Votes: 13 7.1%
  • 6800 other YES problem

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • 6800 other NO problem

Votes: 3 1.6%

• Total voters

OPUS1

[H]ard|Gawd
Ok I furballed the first poll, hopefully this am be betterer :)

There seems to be an issue with some of the 6800 series installs, I've had no problems at all.
your problems or lack of should be based on installation not heat sink stuff or the like.
Vote your poison !

With all the people claiming to have issues,why only 7 votes?

OPUS1 said:
With all the people claiming to have issues,why only 7 votes?
Because hopefully most of them have realized by now it's not always the card at fault...knowing how to set up the Forceware and the rest of your system is the key to making these things work. Having the wrong driver settings, oc'ing too far, not having the card firmly in the agp slot, forgetting chipset drivers after a format, not cleaning out old Ati drivers correctly etc....are all things I see repeated time after time. Very few of these "problems" can be solved with an rma.

joemama said:
Because hopefully most of them have realized by now it's not always the card at fault...knowing how to set up the Forceware and the rest of your system is the key to making these things work. Having the wrong driver settings, oc'ing too far, not having the card firmly in the agp slot, forgetting chipset drivers after a format, not cleaning out old Ati drivers correctly etc....are all things I see repeated time after time. Very few of these "problems" can be solved with an rma.

Ain't it the truth!
I wonder how many people read TFM before beginning !?
Or search the web for tips hints & advice before beginning!?
It saves me a boat load of trouble!

OPUS1 said:
I wonder how many people read TFM before beginning !?
Or search the web for tips hints & advice before beginning!?
It saves me a boat load of trouble!

Very few it seems...It's almost like nobody even tries anymore to fix a problem on their own...or even know wtf Google is :rolleyes:

Might as well post this here too.

got by EVGA 6800 GT in the mail Yesterday.

Put it in my sn41g2 with 250W Power Supply, text and graphics are corrupted at all levels with yellow static like lines going down the bios screen. Call Evga, the guy on the phone pretty much confirms my suspision that the memory is bad on the card. Asks me to put it in another PC before I RMA it to make sure that power isn't a issue.

Put it in my secondary PC with a 5 year old Deer brand 300W PS, Power Supply Explodes in a puff of Smoke just about instantly.

Call A friend of mine, who has a thermaltake 560W power supply. Gets the same corruption deal I get on my shuttle.

Try to RMA Card Through EVGA and apparently they dont RMA to people in PA since they don't ship to my address. Finally RMA'D through Newegg.

To say I had a bad day is a little bit of an understatement right now.

Deathlizard said:
Put it in my secondary PC with a 5 year old Deer brand 300W PS, Power Supply Explodes in a puff of Smoke just about instantly.
:eek: -well that is to be expected. Sorry to hear about your gt problems.

Damn that sucks but I have had no problem with my 6800 Ultra either that basically wasn't my fault.

Those getting a 6800 who had an ATI card installed be sure to use driver cleaner. You MUST get all vestages of those ATI drivers outtathere before you install the Forceware drivers.

With the thousands of [H]'ers here only 51 votes :confused:
Oh well time to make glue outta this horse :eek:

I know that Anand said he has had 5? die on him some died slowly the others were DOA.

6800GT here, without problems.

Only problem that *I*'m having is not enough time to fully enjoy the card! :(

Keon said:
6800GT here, without problems.

Only problem that *I*'m having is not enough time to fully enjoy the card! :(
Pass it on over here, I'm sure that I can find some extra time. :D
My only problem is that I don't have the cash for one and I can't find one locally anyways.

What problems have been showing up? I read that post about his having bad memory, what else?

I'm having a slight problem, but I don't know if it's the eVGA 6800NU or my monitor or what. When I turn the resolution to 1600x1200, the text gets pretty blurry. I did up the DPI to Large, I think it's 120? But, still blurry. I dropped the resolution down to 1280x1200, and it's better, but still kind of annoying.

My monitor is the NEC FP2141SB, I know that I need to buy a special screwdriver (Phillips #0 with a 6" long shank if I'm not mistaken) to fiddle with some knobs. Why the HELL were they buried so deep anyway? And nothing about them in the manual. For the amount the monitor costs you'd think they could just throw in a screwdriver, damn.

