1.2 FarCry Patch (Fix for Nvidia cards!) is out!!

creedAMD

2[H]4U
http://www.fileshack.com/file.x?fid=4787
http://www.3dgamers.com/dl/games/fa...atch12.exe.html
http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=19015
http://www.fileplanet.com/files/130000/138748.shtml
Enjoy!

Release notes:

Current changes:
-----

· Made the run speed about 15% faster
· Made sprint last 30% longer
· Adjusted damage to vehicles

(vehicles now survive longer in multiplayer and behave consistently between weapon damage types) Bullet damage can be disabled by “g_vehicleBulletDamage” cvar: 0 = no bullet damage (default), 1 = bullet damage; this works only in MP.
MP vehicles can get the same damage from every kind of bullet (no distinction between sniper rifle and the deagle), this value is set by ‘dmgBulletMP’ variable inside ‘DamageParams’ table of the vehicle.

-buggy, humvee and gunboat can be destroyed with one rocket.
-bigtruck can be destroyed with three rockets.

-buggy and gunboat can be destroyed with 100 bullets (if g_vehicleBulletDamage = 1)
-humvee can be destroyed with 150 bullets (if g_vehicleBulletDamage = 1)
-bigtruck can be destroyed with 500 bullets (if g_vehicleBulletDamage = 1)

-vehicle damage code cleaned and made more consistent.

· If punkbuster is not installed the "punkbuster enable" togglebox will not be disabled
· Fixed a number of serious issues with headshot detection
· Ported a number of sensitive routines into non SDK sources
· Fixed some issues with ladder animations appearing odd to other players
· Added quicksave support for single player (still in process)
· Fixed bug where players name tag didn’t show up
· Fixed bug where console would accept letters as variable states
· Fixed a number of ladder related issues
· Fixed error with warning message in connection dialogue
· Fixed a significant number of bugs relating to quicksave (~100 bugs)
· Fixed a connection dialogue error
· Fixed an incorrectly localized HUD message
· Fixed bug with server shutdown dialogue error
· Addressed a number of issues with the server list UI
· Fixed bug causing cancel button to stop working
· Server create sessions are now saved
· Fixed a bug causing game freezes when player joins and player rotates
· Fixed a rendering issue with Radeon 9600 graphics cards
· Fixed Punkbuster crash when switching from punkbuster online server to hosting LAN server
· Fixed issue with punkbuster icon not showing up in the server listing
· Fixed random crash relating to punkbuster server listing info
· Fixed issue with punkbuster refusing connection to a server that is destroyed and then re-hosted
· Fixed a number of crash problems related to punkbuster server creation with non-dedicated servers
· Fixed issue with punkbuster enabled in multiple server profiles
· Disabled e_vegetation_min_size in multiplayer (used as cheat)
· Added optimizations for character effects including invulnerability shader
· Added optimizations for scoreboard performance. Scoreboard no longer updates fields that have not changed
· Fixed issue where radar would not be drawn correctly with certain game type changes
· Fixed framerate issue when player touched assault ammo pickups
· Fixed issue with password protected servers not removing password after restart
· Fixed issue with spectators not being able to hear ambient sounds
· Fixed message printout for multiplayer statistics (was only working with log_verbosity 1, not it works with 0 (default) as well)
· Fixed listplayer on the client (was only working on the server)
· Changed multiplayer scoreboard system for less bandwidth and easier extendibility
· Fixed bug in scoreboard that reported ping incorrectly by a factor of 2. Pings now appear correctly (half the old values). Note: ping is still the same, the output value was inaccurate)
· Fixed check in server/client version check (now you cannot connect to servers with old network code)
· Fixed bug in submitted Punkbuster ID causing random CD Key hash to be generated. Global ID unique to CD keys is now parsed correctly.
· Added MultiplayerUtils:OnChatMessage a script function which is called on the server for every chat message (to enable saving out chats)
· Made several changes to improve network packet scheduling
· Separated multiplayer and single player weapon code better functionality with mod developers and support for changes to MP balance without affecting single player.
· Made a number of changes to multiplayer weapon parameters, outlined below:

All weapons – Increase accuracy while standing still by 25%
Made the medic packs give 50% more health for the engineer class
Reduced rocket launcher clip to 1, no change to lethality.
Increased MP5 damage by 30% with full auto, 50% increase with semi-automatic
Adjusted AG36 damage to head and torso.
Reduced AG36 grenade radius.
Increased OICW accuracy by 30% when zoomed.
Reduced OICW grenade clip to 3 with max carry of 3 in the gun and 3 in reserve
Increased Pancor damage slightly
Reduced P90 damage by 10% and reduced max range by 25%
Increased lethality of mounted weapons.

