Post your x800 XT-PE overclocks!

I don't have an XT-PE yet... but I would like to see how well you guys are overclocking them with stock cooling. Thanks.

I'll post mine when I get it. Hopefully they overclock some, to give it a little push.

My Shuttle XPC doesn't have the best cooling in the world (stock) but I hope I can get a few extra points out of it.

540 core, 591 mem with Sapphire x800pro w/VIVO modded to x800XT

I have had the core at 560 stable but am waiting to do a mod to it once my new UFO case comes in. I have it watercooled using a Swiftech block. This card IS the XT even though it is remarked as a Pro...so I feel I can post in this thread :)~

phas3d

ThisMonsterLives said:
I haven't bothered to overclock mine. Doesn't really need it. :p

Yeah. Kinda pointless seeing how it's gonna be cpu limited for the next 6 months or so.

Some people would be CPU limited, but it should still help with high res and AA/AF.
I've been reading a lot of benchmarks and they've been overclocking the 6800's to get up to XT-PE speeds, and I was wondering if the XT-PE could pull away.

At default, my Sapphire x800pro would only net me around 9000+ points in 3Dmark03. After modding to XT and pushing the core/mem to around 540/590 it now sits at 13000+. I have done benchmarks in Painkiller, Rise of Nations, and FarCry. I tested against the unmodded, modded and overclocked speeds of my card. I did not notice much of a difference, if any, in Rise of Nations. I noticed a difference in Painkiller between the unmodded and modded card, but not in the overclocked speeds. I noticed a very, very big difference in FarCry between the stock and overclocked speeds. Overclocking the card also netted me an additional 2500+ points in 3DMark03.

Overclocking mattered to me. I can still get more out of the core, but need to voltmod it first. I think every little bit is going to matter for Doom3 and HL2.

phas3d

I haven't tried overclocking yet, well other than the crappy 7mhz or whatever you get from turning on the overdrive option.

JediFonger said:
for those waiting, didya get it at gateway with the coupon? ;)

Nope got mine ATI direct at 40% off retail price. Hard to beat that price.

cai said:
why would you want to OC a XT PE again? Mine scores 13000 stock.

Best answer I read all day!

I got mine from the original 200 the CompUSA in Mesquite - they had one left just smiling at me :D

With the stock cooling, stock voltages etc. mine gets 540/580. I can push the core to 560 but after ~30min it gives artifacts, takes a while to heat up it seems.

Also, where have you guys been getting your information on the card's voltages, electrical layout etc? I'm going to be doing a GPU pelt / oversized ramsink setup of some sort and I know I'll need more voltage to the memory, and possibly more to the core. Any info would be of help - thanks!

I originally ordered mine through gateway, but since they did nothing but screw up my order. i.e. They told me that I had not even placed an order, considering I had the confirmation e-mail already. Because of that, I lost my place in line and my trust in their company.

So I went and ordered from someone a little more respectable in CDW. I read they are supposed to ship on the 16th but that was pushed back from the 9th so who knows when we'll get em.

Was running it a 540/590 but then I got the occasional lockup in UT2K4 and Far Cry. The few extra FPS weren't worth artifacts and/or lockups so I am now running at what appears to be a rock solid, yet mild overclock of 531/585.

This is on a slightly overclocked PC with air cooling and no Vmods or other fancy tricks.

I have heard of people getting significant discounts on these cards (non-gateway deal), care as to tell us what was involved in you getting that price (employee/industry/etc)? I think even with the significant discounts some recieve, I could still not reasonably afford it :p

I'm using an Innovetek wb, in series with my cpu. I had to pencil trick it to 1.5v (1.4v is nominal, this one was defaulting to 1.36v) so it would only run 535 on the core. Now it can run 594/610. Since my LCD is 16x12 native res, the OC helped in FC at that res.

Ramsinks are on the way, and there is more in the core if I up the v. a little. This is a Sapphire OEM xt-PE from netlink computers.

I have an XT-PE. I run mine at 552/571 without any problems and have previously run as high (on a cool day) as 560/578.

Going to be doing some more modding of my air cooling system soon to try and get up to about 560/580 as my standard settings. Should be possible once I have things setup right.

Dont forget about the pencil trick FragMagnet spoke of. It works like a charm if done right.

phas3d

I wasnt aware that the pencil trick worked on the XT. That's good to know. Is it the same chip and type as the 9800 Pro?

Back