Anyway, not sure if that's all I need to fix it or what. Anyone else run into this?

Technically I had no problems with my BFG 6800 Ultra OC until I tried to play older games like Morrowind where I experienced a FPS slowdown concerning mainly shadow and water animation. This has largely been fixed by my upgrade to 65.62 beta.

Other than that more modern games have worked superbly from the start and I have actually experienced a performance increase with the install of Forceware 65.62.

CrimandEvil said:
What problems have been showing up? I read that post about his having bad memory, what else?

I just saw his blog entry saying that he would ask Nvidia, in a meeting they were having, about his problems with his cards. Some were DOA and others just stopped working.

Okatha said:
I'm having a slight problem, but I don't know if it's the eVGA 6800NU or my monitor or what. When I turn the resolution to 1600x1200, the text gets pretty blurry. I did up the DPI to Large, I think it's 120? But, still blurry. I dropped the resolution down to 1280x1200, and it's better, but still kind of annoying.

My monitor is the NEC FP2141SB, I know that I need to buy a special screwdriver (Phillips #0 with a 6" long shank if I'm not mistaken) to fiddle with some knobs. Why the HELL were they buried so deep anyway? And nothing about them in the manual. For the amount the monitor costs you'd think they could just throw in a screwdriver, damn.

Anyway, not sure if that's all I need to fix it or what. Anyone else run into this?

Do you have "Cleartype" enabled?

OPUS1 said:
Do you have "Cleartype" enabled?

Actually no. I thought that was one of those resource hogging "features". Anyway, enabling it seems to help quite a bit. Thanks for that Opus. :)

Syphon Filter said:
my BFG6800 Ultra has a problem with high or very high shadows in far cry. Other than that its bitchin...

check out this thread on guru3d to see what i mean

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=100637
I wonder if his has tried the new 65.62 Forceware drivers with it? (haven't read much of the thread).
I do remember that FC seems to have some graphically "weirdness" from time to time.

CrimandEvil said:
I wonder if his has tried the new 65.62 Forceware drivers with it? (haven't read much of the thread).
I do remember that FC seems to have some graphically "weirdness" from time to time.

Hey dude...I am running the 65.62's

they fixed an issue where i was having corruption (sometimes not all) in UT2k4 if i tried to run 1600x1200 at anything above 60Hz. Now with the 65.62's I can run at 1600x1200@75Hz just fine. But the Far Cry shadows issue is still there.

Oh that was you? My bad. That is a weird one. :(
I was having some general troubles with Windows (some had to do with video playback using DX9c and VMR) but after I installed the new SP2 stuff it's running fine, I guess it's worth a shot (if your not already on SP2).

CrimandEvil said:
Oh that was you? My bad. That is a weird one. :(
I was having some general troubles with Windows (some had to do with video playback using DX9c and VMR) but after I installed the new SP2 stuff it's running fine, I guess it's worth a shot (if your not already on SP2).

Speaking of desktop weirdness...

When i do RMB save from a webpage I cant create a new folder using the "New Folder" button (check the link to see what i mean):

http://www.pclincs.com/cpg1.2.1_standalone/albums/userpics/10016/folder.JPG

As well as some other general oddities.

What browser are you using? (weird face) It sounds like theres something wrong with your system and that it's not just limitied to some games. weird stuff man.
Could it be some sort of software conflict?

6800 GT OC

zero problems

couldn't be happier

8XS AA 16X AF in all games (except Doom III multiplayer :p )

Terra said:
You only have DirectX9.0b?
Try installing Directx9.0c ;)

Terra...

I've had 9.0c installed for a couple weeks. I doubt it did anything performance wise.

CrimandEvil said:
What browser are you using? (weird face) It sounds like theres something wrong with your system and that it's not just limitied to some games. weird stuff man.
Could it be some sort of software conflict?

This is happening on a fresh XP install. I am using IE. My install is fully patched and service packed (bar SP2).

What do you think is going on?

Syphon Filter said:
This is happening on a fresh XP install. I am using IE. My install is fully patched and service packed (bar SP2).

What do you think is going on?
Try going to with the SP2 update, like I sid it fix several of my problems.

Back