dvd to QT

natpond

Limp Gawd
a friend of mine has a band and has some footage of them playing on dvd, he wants to put it on their website and their webmaster needs it in quicktime format, whast the best/cheapest/easiest way to do that?

-nat

natpond said:
a friend of mine has a band and has some footage of them playing on dvd, he wants to put it on their website and their webmaster needs it in quicktime format, whast the best/cheapest/easiest way to do that?

-nat

What tools do you have available? The low-budget way is to hook a DVD player into a Video-in card on your PC and use some app to record what you want. Be warned that doing this can easily eat up a few dozen gigs of space in no time.

Now, the NO-budget way is to get some DVD ripping software (DVD decrypter is what I use - totally free) and rip the DVD to your PC. (this way should only take a few GB for a full DVD)
Then find some software to convert the DVD files into an MPEG or something. Take it into an editing program like Adobe Premeire, cut it up to get only what you want, export as a quicktime file.

It's mostly simple, but just kinda time-consuming.

Back