are writing to let you know that the release date of your
item(s) has changed. Please see the information below to
find out when the new release date is, and when you can
expect to receive your order.

Half-Life 2: Collector's Edition PC
Original release date : 02 SEP 2004
New release date : 02 NOV 2004
Selected Shipping Method : Standard

edit wrong forum, can you move to games forum plz? thx.

Ahahahahahahahaha
I guess after they leaked the script they're going back to rewrite it. :rolleyes:

I hope that Walmart just screwed up though.

I sent in the Bestbuy HL2 coupon I got with my ATI 9800 Pro 128 last October (2003). I've now upgraded my video card (August 2004). At this rate I'll have upgraded again by the time that game shows up.

Half-life2..the game that was meant to be played :rolleyes:

Terra - this is like a never endning saga :D

Argh! That means Bloodlines will be pushed back too! Noooo!

Well it does look like Nov 1 is the new date (EB still has it for September though).

Am I the only one not very impressed with Valve and HL2? I'm not even looking forward to it any more. Whats the point if I have to go through three or four video card product cycles before the game is even released?

No official word it seems, so you can't trust walmart. All indications show that HL2 will be out next month imo - with pre-loads etc etc

tranCendenZ said:
Got this in my email this morning

Dear,
Thank you for your recent purchase from Walmart.com. We

lol TranC - your post got shutdown at halflife2.net - no speculation allowed there :p

No official word = we don't know anything.

However for some reason there's no HL2 pre-load yet when there should be. You can't even get CSS yet - what's going on? :confused:

Blad3 said:
lol TranC - your post got shutdown at halflife2.net - no speculation allowed there :p

No official word = we don't know anything.

However for some reason there's no HL2 pre-load yet when there should be. You can't even get CSS yet - what's going on? :confused:

heh well despite the mod shutting it down it looks like the users found my email interesting :p

so far every store now says Nov except EB. EB actually had Nov yesterday but switched it back to sept which is odd.

Blad3 said:
You can't even get CSS yet - what's going on? :confused:

I have CSS preloaded. You have to make sure you are registered(either have Condition Zero Registered or your ATI Coupon for HL2) for steam to upload it.

So honestly, have no clue other than the above what you are talking about. :confused:

i actually hope this game bombs, i mean i plan to buy it the day it comes out, but i really want it to just suck. after all the hype, all the delays, all the leaks, i just don't think the company should be allowed to get away scot free, even tho i really want it to be fun cuz i plan on dropping 50 bucks for it.

Blad3 said:
Thats odd since they have a "Rumors & Speculation" subforum.

While I don't go so far as Dome does I feel that everyone is going to give Valve a free pass once it (final) gets released (if ever). Something about that doesn't sit right with me.

Well I guess since it's moved to a release in November I can just get someone to get it for me as a birthday gift, lol. I guess I'll have to "mention" it to the GF, lol.

HAHAHAHA i knew this shit would happen. I'd rather laugh at Valve than give a shit.

my guess is that since the script leak, the rest of the retailers just put release date to nov just to be safe, even though valve said the script wouldn't affect anything as its not very comprehensible.. but it aint good that hl2 didn' preload yesterday either.

It might also have something to do with ATI not having enough X800XT's around for sale. Remember they partnered with Valve on this one. Everyone is waiting for HL2 and most people want to run it on ATI hardware since it use to run faster on it. Its all about business and money not customer satisfaction. Valve might want to release it, but Vivendi wont let them. Who knows. Im so use to this waiting that it doesnt even bother me now.

I would hardly dount that Vivendi is would be the one holding it back, they know that HL2 will make will see like hot cakes no matter what. If true it would be Valve holding it back.

It's pretty clear that HL2 won't make the Sep. 1 date. Most retailers are probably just bumping their dates by a couple months to give themselves some slack, and then they'll tighten them up once Valve gives a date.

