Troll alert: Do not deal with c0ax1al!

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDeth

Limp Gawd
I decided to sell my eMachines m6805 lappy because I needed the additional funds to pay for my college tuition. I was pleasently suprised when c0ax1al contacted me and was willing to pay 1,200 dollars for a laptop which cost 1,400 new at Best Buy. (This should have been my first clue.)

I asked what forum he was from, and he replied [H]. I then did a member search for his username. (For some reason when I searched the first time, none of the threads about him being a previous troll came up.)

I was called by him and we arranged our shipping and payment details; He was to send a check by mail that night and I was going to ship the laptop to him 2nd day air the next day. He lives in Ben Lomond, CA and I live in Bakersfield, CA.

I shipped with Mailboxes E.T.C. on a Friday afternoon, and for some reason it didn't even get onto UPS's system untill the day before it arrived to c0ax's house, which was Tuesday. The entire weekend, I had to deal with him whining and moaning the entire time untill I finally sent pictures of a receipt and tracking numbers. I assumed his panic was justified because he had just sent a 1,200 dollar check and didn't want to get burned, but when I asked him how I knew he sent the check, all I got was "....I duno how you know I sent it, you just do." Ok........

Well, Tuesday rolled around and the package finnaly arrived to c0ax, who pm'd me from the Boardwalk and said that the laptop was ownage and in very nice condition. My check was supposed to arrive the same day, but low and behold no check was in the mail that day. The next two days I waited for the check, all the while c0ax telling me he had sent it and that it should get there the next day.

Friday rolled around and I finally confronted c0ax about the check and he said it had come back that day in the mail as Return to sender. Right then I knew it was a load of crap because a return to sender does NOT take 8 days to return to you, especially when you live in the same state. c0ax immediatly apologized and said he would do a wire transfer, and he would even give me 100 bucks for all his trouble, making it 1,350 instead of 1,250.

I told him that was acceptable, and give him my info. Later on when I pm'd him a "friend" answered and told me the had gone to the bank. About 6 hours later I finally got into contact with c0ax again and he said he had gone to the bank and sent the wire transfer. I ask for him to take a picture of the reciept, but he says he is at a friends house and the reciept is at his own home. Wonderful.....

Saturday and Sunday rolled around as I was waiting for the wire transfer to go through. Each time I would talk to c0ax and tell him to find the confirmation number, he would go afk to find it and never come back. This happened at least 5 times throughout the 2 days. Excuses ranged from "my dad is yelling at me" to "I have a family emergency." Geez he has a pretty active life!

Sunday night rolled around and I finally called him out. Somebody had posted that c0ax was a known troll on www.trollhunters.com, which I could find no proof to, but I did find a thread on [H] where he recieved a water cooling kit and didn't pay for it. (My previous search didn't show this thread.)

When I confronted c0ax with this info, he denied that he was on trollhunters and explained that the deal with the water cooling was a big misunderstanding. I got into contact with the other [H] member who had dealt with him and explained that it had been a misunderstanding, but he had yet to recieve all of the parts back that c0ax recieved.

At this point I was getting pretty pissed off. I told him that if I didn't have my money by Monday morning I was going to contact the authorities.

At this point, I get a response from him saying that he had never sent the wire transfer from Wells Fargo and that he has been at a friends house LAN'ing the entire time. He says that he will call me in the morning and have everything I need.

Morning rolls around and I have nothing from him. BIIIGGG surprise there. :rolleyes:

I call his home number and his Dad picks up, and I explain to him the situation and he says he will have a talk with Richard when he gets home. About 2 hours later c0ax PM's me and says he is going to mail another check Tuesday morning. I say not good enough, and we agree to do a wire transfer through Western Union on-line. That was at 10:00P.M., and as of 12:35 I havn't heard anything back. I'm not really expecting him to come clean at this point and I have already filed a police report with the Montery Sherrifs Department and tommorow I'm contacting the DA's office.

This little shit has cost me 1,350 + my insurance for my car, which was supposed to be paid with part of this money. In addition to the 1,350 he owes me I am also going to file a lawsuite for additional damages that he has cost me. There's no way I'm paying 600 bucks to renew my premium because he didn't pay me.

DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS TROLL!!!

Go for his parents too, they said they were going to resolve this, as such they became part of this and should have had the gall to fix it.
When parents help commit the crime, whether they think they are protecting something or not, they become responsible as well.

According to the other [H] member who dealt with c0ax, his Dad really didn't give a rats ass untill the DA sent a letter to his family explaining the situation.

When I was talking to his Dad today, I mentioned that I was getting authorities involved, and the reply I got back from him was, "Wow, you can talk tough..." Ok.....I see retardedness runs in the family. :rolleyes:

Definetly take him out, if his kid is below the age of 18 he is now aiding a minor in commiting a felony (mail fraud). Should be worth some dough, you can even keep it in small claims court and avoid legal fees and still get a maximum of 5k :p

Two words: "Road Trip!"

Take a few buddies for a little drive. Stop at his house and make sure he's home. If so, make a 911 call saying you have made a citizen's arrest of someone in possession of stolen property. Otherwise, stop at the local Sheriff's office and see if anyone will drive out to his house with you.

god this guy is a fucking douche..ive seen him here before and tried to warn peeps about him..he is a real POS

Swing by my place and take me with you, we can get your laptop back!

