are PNY 6800Gt any good because...

pacer12

n00b
At compusa PNY 6800GT for $399.00 and you get free Doom 3 instantly with purchase of graphic card, wondering if anybody has problem with PNY 6800GT. Thanks!!

Dude if you have the chance go for it, the PNY is a very good card and Doom 3 is a great game, you should consider yourself lucky you actually have the chance to get this card unlike a lot of other people.

I have a PNY 6800U, and I'm happy with it (except for the fact that I'm sure it has 2.0ns memory instead of the 1.6ns it should have...).

Yeah...I saw that in the paper this morning. A 6800GT for MSRP plus Doom 3 is a really great deal. :eek:

thanks for the tips and about the memory 2.0ns or 1.6ns, I am confused which or what to look for in graphic card.

I'll never buy another pny card again after me and friends ti 4400 (non-oc'ed) died exactly a yr after purchasing them and that wasnt a cheap card at all at the time that it first came out :mad:

joemamma, I dindn't check Ft. Worth, but in Dallas, only Park Lane (2) and Plano (4) had copies. At 11:00 am, Plano couldn't "find" their other 3, but had one that I nabbed.

Arseface said:
I have a PNY 6800U, and I'm happy with it (except for the fact that I'm sure it has 2.0ns memory instead of the 1.6ns it should have...).
Where did you get yours, I've been waiting on mine for over a month now?

Great card my 6800 GT
I've had 5 so far all stood up to my abuse!
If you register online at PNY the warranty is 3 years total. In todays market thats a lifetime for me.
Just got back from compusa and they had 4 in stock
He who hesitates is furballed :eek:
Go get ye some :D

flurp said:
joemamma, I dindn't check Ft. Worth, but in Dallas, only Park Lane (2) and Plano (4) had copies. At 11:00 am, Plano couldn't "find" their other 3, but had one that I nabbed.

Lol I went to the plano one yesterday and they supposively had 6 in, yet they couldn't find 1 of them. Luckily there were 7 eVGA 6800GT's at Quakecon though :D .

Thanks for this thread. I bought a 6800GT from them 12 days ago. Walked in with my receipt and left with a copy of Doom 3 :) .

OPUS1 said:
Great card my 6800 GT
I've had 5 so far all stood up to my abuse!
If you register online at PNY the warranty is 3 years total. In todays market thats a lifetime for me.
Just got back from compusa and they had 4 in stock
He who hesitates is furballed :eek:
Go get ye some :D

The one in Orange?

Norwalk
I was going to check the online and it came up with "sorry we are restocking check back later"

flurp said:
I already have a GT or I would go check the Compusa about 3 minutes from my house. ;)

First thing on Monday morning, I better get the graphic card before it sold out. Thanks.

i just got mine, compusa had one left and now i have an extra copy of doom3. Pretty sweet, runs great.

the 6800 GT from PNY is just as good as any other brand. yes, that even applies to the almighty BFG brand that everyone around here praises....

Back