When you do a mod everyone knows its going to be awesome. Keep us updated :) .

Im new to shuttle cases and i was just wondering are you using the stock powersupply ?and if you are is it enough to run the bfg 6800.
because i was thinking about moving my system into a shuttle xp case and i have a nvidia fx 5950u and was worried about the powersupply voltage.

Horaay, it's another mashie Mod!
Nice work so far. Looking forward to seeing the finished project and how you cram all the stuff in there.

well people told me that I would have problems with my Radeon 9800 Pro and a 200W PSU but it has never had any issues....this unit has a 240W PSU and as long as there aren't a ton of extra components I don't think there would be an issue

Nothing like cube-lovin'
I can't wait to see this thing up, although a 6800 AND a water pump has me leary about the PSU. Of course, this is a Mashie mod, so I don't think we should be worried. It'll work ;)

quote:
1/2" tubing just for the challenge

Mashie, youre the fucking man.

Is iD sponsoring this?

This is definately one to watch, I was just a few days ago having thoughts of water moddin' my SN45G... I will be taking all the advice and knowlege I can from this thread! :)

Wow.. I love your work Mashie! You are my idol in the modding world! I really cannot wait to see the final product.... mmmm D3 watercooled shuttle!

wow, impressive!

I have an SN85G4L, I'm thinking of doing the same thing. Do you think a Lite-on DVD-R might fit in the Shuttle with the waterblock in the way? It's atleast 1-2" shorter then normal CDROMS

What do you do for a living? and when do you find time to do all this scwet stuff?!!?!?!

That gpu cooler is VERY sweet. What does a waterblock that big set you back? It looks like it could bend crap cards in 1/2. ;)

Sweet that you were able to work around the "crossbar". Did you find screws to mount it back in place? Looks like you might have simply re-rivited it.

And can you hint at what your planning on doing to make the case look "Doom 3"-like? I'm SO curious!!! :)

Keep up the great work!!!

mashie - Have you figured out where you will put the pump?

I have seen one placed in the space where the HD and floppy go. The HD was mounted upside down on the bottom of the cage, but the pump was about half the size of this one! :confused: I'll be watching this one with bated breath! :cool:

Woah! Quite an incredible mod. I'm going to be looking forward to see how this turns out. Best of luck!

Hmm... the good thing about the Laptop drive is that I would imagine it frees up a little space in a variety of dimensions. Still, I'm looking forward to seeing how you get all that stuff to work out.

I saw you working on the webcam, it looked like you were bondo'n the mesh or something...

I have the exact same system you are building :D

I attended PDXLAN 3.04, here are the two pics of my case featured on NVidia's NZone website.

pic4.jpg

pic5.jpg

Since then i have removed my reservoir and put in a windowed light-on burner, and the DD waterblock, which wasn't available in time for PDXLAN.

What are your temps? I'm running the C-systems 750 pump which actually fits inside the shuttle quite well with room to spare.

EDIT: Thought i'd add, I have this rig running an AMD mobile 2500+ at 2.5ghz/400mhz FSB. It runs about 39-40c full load. 12k 3dmark benchmark :D

I love the mesh work and that painted pump is just kick-ass lookin'. Hey I know that res---lol..

i'm wondering how you're gonna fit it all... but you shouldn't have any problems. this should prove to be interesting.

I intend to do much of the same thing as Zlog did with some element sof inspired by mashie. although not doom themed. Can you tell me more about assembly and any problems or considerations you had to make? I was thinking about using the antec aria case but now i may just go with a shuttle

Zlog - You didn't! I LOVE the look of the nVidia res! :(

Mash - As a non-water cooling guy (so what do I know? ;), I love the parts you've selected. That res is SWEET, and while I imagine you might "mod" it somehow, I love it's simple look as is.

Glad to hear your parts all arrived. Let the Shuttle mod complete! :D

Zlog said:
Since then i have removed my reservoir and put in a windowed light-on burner, and the DD waterblock, which wasn't available in time for PDXLAN.

Mashie: Every time you do a mod it just amazes me, keep up the good work

Not only is that a great solution for the pump bends, it makes it look even more like the Doom3 machinery. That plumber's putty is great stuff---should be no problems at all with leakage.

Im assumming there will be paint over the putty....you paint work is great BTW: ... Do you do models too? or used to...?

so mashie, can i do a doom3 mod too since u and crimson are doing one? :D I mean.......i feel left out :D

Mashie, U rule, this mod looks SICK~!~

Keep up the good work. I looked at your other mods at MASHIE.ORG, nice work

How much money is this one costing you. I would like to make a similar mod and was curious.

when you do a mod like this it doesn't really matter how much you spend on it because it is a labor or love :D

Back