easy transport and roomspacers, they are still great fun, for planning mod projects. They acquire a more complex modding technique, bacause of the very limited space. However a bud of mine h2o cooled his, but I would rather aircool it and save space and weight.
The reason I sold it was also because of a big h2o cooling project.. And in orden to use the quality stuff, you need space.
I used to have Prometeia Phase Change rigs, but got tired of OC´ing and found it much more fun to mod than tweak.
But the next mod with a bunch of high end h2o will be tons of fun. :)

Globalfear#

Yup, there has been a lot of h2o cooled Shuttles.. They look really cool, but will never be as effective as "real" h2o cooling IMO.

I like it :cool: A lot of good ideas I might think of doing when I get my SFF. ;)

I could be wrong but I think it's a stock cooler (atleast it looks like an MSI card).

CrimandEvil said:
I could be wrong but I think it's a stock cooler (atleast it looks like an MSI card).

That's the Vantec Iceberg Kit with removed blue pastic top on the GPU. In that kit they include those same heatsinks that he (she?) attached to the graphics card ram. At least that's what it looks like the most. :confused:

That one pic of the LCD on the nice desk with the SFF tastefully displayed on the right is quite well done. Makes me wish I had a work area not covered in pencils and papers and such. :)

No it is not a MSI card.. It is a Gigabyte card..

The cooler is not stock, and is not a Vantec Iceberg, however it is excactly the same, just a Revoltec version, I just took the plastic shielding of.
And I am a HE ;)

The Revoltec VPU cooler is realy cheap and effective. It is 100% the same as the Vantec Iceberg, and cools the same also :)

Thanks alot for the kind words :)

What did you use to cut that window out? Dremel? and how did you cut that hole in the plexy glass? Holesaw? Is there a template that I can use. Besides that looks real nice, almost looks like my rig minus those cool feet.

I like your sleeving job. If it wasn't for the heatsink, i would have thought you had watercooling.

I was not around when the original thread was posted.

I noticed that you guys were talking about a Vantec Iceberg and this machine had something similar in it.

Does anybody have the original pics for this? I'm trying to find a HS/fan replacement for my 6800nu cause the fans are dying. I'd love to see the mod done with the Vantec/similar cooler.

Thanks!

Back