Logitech Cordless Elite paint (pics)

STRESSTEST

2[H]4U
Ok, this is part 2 of 2 on the logitech painting. See the mouse project here:
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=765336

So after a bit of time I was thinking the keyboard needed to be painted now.. Here are some pics to get things started.

P7201252.JPG
P7201253.JPG
P7201254.JPG
P7201255.JPG
P7201256.JPG
P7201257.JPG
P7201259.JPG
P7201260.JPG

The pics are low quality, I know. But the server here at the house has taken more then 5K hits from the [H] just today ;) So far so good, but I don't want to tempt fate. At the end of this project I'll post some nice phat pics for ya guys.

One thing to note here is that you DO NOT need to remove the batteries in the keyboard to open it up.

So I wasn't paying attention to the dried black gloss vinyl die on my latex glove. I was shooting some red around the edge before placing it on the surface I was painting on to paint the top. Well I finished and placed the fascia on the table, and low and behold, that vinyl dye managed to get on the ground coat... FUCK!

Well, I decided to go ahead and finish shooting it, and after drying to a spot repair. So instead of being done tomorrow, I'll have to tack another day on. Sigh... I guess the moral of the story is; Latex gloves are like latex condoms, only use them once! :)

P7201261.JPG

More pics later. If you have questions about the stuff used or anything else, go to the link above and read the other thread, many things have been covered there.

Since that stuff is transparent, ru going to paint the keys with a similar, same, or contrasting metallicast? That would OWN!

Also, would the mirage stuff work as well? Its a little more complex to paint but hey.

Hrmm... i haven't seen your case....

apHytHiaTe said:
Since that stuff is transparent, ru going to paint the keys with a similar, same, or contrasting metallicast? That would OWN!

Also, would the mirage stuff work as well? Its a little more complex to paint but hey.

Hrmm... i haven't seen your case....

the keys remain unchanged. Case? :)

With such an awesome keyboard/ mouse you should also have an equally cool case. ;)

That looks great. I have to return my Logitech Elite, mine doesn't work well anymore. Did you take the shift keys off? I had to take mine off to clean it, but I broke some of the plastic underneath and now my shift key sticks making it hard to type.

alright... here ya go

P7211281.JPG

P7211283.JPG

P7211282.JPG

So I don't know about the palm rest still... Might still do it too, but if I do, I'll use the same vinyl dye gloss I used on the multimedia area around the volume control and the side scroll pod.

The buttons turned out a little darker then the rest of the red, due to the different color gray background. I actually like the contrast, it gives it more definition :)

Yeah I'm interested in seeing you paint the keys too (mostly because I want to see someone else do it before I do :( ).

how about less compression on your jpg files eh? :D You can't see anything correctly otherwise. It may be the worst paint job ever but you can't tell cuz of the compression.

If you didn't skim you'd have seen this at the top of the thread.

The pics are low quality, I know. But the server here at the house has taken more then 5K hits from the [H] just today ;) So far so good, but I don't want to tempt fate. At the end of this project I'll post some nice phat pics for ya guys.

it looks damn nice to me (im a cheap guy, but im sad that my modded $3 dell quietkey died for unknown reasons) there is just nothing as hard as moding a keyboard (exept maybe a moniter)

i had a friend just paint the entire keyboard red, so no one but people that could type w/o looking could use his pc it was great idiot prevention, his wife never used his pc again.

Why would he use someone elses server when he has his own? Just let stress do his thing, you'll get phat pictures soon enough.

Totally sweet, man. 1 question, what kind of mouse pad is that. Looks kinda like a ratpadz, but i dunno what it is. Everything u do is SWEET, Keep it up!!

Okay kind of a stupid question but just making sure before I go and buy all the stuff for my keyboard.

Did you apply the red coat directly to the keys.

Or did you add a base coat.

Im not sure but does the base coat dry black. Thanks for the inspiration. Your Keyboard is awesome.

For the keyboard you don't apply the base coat, that would defeat the purpose you know. ;)

on the k/b, do you pull the ribbon cables out of the black connector they are in? When i took apart my kb before, they seemed a bit hard to pull out...I was worried about getting them back in

man, I cant remember. Usually they are held into that connector with a slide lock part. The connector ueually has mini tabs on eash end and slightly pulling on it will pop the retension mech so that the cable will move freely

i don't think i saw it anywhere, but did you ground coat the keyboard face, i just gt back in from painting all of the mice stuff. I had one paint deformality on the back of the charger cradle but i am not gonna worry about it. What did you do for protecting the label on the kb, tape it?

i was looking on duplicolor's website at the metalcast line, and was wondering if it is the base coat that gives the paint the metal flake look?

Back