· Improved detection code for player name tags, fixed issue causing name tags not to appear if crosshair was on arms and legs
· Fixed collision detection on the dedicated server with different arm position because of different weapons. Hit detection is now more accurate.
· The record console variable was makred as protected because it opened up some cheat posibilitiesFixed a bug that sometimes caused players hit by a buggy not to credit the driver with a kill
· Fixed a number of issues with discrepancies between player cameras in 1st and 3rd person

Grabbin it now, crap, just found out the latest whql dont offically support SM 3.0, guess its time for a roll back.

Sniper_Merc said:
Grabbin it now, crap, just found out the latest whql dont offically support SM 3.0, guess its time for a roll back.

there's something that you can put in your nv4_disp.inf file of the whql drivers to force sm3, brb.

[nv_SoftwareDeviceSettings]
HKR,, D3D_35173345, %REG_DWORD%, 0x61243847

[nv_ClearRegistrySwitches]
HKR,, D3D_35173345

Here is the guide to installing dx9.0c without getting sp2.

http://www.iamnotageek.com/articles.php?aid=85&page=1&topic=DX_9c

after installing

The last step: add this into your shortcut for farcry:

-DEVMODE "r_sm30path 1"

This is what it should look like:

"C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Crytek\Far Cry\Bin32\FarCry.exe" -DEVMODE "r_sm30path 1"

creedAMD said:
there's something that you can put in your inf file of the whql drivers to force sm3, brb.

Yea there are just a couple of lines you need to add in when your installing the WHQL drivers off nVidia's site to enable SM 3.0.

BUT HOLY FRICK!!! ITS FINALLY OUT!!! WOOOHOOO!!!!

DOWNLOADING NOW :) :)

burningrave101 said:
Yea there are just a couple of lines you need to add in when your installing the WHQL drivers off nVidia's site to enable SM 3.0.

BUT HOLY FRICK!!! ITS FINALLY OUT!!! WOOOHOOO!!!!

DOWNLOADING NOW :) :)

Man, I'm stuck at work, I'm so happy! Now I can beat FarCry before Doom3 comes out! I have only played about an hour into FarCry, I have been waiting to play in all of it's glory. This made my day.

creedAMD said:
there's something that you can put in your nv4_disp.inf file of the whql drivers to force sm3, brb.

HKR,, D3D_35173345

K thanks, do I just add it to the end?

Sniper_Merc said:
K thanks, do I just add it to the end?

anywhere, and you do have the 9.0c right? I edited my post to reflect how to obtain that as well.

creedAMD said:
anywhere, and you do have the 9.0c right? I edited my post to reflect how to obtain that as well.

Yep got DX 9.0C

There are subsectoins in there already for those things, wonder if i should just put it at the end of eact subsection.

I'll try it at the end and see what happens.

Sniper_Merc said:
Yep got DX 9.0C

There are subsectoins in there already for those things, wonder if i should just put it at the end of eact subsection.

I'll try it at the end and see what happens.

I would back up the file with a .bak extension, then edit the inf subscriptions that are already there to match what I posted, save, run uninstall in CP. Reboot, goto safe mode run driver cleaner3. Then reboot and install new modified drivers. I know you probably already know most of this, just giving the heads up for others.

nVidia MIGHT release their 61.77 drivers on their site today which enables SM 3.0 support by default.

burningrave101 said:
nVidia MIGHT release their 61.77 drivers on their site today which enables SM 3.0 support by default.

That would kick ass. You'd think they would have released it yesterday, but oh well.

Well the results aren't massive in the Pier run that I've been using for my benching runs but the differance is there.

SM 2.0
==============================================================
TimeDemo Play Started , (Total Frames: 3726, Recorded Time: 67.36s)
!TimeDemo Run 0 Finished.
Play Time: 95.15s, Average FPS: 39.16
Min FPS: 31.55 at frame 2271, Max FPS: 49.00 at frame 662
Average Tri/Sec: 6760154, Tri/Frame: 172624
Recorded/Played Tris ratio: 0.83
!TimeDemo Run 1 Finished.
Play Time: 96.59s, Average FPS: 38.57
Min FPS: 30.95 at frame 141, Max FPS: 49.49 at frame 1129
Average Tri/Sec: 6828975, Tri/Frame: 177033
Recorded/Played Tris ratio: 0.80
!TimeDemo Run 2 Finished.
Play Time: 97.74s, Average FPS: 38.12
Min FPS: 30.95 at frame 141, Max FPS: 50.20 at frame 1103
Average Tri/Sec: 6801269, Tri/Frame: 178402
Recorded/Played Tris ratio: 0.80
TimeDemo Play Ended, (3 Runs Performed)

SM 3.0
TimeDemo Play Started , (Total Frames: 3726, Recorded Time: 67.36s)
!TimeDemo Run 0 Finished.
Play Time: 89.21s, Average FPS: 41.77
Min FPS: 33.26 at frame 873, Max FPS: 58.33 at frame 672
Average Tri/Sec: 7947454, Tri/Frame: 190283
Recorded/Played Tris ratio: 0.75
!TimeDemo Run 1 Finished.
Play Time: 90.03s, Average FPS: 41.39
Average Tri/Sec: 7890750, Tri/Frame: 190656
!TimeDemo Run 2 Finished.
Play Time: 88.48s, Average FPS: 42.11
Average Tri/Sec: 7977996, Tri/Frame: 189448
TimeDemo Play Ended, (3 Runs Performed)

Roughly 4 FPS on average in that particular area.

