How do you pronounce "id"?

• "id" you idiot!

Votes: 91 63.2%
  • "eye-dee"

Votes: 53 36.8%

• Total voters

DiZASTiX

Gawd
Ok, so I was watching the quakecon vid with kyle answering questions and all about video cards and stuff and he kept saying id (as in the people who made doom)

I always thought it was pronounced "eye-dee", lol, but I'm guessing the "id" is the correct way to say it...

thoughts? :)

i saw a special on techtv about the company and the people who worked on doom3 said "id" not "eyedee"

if i recall .. there was a thread about this afew weeks back :p

It is id. By the way, I took a psych class not too long ago, and id is defined as: The division of the psyche that is totally unconscious and serves as the source of instinctual impulses and demands for immediate satisfaction of primitive needs.

i used to say eyedee but i heard too many people say id so i say that now, id is a gay way to say it, what does it stand for anyway? i always though nothing

mr.fishie said:
i used to say eyedee but i heard too many people say id so i say that now, id is a gay way to say it, what does it stand for anyway? i always though nothing

you just made quote of the day for intellectualism avoidance tactics.com.

the id is a part of the human mind.. read some freud......

the id is the deepest oldest part, some think reptilian part of the brain that deals with fear and aggression.
something like that..

you can say eye-dee, but youll be wrong.

its id.

Freud believed that the personality or 'psychic apparatus' consists of three parts (which must not be thought of as parts of the brain or in any physical way), the id, the ego and the superego.

The id.

Although part of the personality, the id responds directly to the instincts, those demands arising from within the body itself, for instance the biologically-based needs for food, warmth, sexual gratification and so on.

It is the dark, inaccessible part of our personality...We approach the id with analogies: we call it chaos, a cauldron full of seething excitations...It is filled with energy reaching it from the instincts, but it has no organisation...but only a striving to bring about the satisfaction of instinctual needs subject to the observance of the pleasure principle. The logical laws of thought do not apply to the id...there is no recognition of the passage of time...(Freud, 1933).

pez

So you guys are managing to soak up something in college in between deathmatches eh? :p

i saw that techtv special on doom3, so now i call it iD, but i always used to call it eyedee. People look at me funny when they first hear me say it like that though =/

yeah its always been ID, not eye-dee, but its always been that brain thing the earlier posts mentioned.

id, like you have your proof of id? You don't look like the guy on your id :eek:

I'd sad Id as in idiot. The ID is the part of your mind which cares nothing of caution and is all about gaining pleasure at any price, so...

UltimaParadox said:
I always said eye-dee, but now I know I am wrong...

Learn something everyday

I always say ID too, even though ive known its wrong the whole time.
I also say Line-ux, even though its supposed to be Lih-nux

Im old and stubborn and im not changing even when i know im wrong

:p

I dont like the sound of id so I say I.D. anyway did you guys know gib is suppose to pronounced jib. There alot of internet words ive pronounced incorrectly for so long im too stubborn to change.

cache - kay shh
ascii - a zay ic

im from texas darnit...

Back