Looking for a CHEAP sound card...

Black Morty Rackham

Supreme [H]ardness
I recently got an old PIII 733MHz from a friend who bought a new computer, but the sound card seems to be dead... So I'm trying to find the cheapest possible sound card that doesn't produce too bad sound (ie, no constant static or anything like that). I have a rather good amp and speakers (but only two), and I definitely don't plan on buying new any time soon, so 5.1 isn't really an issue.

The cheapest I've been able to find is this, but I'm not so sure about the quality of it.

dang. Sweden.

Well. look for an envy-based card for about that much money that has a higher quality DAC for channels 7&8 that you can use front channel rerouting trick.

You might have some luck posting your question on the computer source forum of the Head-fi site that I linked. There is a fair contingent of Europeans over there. They would have a better idea about the products that are availible to you.

only if music recording and playback was value premium would i get an envy based card. for gaming alone (mostly) i would go audigy 2 oem or zs. other than that, since cost is a factor. i would suggest the venerable turtle beach santa cruise. it's good for both music and games (in general) and sounds nice, and you an nab the oem version at the egg for only $36.00 clamola's.

newegg~Santa Cruise oem

Back