I didn't bother uninstalling the old driver set, just added those two lines to the end of the .inf file and it appears to be working with SM 3.0.

I'm sure theres areas where it is more usefull but my numbers there are pretty much on par with what I had seen on the reviews.

thanks. filefront has a pretty fast mirror right now.

65MB for a patch?!?!

edit: don't download it from filefront, their copy is corrupted.

Did they ever develop a punk buster for the online games? Because the cheats are very easy to use with the game.

creedAMD said:
I would back up the file with a .bak extension, then edit the inf subscriptions that are already there to match what I posted, save, run uninstall in CP. Reboot, goto safe mode run driver cleaner3. Then reboot and install new modified drivers. I know you probably already know most of this, just giving the heads up for others.

cant you just extract the archive with winrar and mod the file before you install the first time?

lithium726 said:
cant you just extract the archive with winrar and mod the file before you install the first time?

Yes, that's what I meant, I was talking about uninstalling your previous non SM3.0 drivers.

I didnt see sm 3.0 listed in current changes.Is it not supposed to be listed or something?Anyone know the answer to this?

Feel bad for the FX owners. They can either get the patch, and correct graphical issues and gameplay issues, but get much lower frames. Or their can ignore the patch, and get better frames.

Shouldnt this be in the games forums... ? Yes.

Well, I was already using directx 9.0c, but now I'm using Far Cry 1.2 and I added those lines to my nv4_disp.inf like creedAMD suggested. I'm running 1024 x 768 with 4x aa enabled in far cry video options screen and 8x af also enabled in far cry video menu. Everything is set to ultra high. I didn't run any scientific benchmarks, but I'll give you some general observations that I've noticed since applying the patch.

The game runs a little quicker all around (a couple of spots that use to drop fps no longer drop), and it runs much better when using the flashlight. In 1.1, whenever I would use the flashlight there was a noticeable drop in my fps. In 1.2, when using the flashlight there is no loss in framerate.

after some gameplay i can say it borked my setup, texture flashing all over, mounted machine guns cant control them. but i can select paradise mode though..duh..

theelviscerator said:
after some gameplay i can say it borked my setup, texture flashing all over, mounted machine guns cant control them. but i can select paradise mode though..duh..

I remember reviewers reporting such happenings on Ati cards, I was hoping it would be fixed with the final. That's fucked up.

theelviscerator said:

So Crytek didn't fix the issues with the ATI cards in the 1.2 patch?? Thats strange considering the amount of time they have taken to get this patch out.

is this patch only for people with nvidia cards? What happens if u install and are using a 9800XT or other Radeon card for that matter?

UPDATED:

HKR,, D3D_35173345

Here is the guide to installing dx9.0c without getting sp2.

http://www.iamnotageek.com/articles.php?aid=85&page=1&topic=DX_9c

after installing

The last step: add this into your shortcut for farcry:

-DEVMODE "r_sm30path 1"

This is what it should look like:

"C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Crytek\Far Cry\Bin32\FarCry.exe" -DEVMODE "r_sm30path 1"

Syphon Filter said:
is this patch only for people with nvidia cards? What happens if u install and are using a 9800XT or other Radeon card for that matter?

Sounds like it. I know I'm gonna pass on it, at least until I finish the game.

creedAMD said:
Please note that this will erase all of your save games!

But we can back them up first right? And keep them? I don't wanna do the cave level again.

Does this patch "enhances" the texture/graphics of the game? Or does it just make the game run faster. Personally I would go through all this, if it makes the game look better.

d34dly said:
But we can back them up first right? And keep them? I don't wanna do the cave level again.

From what I am seeing is that the old save games are not compatible with the new patch. I would back them up just incase you need to revert back to 1.1 so it's not a total loss.

Also, you guys may want to reinstall Farcry and skip the 1.1 patch and install 1.2, it has helped a lot of problems.

Does anyone know if the drivers that are posted on nVIDIA's web today would support SM 3.0 right out of the box?

Thanks!

Cannibal Corpse said:
Does this patch "enhances" the texture/graphics of the game? Or does it just make the game run faster. Personally I would go through all this, if it makes the game look better.

It depends on what card you are using. If you are running an nvidia card, it should fix a lot of texture problems and make it run faster so that you can turn on more candy.

Back