FarCry SM3.0 - what you need to enable it.

tranCendenZ

2[H]4U
#1 FarCry 1.2 patch. Do a google search for it.

#2 Nvidia 61.77 drivers or later. Available at Nvidia's website
http://download.nvidia.com/Windows/61.77/61.77_win2kxp_english.exe

#3 Microsoft DX9.0C (included in Windows XP SP2)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...FamilyID=9226a611-62fe-4f61-aba1-914185249413

#4 Updated SM3.0 FXC.EXE - Extract and put this in your FarCry/Bin32 folder (rename the old one)
http://www.reflectonreality.com/images/fxc.rar

#5 add "r_sm30path 1" and "e_vegetation_sprites_distance_ratio 100"
to your farcry shortcut target line (with the quotes)... i.e.:
"C:\Program Files\FarCry\Bin32\farcry.exe" "r_sm30path 1" "e_vegetation_sprites_distance_ratio 100"

Now when you run FarCry you are set - if it worked you should see SM30 Beta Path in yellow at the top of the screen!
(this can be removed btw, pm me for info)

Thanks man.. I was getting a whole lot of texture tearing and entire objects disapearing until I installed the fxc.exe that you linked to. I gained maybe 2 FPS, but it does look swanky on the 6800GT. :)

This should be stickied. I have a feeling it'll be asked a number of times.

Dude , help me out here. The file I need to exstract is a .rar file . What would I use to do so and do i extract to new folder and drag and drop or extract directly to the far cry folder?

jacuzz1 said:
Dude , help me out here. The file I need to exstract is a .rar file . What would I use to do so and do i extract to new folder and drag and drop or extract directly to the far cry folder?

You need WinRAR:
http://www.download.com/WinRAR/3000-2250-10007677.html?part=dl-winrar&subj=dl&tag=button

#1 use windows explorer to browse to C:\program files\farcry or wherever you put farcry
#2 Change to the Bin32 subdirectory within the farcry dir.
#3 rename "FXC.EXE" to FXC.xxx (you may need the original FXC.EXE for the next FC patch)
#4 extract the above archive with WinRAR to the farcry\bin32 directory

If you did it right, within FarCry/bin32 should be the new FXC.EXE which is approx 950k.

Anyone remember where the link is for removing the yellow SM3 beta path?

tranCendenZ said:
You need WinRAR:
http://www.download.com/WinRAR/3000-2250-10007677.html?part=dl-winrar&subj=dl&tag=button

#1 use windows explorer to browse to C:\program files\farcry or wherever you put farcry
#2 Change to the Bin32 subdirectory within the farcry dir.
#3 rename "FXC.EXE" to FXC.xxx (you may need the original FXC.EXE for the next FC patch)
#4 extract the above archive with WinRAR to the farcry\bin32 directory

If you did it right, within FarCry/bin32 should be the new FXC.EXE which is approx 950k.

thank you sir :D

Ok forgive me but I have had a few beers. I follow your instructions and now i am at the shortcut properties.

I add "r_sm30path 1" to the target line or in the short cut key section? I have never done this before so try not to get pissed off :p

jacuzz1 said:
Ok forgive me but I have had a few beers. I follow your instructions and now i am at the shortcut properties.

I add "r_sm30path 1" to the target line or in the short cut key section? I have never done this before so try not to get pissed off :p

Target line.

If you did everything right you should see a yellow "SM30 Beta Path" at the top of the screen while you play the game.

tranCendenZ said:
Target line.

If you did everything right you should see a yellow "SM30 Beta Path" at the top of the screen while you play the game.

Ok what am i doing wrong? I am getting a the name in the target path is wrong diolouge

Should look something like this:
fcshort.gif

might be quotes on the first part if you installed it in a directory with a space, such as:
"c:\program files\farcry\bin32\farcry.exe" "r_sm30path 1"

that worked , a least no error on the short cut but 3.0 is still not enabled in game? I renamed the old fcx to fcxa.exe could that be it? By the way the .exe extension does not show even with "show all extentions checked in the file options menue. Any ideas?

should i add .exe to the new fca?

jacuzz1 said:
that worked , a least no error on the short cut but 3.0 is still not enabled in game? I renamed the old fcx to fcxa.exe could that be it? By the way the .exe extension does not show even with "show all extentions checked in the file options menue. Any ideas?

should i add .exe to the new fca?

Yeh, you sure you extracted it from the rar? it should be around 900k. It needs to be FXC.EXE, make sure you can see the extensions of other files in the directory.

tranCendenZ said:
Yeh, you sure you extracted it from the rar? it should be around 900k. It needs to be FXC.EXE, make sure you can see the extensions of other files in the directory.

K., thanks i will take a closer look , it has to be something stupid
if not i will wait until tommorrow ........... 4 beers is not condusive to this lol

jacuzz1 said:
K., thanks i will take a closer look , it has to be something stupid
if not i will wait until tommorrow ........... 4 beers is not condusive to this lol

reasons you should not drink alcohol and operate expensive machinery

friends dont let friends drink and 'pute

;)
tranCendenZ said:

Indeed ;)

tranCendenZ said:

Yep Friends let em drink and PUKE :eek:

got it working, I did not have a space in the short cut path after r_sm30path 1" I had "r_sm30path1"

Thank you for your patience. I knew it was something dumb

Back