Begining of my College Comp

UT-Jackal

Limp Gawd
Here it is so far, still have to decide what to do with that el wire on the bottom of the case so dont pay attention to that. Other than that El Wire i have the wires managed preaty good, got 3 rocker switches up front for blue cathoids, el wire, and uv cathoid. The only real modding i did was cutting a hole up in the top back of the case for wire management purposes and cutting the holes for the rocker switches. Would list all the hardware but im tired so ill do that later, but basically its bad ass... What do you guys think? Any ideas for further modding on it? Im thinking of stealthing the cd driver, but it doesnt look to bad how it is.

ONE
TWO
THREE

Badass case dude.

A few suggestions though:

1. Hide the CC, it over powers its own lighting from the other parts. See if you can place it
beneith the top case panel, or that metal bar just above it.

2. Since the internal lighting and the buttons on the front are blue, that orange rear exaust
fan looks out of place, unless you paint the fan on the Zalman AL 7000 to match.

3. And go ahead and stealth the cd-rom drive, its the little details like that, that takes a mod
that much better. (thats a lot of thats)

Well thanks guys

I dont have to worry about the college chicks liking it cause i already got a college chic, but anyways
i was trying to hide that cc but there is like nowhere to put it up there except in the back where i dont think it would shine on the mobo much, but ill give it a shot.
I agree that the uv fans dont fit in too well, but i planned on sleeving my psu to match because i have a uv cc in there and i wanted to kidna contrast the blue.
And my next step is stealthing the cd drive. How do i stealth it and have use of the button to open it still, im sure i could come up with something, but just thought i would ask.
Once again thanks for the comments!

- Jackal -

ok specs...
ABIT "KV8 Pro" K8T800 Pro Chipset Motherboard
AMD Athlon 64 3000+, 512KB L2 Cache 64-bit Processor
Corsair Value Select Dual Channel Kit 184 Pin 1G(512MBx2) DDR PC-3200
MSI Black 52X24X52X16 DVD/CD-RW Combo Drive
Zalman CNPS7000A-Cu (basically the totally copper one)
Antec TrueControl 550W Power Supply
Western Digital HD 7200RPM 80 gig (this is one part i went cheap on, but it is really all i need)
Visiontek X800 Pro 256MB DDR
and a NEC 19in flat screen... oh its beautiful
The case ofcourse is a Lian Li

Thats everything i think if i left anything out let me know and ill let ya know what it is.

Wire sleeving. Gotta get in the wire sleeving. It's not hard to do, just a little time consuming. Took me 2 hours to sleeve everything in my case. Course, I also sleeved my water tubing with some Swiftech cool sleeving.

You could get yourself a Lian Li cd-rom bezel. They normally go for under $20.

Here's some old pics of my case. They are only roughly 2 weeks old, but the overall look is different again.

[Front] http://www.animehorizons.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2962
[Side] http://www.animehorizons.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2963

It uses the PC-65B case also. The wire sleeving is all blue, the water is clear with blue UV water dye, vid card is a blue pcb Chaintech 6800, mobo is the black pcb Abit IC7-Max 3, etc.

I originaly sleeved a psu but ended up not using it, i probobly will sleeve this one in the future, but i wanted it working now. With how i managed to hide the wires, i dont really need to sleeve them though, maybe just the wire that goes to the vid card and the yellow and black one to the mobo.but the rest are all hidden.
I moved my blue CC to the back of the case, and it isnt so blinding and it is difficult to see the acctual tube, the uvCC is now up front where the blue one was. For now im going to leave it but i might move it in the future. I want to get some UV sleeving and then maybe buy another uvCC.
Does anyone know of places that sell single CC tubes? cause thats all i need.

vid card door fan
blow hole (if you dont already have on)
video card ram sinks on back of card
mosfet heat sinks
cut out the fan molded case fan grates to give better airflow/cut down on air turbulance noise

you can start there and then just go nuts... I mean thats usually what i do when i get my student loans

yeah i was thinking of cutting holes for a double fan set up on top instead of a single, and i wanted to cut out the front fan areas and put custom grills on both.
but do they sell single CC tubes? does anyone know??

What is the UT in your name. If its Univ. of Tennessee, go live in Greve Hall (right next to the sorority dorms) Live in room 319 or 214 and look for traces of me. I went there, and lived in both.

Frozen CPU sells them I think. Also make sure you use a hole saw for those blow holes. Dont want to mess up that pretty case.

no, not tennessee, Texas. And i did see those on frozencpu, but i think if anything ill just get another set, its almost the same price.

And i forgot, i must give props to my tech guy, he picked all the shit out and helped install it.... so thanks HRslammR! :D

stealthed the drive, ill have a pic as soon as i get some batteries for the cam...
now my friend has the same case as me, whose do you like better?

UT-Jackal said:
stealthed the drive, ill have a pic as soon as i get some batteries for the cam...
now my friend has the same case as me, whose do you like better?

Lol ur friends case looks much nicer... the wiring, and everything looks better.... yours is a bit messy :/

but there are two things you must note, for one ive got that el wire laying in the bottom which makes it look cluttered, but ill take that out for the next pic. Secondly, (ill feel stupid if im wronge but yeah) his vid card doesnt have a power cord running to it. As for the other wires i did my best :\ but once i get my dremel ill hit it up and make it basically "wireless" ;)

ya ur system obviously is a better comp.... but his is neater :p
my system is absolute shit btw.... i got rid of all the small wire clutter, but the damn cold cathode system takes so much room ( i hafta hav it on the bottom becus it uses one of the bays in the back :/ [lightswitch])

UT-Jackal said:
Once again thanks for the comments!

- Jackal -
Hey Jackal. I think I played you in UT2K4 before.....If I remember correctly you kicked my a$$. I use the same name here too. That case is looking nice. Clean and simple is a good thing! About the CC light, you could cover it up with some polystyrene sheet (get it at railroad hobby stores) and you can paint the sheet in whatever way you want with a mask to cover the sections you want to glow, or even put it in your printer and print out a cover!. The effect is almost identical to Indiglo dashes in cars. Might be a cheap and easy solution to your problem of covering the light, while adding a little something at the same time. Make sure you get the thinner sheets so the light will shine thru. It cuts down the glare from the CC lights BIGTIME. Check it out, the black part with the symbol is the cover made of polystyrene:

drives.jpg

jlee1 said:
Probably not...
what do you mean? t3h chix0rz will beat a path to his door :p

nicely done, i also recommend hiding the Cold cathode, the blue's a bit much.

Back