Water cooled Aria(pics)

Bigshot

Gawd
I have been working on getting this together for awhile. I think it turned out pretty good. Take a look.....(props to Pwnisher ;) )
New exterior pic:
new1.JPG

aa4.JPG

aa3.JPG

aa2.JPG

aa1.JPG

Thanks for looking... comments welcome.

nice work,

might wanna list the specs of ur machine. . . before and after temps, . . noise level,

more pics :)

Sure no problem,

I am using an Asus P4P800-VM motherboard, a P4 3.2 GHz cpu, 1 gig of Corsair 3200 LL memory, BBA 9800 XT, Hercules Fortissimo 7.1 sound card, Plextor 8x DVD burner, 36 WD Raptor and a Globalwin cooling system.

I really can't say how good or bad this water setup is in this case. I have never used a fan on the cpu just this water cooling. But from past experience it does seem to keep it cooled down pretty good. The sound is ok too, those two side fans humm just a bit on 12 volt setting but on 5 volts they are pretty quiet.

Here is a pic I took, the video card is kinda warm, not bad though. The cpu stays around 30c or so and goes up to about 41c when gaming.
1goodtemp.JPG

Aha! And you will notice the card reader has been removed. :) Nice job. This is something I'm looking into doing as well.

When laying your hoses, did you have a hard time with fitting them around the PSU since the CPU socket is underneath? How long are the barbs on the waterblock?

-E

Very nice work man. I have a buddy with the Aria I sent a link to. Maybe he'll decide watercooling is in his future. ;)

Do you have a shot with the right side panel on? Would like to see what you've got mounted there from the inside like we can in your last pic with the radiator.

Oh, and does that MB overclock? I had an early one from ASUS, and it didn't. So I flashed using a Beta BIOS from their site, and killed a MB with either a bad flash or a bad BIOS for the first time in my life. That's one of the big reasons I sold my Black CoolerMaster AVCS case, and bought my Shuttle SB61G2 instead. And fortunately, this has been a great little unit, if a tad limiting with the single AGP and PCI slot. And I still love my Soltek 3701M, since it has dual 5 1/4" drive bays. ;)

how much higher do you remps get with all fans at 5v?

i almost bought a silent stream, silll pretty interest for water cooling on the cheap.

Nice Job! Bigshot :)

I was interested in the Aria. But once of the things that held me back was that I prefer watercooling. In that respect you are an inspiration indeed. :D

custom > that

I need to get on my Shuttle WC setup so I can put these prefab kits to shame :D

Looks nice, way to go Bigshot

How far does the fan on the radiator stick out?? I ask because I am thinking about the same case and want to know if the rad and fan iwll bock me from slapping in a HDD on that side of the case.

Royal

I just built an Aria system;

Intel 2.8E @ 3.0GHZ
Asus P4P800-VM
1GB Crucial DDR3200
ATI Radeon 9700Pro
Sound Blaster Live Audigy Gamer+
8x Lite-on DVD+/-RW
1x 200GB W.D. HDD
1x 80GB W.D. HDD

I'm having alot of trouble with spacing, I can't seem to fit the cords in as nice and clean (to allow airflow) as much as I hoped I could have. I'm having some heating issues, (I do realize the Prescotts run hotter).

With both side panels off and a house fan blowing at my case, my CPU/MOBO are idling at 45C and 42C. They bump up about 5-10C underload. However, if I place the panels on, they CPU/MOBO idle at about 51C and 48C, and underload the cpu reaching near or above 60C and the mobo around 53C-56C. Keep in mind I am overclocking the 2.8 right now at 3.0, I wish to overclock further (my target is 3.3ghz, and stable).

I'm trying to figure something out, whether it be watercooling or adding case fans, to lower the temps. I'm leaning towards watercooling (like you) but I don't have the tools (or expierence) for modding this case. I noticed you removed to card reader.. I have thought about this and I probably am going to do it to free up some space. I am just trying to figure out how you went about installing the mod, it's probably a pain in the ass for you to explain it, but if you can I appreciate it.

smurph said:
I just built an Aria system;

Intel 2.8E @ 3.0GHZ
Asus P4P800-VM
1GB Crucial DDR3200
ATI Radeon 9700Pro
Sound Blaster Live Audigy Gamer+
8x Lite-on DVD+/-RW
1x 200GB W.D. HDD
1x 80GB W.D. HDD

I'm having alot of trouble with spacing, I can't seem to fit the cords in as nice and clean (to allow airflow) as much as I hoped I could have. I'm having some heating issues, (I do realize the Prescotts run hotter).

With both side panels off and a house fan blowing at my case, my CPU/MOBO are idling at 45C and 42C. They bump up about 5-10C underload. However, if I place the panels on, they CPU/MOBO idle at about 51C and 48C, and underload the cpu reaching near or above 60C and the mobo around 53C-56C. Keep in mind I am overclocking the 2.8 right now at 3.0, I wish to overclock further (my target is 3.3ghz, and stable).

I'm trying to figure something out, whether it be watercooling or adding case fans, to lower the temps. I'm leaning towards watercooling (like you) but I don't have the tools (or expierence) for modding this case. I noticed you removed to card reader.. I have thought about this and I probably am going to do it to free up some space. I am just trying to figure out how you went about installing the mod, it's probably a pain in the ass for you to explain it, but if you can I appreciate it.
As I recall, those temperatures are in the proper range for a prescott. Maybe someone leeter than I can find the direct quite form Intel, but I think those temps are "ok." Cooling your processor more is always a good thing though, so definitely look into better cooling.

