6800nu 12 to 16 pipes mod coming soon in RivaTuner!

dderidex

Supreme [H]ardness
Link here.

As they say, the text is not in English, but the pictures are.

Mod is not guaranteed to work....but, it's no hardware mod or BIOS flashing or any of that crap. Try it and it works? Great, you've just got a 6800 GT (lower clocks, likely) for $299! It doesn't work? Just disable it and you've still got a great card.

Sweetness!

Can't wait till this is out!

Here is the Babelfish translation, with me making a few obvious replacements for grammar purposes:
As reports that leading division 3d- video Andrey Vorobyev, Aleksey nikolaychuk (author of the popular utility RivaTuner) could find the mechanism, with the aid of which NVIDIA advance 12 or 16 {pipelines} to GeForce 6800 and 6800GT/Ultra respectively. Now we briefly will illustrate, that will give the following version of the utility (for an example it were used map GeForce 6800)
[picture]
And since we see, the number of {pipelines} 12 (y2khy), by the way, now RivaTuner knows how to show the number of working {pipelines}.
[picture]
But here is the desired laying, which makes it possible to change the number of {pipelines}.
[picture]
{Voila}! After reloading, we could obtain y'khy, i.e., 16 {pipelines}. Of course if {it fails}, {as in the 4 turned off pipelines are broken}, then after switching on there can be artifacts; therefore we cannot guarantee, that all GeForce 6800 can be altered in 6800GT on the chip. The release of this program us, by the way, greatly helped, since, as it was explained, in MSI GeForce 6800, article according to which left today, they work not 12, but 16 {pipelines}! Therefore the corresponding correcting will be introduced in the article. However, we cannot guarantee, that all similar pays from MSI will have also 16 {pipelines}. Await further information!

I thought the extra pipes were laser cut? maybe that was just rumor...

is the msi card a reference board like the evga's??? cause i wonder if it will work on an evga 6800??? that would be hot! :cool:

joemama said:
I thought the extra pipes were laser cut? maybe that was just rumor...

probably something Nvidia said to keep people from searching for the soft mod. lol

carrot said:
is the msi card a reference board like the evga's??? cause i wonder if it will work on an evga 6800??? that would be hot! :cool:

I'm pretty sure they're all reference boards, except the new asus one, which slightly deviates from the reference design.

does anyone know when this will be coming out and/or where you can download it from???

Haha, yeah man, your name is awesome, so simple. Makes me laugh. It's awesome dude.

so anyone done a bios flash on 6800nu? it should def be worth a try if there a way to disable extra 4 pipes again if they dont function well.

Chaballaman said:
so anyone done a bios flash on 6800nu? it should def be worth a try if there a way to disable extra 4 pipes again if they dont function well.
A bios flash is more likely to be permanent and irreversable than a soft-mod using Rivatuner..

so it should be perfect if the card can run with 16pipes.
n i dont think pipes are laser cut, 6800 n 6800gt gpu looks identical. i was checkin for cut-bridges but didnt find any.

And if the softmod fails? If it's just a case of enabling all four sets then how could you disable the particular one that was turned off in the first place, if you decide to go back to how it was? Looks pretty risky, considering the shortage of GTs and Ultras probably means they were disabling pipelines for a good reason...
ed: unless (hopefully!) the shortage was mainly due to GDDR3

KrashZA said:
And if the softmod fails? If it's just a case of enabling all four sets then how could you disable the particular one that was turned off in the first place, if you decide to go back to how it was? Looks pretty risky, considering the shortage of GTs and Ultras probably means they were disabling pipelines for a good reason...
ed: unless (hopefully!) the shortage was mainly due to GDDR3

That information is in the Bios. When you go back to 12 pipes it'll automatically pick the good ones.

if this actually works, the 6800LE will be a thought of the past for me =D

Chaballaman said:
it would be great if there was a hardmod to enable/disable extra pipes..

there is, a BIOS flash... but it's not reversible supposedly

I think that I'll wait for the softmod to come out, then if it succeeds I'll flash the BIOS

Back