Can x800 or 6800 work on WinMe?

Chaballaman

[H]ard|Gawd
i was unable to get x800pro to work on windows me, tried latest ati driver for win me but didn't seem to detect the card.. does 6800 work on windows me?

As long as you have the newest drives, it they will both work. It may be an issue because the market is moving towards all XP/2000 (and newer stuff soon) so the priority is not in making Me drivers. Still, things should work, get the newest drives and it should.

Why not "obtain" a copy of Windows XP or Windows 2000?

Ver said:
Why not "obtain" a copy of Windows XP or Windows 2000?

Yeah, it makes a lot more sense to move to XP. It is a lot faster then Me and the boot up times must be 5 times shorter. Better interface, better core, better everything. It's time upgrade. 2000 is good too, but for most people XP makes a lot more sense.

Chaballaman said:
i was unable to get x800pro to work on windows me, tried latest ati driver for win me but didn't seem to detect the card.. does 6800 work on windows me?
i also suggest going for windows xp especially much better OS than ME by far. i tested ati drivesrs for 98/ME and they work fine with a 9800pro, 9800xt and x800pro so did you uninstall the old drivers first?

It should work, maybe use Driver Cleaner in Safe Mode, but work towards obtaining NT/XP while you're at it.

Yea ME was like MicroSofts worse OS you should really try to get an upgrade on your os as the next course of action. A stong and stable OS is like the backbone of your gaming/pc exp.

i used cat 4.4 n i thought it was the latest but looks like ati has finally released cat 4.7 for win me two weeks ago.. (didn't know cos they skipped 4.5, 4.6 for win me). so it should work with 4.7 no problem. i have two system, one with win me and other with xp.. i dont have any prob with win me system. i know many people think win me is one of most fxxxed up version, but personally i never had any prob with it n i've been using it since it came out.

DemonDiablo said:
Yea ME was like MicroSofts worse OS you should really try to get an upgrade on your os as the next course of action. A stong and stable OS is like the backbone of your gaming/pc exp.

Naw, second worst, DOS 4.0 was the worst ;)

no, it will not work... ati discontenued support of all 9x machines (windows ME) ever since cat 4.3, so those drivers wont work with windows ME, theoretically

lithium726 said:
no, it will not work... ati discontenued support of all 9x machines (windows ME) ever since cat 4.3, so those drivers wont work with windows ME, theoretically

Then why can you download the 4.7 cats for windows 98? It's in the download menu. Check your sources.

It theoretically should work. But I wouldn't wait a sweat on it. I just go and grab a copy of XP.

http://www.tekdeal.com/item.asp?n=winxppcdk&d=44&sc=GOOG&k=AD4

$110 for one copy of Windows XP Professional. And this is the full version. Order there.

Back