That dousche tried to get me to ship first to him a while back. I remembered the name from an old troll thread - and was like "why don't you go fuck yourself instead?"

Sorry to hear he got the best of you :(

Wow. In the same state?!

Lawd bejeezus help the person who trolls me in the same state.
Let's hope this bucko gets served.

Make sure to contact TonyH over @ www.trollhunters.com to update their records on him to reflect this bad deal also. Make sure if you contact the authorities before you head to his house(which is how you should really handle this), to bring all the emails or pm's including the tracking info that you and him have exchanged showing all the correspondence to prove your case against him. Hope this turns out well for you and good luck!

on a side note, find a new insurance company, Holy shit 600 bux to renew. I whole policy on 3 cars and a bike only runs me 1600 every 6 months "I'm 21 with a bad record"

Nothing really new to report as of yet. I'm getting bounced around between the DA's office and the Sheriff's Department right now. I'm stalled untill the 24th because the DA's Office in Santa Cruz is on vacation.

By the time the Law does anything my lawsuit will be through and I'll have my 1,250 bucks back, and by the time the DA's office pulls through Mr. Warren is going to have an FBI record. w00t.

I so want to call his ass and just say, " Hey asshole, congrats. You now have a police AND FBI profile. Hope it was worth it shitstick."

edit: And what really pisses me off is that Trillian automatically trunced some of my logs, so all of our earlier conversations were deleted. Fortunatly I still have the orignal reciept for the laptop and shipping stuff, plus his stalling and delaying saying he was going to pay me, so at least I still have that. :D

And I can certainly think of many things I could do to this little shit, which unforunatly end with me in prison without my 1,250 dollars. (I can also think of some stuff that won't land me in Jail too.....)

things like this are best handled by the proper authorities, if your persistant enough, they will hear you out.

wow, now those people are freakin weird. I thought ketuckians were odd folk.

I'd say try the authorities, or, if you need the money _now_, get some friends, a car, and what we germans call 'opinion amplifiers', ie blunt weapons such as baseball bats, to be used for _intimidation only_. It got me 230€ back once...

WOW
i have the best idea

lets all post comments on his pics and say gay stuff.

This guys a complete fucking baby. He's what? 18? Stand up and do the right thing for Gods sakes. You're 18 years old. You're not a juvie, you're an adult. I can totally understand the bad feelings toward this guy....if it happened to me, I'd be so pissed I'd need restrained. I just find some of the rhetoric here such as lets go kill him and such to be sort of out of line. If you can remember back a few weeks ago, there was that massacre in Florida over an Xbox. Certainly, the M6805 is worth more. It's just not cool to talk about bodily harming a person over a material. Definitely do this the legal way, and you'll thank yourself later. While a very large object, it's still not worth being put in prison or hurt yourself. I wish you the best of luck in recovering your item.

Just read this whole thread, really sorry to hear about what happened. Really sucks to get trolled. As for what to do, ShuttleLuv has the right idea, do it the legal way. Only advice I can give is don't give up till you have justice. Good luck with whatever you do, keep us updated...

edit: oh yeah...no need to insult the guy , his myspace does that for him :p

Man that is so not cool. I think I'm getting trolled out of my PS2 games for a hard drive as we speak.

"I am soo shy I need someone who is outgoing and not afraid to make the first move!
I LOVE dancing!
I wouldn't be cought dead without a bright orange shirt on.
I have an unnatural love for green grapes, its almost scary
I Love the water, that includes the lake, ocean, pools, and spa's, water is my life!
I think about myself way too much, I think it is healthy and refreashing.
The two words that I RARELY ever use are love and hate, these words meen to much and when they are said you must really really meen it and yes, I really do love green grapes.
Because of my mom I don't like it when people spell the word "yeah" wrong (its not "yea" people come on.)
I wish I had some chocolate milk right now. YUMM!
I eat so much ceaser salid, that im turning green."

I think that excerpt from his MySpace says it all. :rolleyes:

His pictures should be printed out and as much research as possible should be done before going to the police. The police do not want to step into these type of situations because they don't have the resources or time to "create" a case. You need to make the case.

Someone needs to create an account with Myspace and post the login and password here in forum. Create the account name as [H]ard Forum Members, post a picture of a bunch of people posing for a shot (doesn't matter who is in picture), then we can take turns sending messages to him and all his "friends". I am up for any assistance that I can provide.

My suggestion is to invite him to a game of paintball, and then invite your fellow [H]'ers along to play. I'll give him something to be shy about. And I WON'T be afraid to make the first move on him either. He'll regret that orange shirt he's wearing when I hit him. And I have TONS of green paint... looks like grapes, right?

Hey man, paintball is legal, and a great way to show someone up :p

damn, if he wasn't such an asshat with his ethics, he sounds like a fun guy to be around.
+1 for social skills
-11 for trolling and general asshattery.

I hope you get your laptop or your money. This guy sounds like the type that will strip your laptop down and try to pass off to you whats left. Keep at it though, you'll get him. Try tu push the law enforcement aspect of this the hardest though. Small claims court can order him to pay, but if he doesn't, he just gets a final judgment which fucks up his credit. Methinks someone like him could care less about his credit.

I hate to bring this back from the dead, but does anyone happen to have his AIM name? I noticed a member on here with the same IM handle, a few other things make me suspicous, so I just want some sort of confirmation before I start making accusations.

Endscape

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back