More than a few rumors have been flying around concerning the upcoming release of Half-Life 2 and today, with the game clearly just over the horizon, it seems one of those rumors has been given more substance. Specifically, a conference call earlier today discussing retailer GameStops second quarter results, the company echoed earlier rumors on its release, reiterating a September date. To be exact, the following blurb was said:

“Half-Life 2, another PC title. Its been a long time coming since we’ve had two great PC titles in one quarter, and that is expected to debut in September.”

no idea on the source, it's from another forum.

[edit]

source http://www.gamegossip.com/comment.php?id=9302

while we're spreading rumors...maybe they're holding it back waiting for the XTPE to ship in volume...;)

^eMpTy^ said:
while we're spreading rumors...maybe they're holding it back waiting for the XTPE to ship in volume...;)

that rumour was already brought up, wasn't it?

Hrrrrrrrggggh! Oooommmmmphhh! Grrrrrrrrrghhhhhh! Unnnnnggghhhh! Waahhhhhhggh! Grrrrrmmmmmmphhh!

*Trying to give a shit*

alright here is my theory....

there will be a doom 4 before hl2 even ships

this is getting retarded, they need to get their asses in gear and finish the damn game

There's no reason to hold it back till november. The game is finished, alls that needs to be done is to throw it on the shelves. Isnt Vivendi going bankrupt?

Am I the only one not very impressed with Valve and HL2?

I am just not impressed with 3D Realms...when is my Duke Nukem Forever coming out? :( Haha...oh right..."when it is done". My mistake :rolleyes:

Oorggle Ooorgle Bleat!

Please let this be only speculation. Otherwise I am going to see if I can preorder Fallout 3. At this rate, it will come out before HL2.

Sold my 9800xt and I was holding off on buying a video card till I could see some hl2 benches, looks like I might be waiting a while.

Gotta love the tnt2

But the new date is very close to my birthday, so maybe the wife can get me some really decent presents.

Squishead said:
I am just not impressed with 3D Realms...when is my Duke Nukem Forever coming out? :( Haha...oh right..."when it is done". My mistake :rolleyes:
It's been done for years...they are just waiting to quietly release it the day before HL2. :p

Jiffylush said:
Sold my 9800xt and I was holding off on buying a video card till I could see some hl2 benches, looks like I might be waiting a while.

Gotta love the tnt2

But the new date is very close to my birthday, so maybe the wife can get me some really decent presents.

Screw your birthday!!! My b-day is Sept 2nd ;) and it was gonna be a good b-day until this rumor hit. Looks like it will be full of booze and chicks and no HL2 to make the hangover go away in the mornin. :mad:

if it wasn't for counter strike ...boy I'd &*#$^%*&#$%!!!! :mad:

valve sux, plain n simple. buuuuut, taught me a lesson not to be lured b promises ever again. my expensive upgrade in january to the 9800xt, P4 3.0, ram etc etc was a complete waste of money and time. then to have my dreams squashed by no PCI-E support and my this new cpu? WHOLLY! :eek:

take your damn time valve, get it right or don't even bother. scrap the whole project and give me a friking refund :D

tranCendenZ said:
Got this in my email this morning

Dear,
Thank you for your recent purchase from Walmart.com. We

What exactly is difference between the Collector's Edition and the Standard game??

I could see it being because ATi doesn't have enough cards out yet so they are pressuring them to delay the game until they can.

This just freakin sucks, I was hoping to play before I had to go back to school but I guess that isn't going to happen...hello bad grades and a job at McDonalds

spin02 said:
What exactly is difference between the Collector's Edition and the Standard game??
From what I know, no one know much about it. Rumor is it has HL:Source and CS:Source.

SuX0rz said:
I could see it being because ATi doesn't have enough cards out yet so they are pressuring them to delay the game until they can.
If the game is being delayed because ATI can't seem to be able to get any XTPEs out then I'm simple never buying anything ATI again. :mad:

Back