I see, thanks for the info, however I am still concerned about it due to a few crashes while playing games, of which I think were due to heating issues. (Thats why the panels are off now, and i havent had a crash since).

Thanks everbody for the comments!! I just got home from work and notice my case on the front of Hardocp. I am real excited about this setup, maybe some more mods in the future. So many questions from everybody, I will try to answer them by tonight. Thanks again.

Is the radiator fan "sucking" ? I would think you would want it that way so you didn't have hot case air flowing through the radiator.

Not to take away from this guy's thread, but my friend and I recently water-cooled an Aria using a Zalman Reserator:

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=783557&highlight=zalman

The pics are big on that page, so don't browse it if you ain't got the bandwidth.

To the original poster -- your setup certainly appears to be a lot more self-contained that our big-ass tall-ass Zalman Reserator. Nice work.

IronChefMorimoto

What water cooling is that? It looks like a Zalman but I can't find anything on it. I am thinking of switching from my big loud case to something smaller and quieter. NVM: I see that it is a globalwin kit. That kit just needs one 80mm hole right. I see on your mod you have another 80mm hole on the other side of the case. Is that just a standard 80mm fan?

Yes, correct it really only needs the one side for the rad. But I added the second one on the opposite side for some good air flow. Keeps my 3.2 P4 at 30c idle, 40c load. Also I just added an BBA X800Pro flashed to a PE. Temps for it 42c idle, 60c load.

I love this case. I highly recommend it.

This case seemed to be so great but after playing with this thing for about 4 months it sucks. NO cable management was thought of for this case. I think I will move back to shuttle XPC's Antec was at the top of my list but now it blows. I am so disgusted with the Antec Aria where is the cable mangement where is the silence. Id rather put up with the noise of a shuttle xpc than use this piece of junk. Maybe in the next version they will have the brains enough to use a cable management themee. :mad: :mad:

I must apologize I was frustrated and angry about my computer setup. Maybe I need to get a normal desktop case to put my system in. I was told by a computer repair tech at compusa that the antec aria can't handle an AMD64 3200 with 2 250gb 7200 rpm hard drive and 1 8x dvd burner. I had it running fine but i went to purchase far cray and some other games and the tech asked what system setup I had. He told me that the system will run but if I run the games on it like far cray, doom 3, Halo that the system will overheat and burn out. Can someone help me. I really like the way the antec aria looks and feels but the cable management is not working out for me and it is increasing my temps

I have added a few new things to my case:

I have added an exterior enclosure for my optical drive-
The new Antec hardrive cooler-
A Western Digital 74gig Raptor-
And a new BBA X800 Pro VIVO flashed to a XT/PE

Temps for my cpu have stayed the same but my video card temps have went down dramactically. From 66c to about 40c (idle).

My Aria is running better then ever!!

ALYNCH75 said:
I must apologize I was frustrated and angry about my computer setup. Maybe I need to get a normal desktop case to put my system in. I was told by a computer repair tech at compusa that the antec aria can't handle an AMD64 3200 with 2 250gb 7200 rpm hard drive and 1 8x dvd burner. I had it running fine but i went to purchase far cray and some other games and the tech asked what system setup I had. He told me that the system will run but if I run the games on it like far cray, doom 3, Halo that the system will overheat and burn out. Can someone help me. I really like the way the antec aria looks and feels but the cable management is not working out for me and it is increasing my temps

we've sold alot of aria's several of which have been to gamers using 9800pros (and some i dont know what video card) along with p4 or barton setups in the shop i work at we havent had one bad aria back except one that was doa. so i wouldnt worry that much. hell theres people running 3.2e with a couple of hard drives and a dvdrw with the minuets power supply.

I don't think the power supply is an issue. As far as heat goes, in my setup I added an 80mm SilenX case fan on the graphics side of the case and currently enjoy a 6c temp drop. Just goes to show that the Aria can benifit from an intake fan as well as any tower. The more cool air you bring in, the better the positive pressure to help the 120mm fan exhaust the hot air out. I currently own two of these cases, and they are much easier to work on than my daughter's Shuttle SN45G.

-E

Main Target said:
you are listening to a guy that works at compusa...?

That's what I was going to ask. Ask here, at least people here do this kinda stuff.

Nice system though. I am thinking about posting my Antec Minuet (microatx, half height) computer I have. It is the AthXP 1800+ listed below. I have a rubber grommeted window, Zalman 7000A-Cu mounted on a A7N266-VM, Vantec Stealth 80mm blow hole, all on Zalman Fanmates. Dlink half height wireless network card, 4" red CCs. 8x DVD burner. It is a really nice system for personal use, course not for gaming with the onboard GF2MX video. I was looking for a decent half height video card but the most you can get is a 9600SE or FX5200 which I won't go for.

Anyway, its one of a kind because most people don't mod Antec Minuet cases due to their kinda crappy cooling, though the system I use works very well.

i wish i had gone with a minuet over my p160, i woulda gone shoe box if i didnt already have my motherboard.

Back