VR-Zone HL2 Stress Test Benchmarks

Wow, nice to the the FX5950 taking a lead over the 9800pro with AA/AF. I wonder how the XGI V8 would do in HL2... Thanks for the link.

These benchmark seem a lot more reasonable than the others we have been seeing lately, thanks for the link

The "30% faster" rumor really isn't so far from the truth according to these benchmarks. Even with the beta drivers, the X800 XT stays 25% - 35% ahead of the 6800 Ultra. Without the beta drivers, the gap widens to about 30% - 40% when AA/AF are enabled.

I really hope I didn't make a mistake selling my x800 Pro. I have been very happy with my GT up to now and the CSS beta runs really well. I just hate to see the game I want to play more than any other game the next year be faster on another card.

Anyone think an XT-PE will be available by early October? ;)

FluxCap said:
I really hope I didn't make a mistake selling my x800 Pro. I have been very happy with my GT up to now and the CSS beta runs really well. I just hate to see the game I want to play more than any other game the next year be faster on another card.

Anyone think an XT-PE will be available by early October? ;)

Well that's what you get for selling your card because of "OMG LOLZORS DOOM 3 BENCHIES!#@$@" :D

Seriously though, either card is going to perform VERY well in ANY of the games. So what if there's a 10FPS difference between the cards, they are still pulling 50+ FPS at very high resolutions + AA/AF settings.

Stanley Pain said:
Well that's what you get for selling your card because of "OMG LOLZORS DOOM 3 BENCHIES!#@$@" :D

Seriously though, either card is going to perform VERY well in ANY of the games. So what if there's a 10FPS difference between the cards, they are still pulling 50+ FPS at very high resolutions + AA/AF settings.
Last night when playing CSS beta my frames per second dropped from 70 to 35 when I ran through a smoke grenade, not good!

Do the ATI cards have this issue?

With my 6800GT (running on my 2700+ system still) and OCed to 420/1100 i get the following on the stress test :

1280x960, 4aAA, 8xAF, max everything, drivers from the nvidia site (not beta) : 95.0FPS (what i play at)
1024x768, same as above : 106.8FPS
1600x1200, same as above : 76.2FPS

Anything above 70fps is academic to me, i really dont see where the problem is in having a 6800 or an X800, both are going to play games well.

trinketsummoner said:
With my 6800GT (running on my 2700+ system still) and OCed to 420/1100 i get the following on the stress test :

1280x960, 4aAA, 8xAF, max everything, drivers from the nvidia site (not beta) : 95.0FPS (what i play at)
1024x768, same as above : 106.8FPS
1600x1200, same as above : 76.2FPS

Anything above 70fps is academic to me, i really dont see where the problem is in having a 6800 or an X800, both are going to play games well.
Nice numbers! I guess I am going to just forget 1600x1200 with my GT in HL2 until some driver tweaks come out in the next 6 months. While I get 53fps in the VST, in CS:S you will get killed when a firefight starts and/or there is a smoke grenade because it drops to the 20s.

Oh yes, make sure Vsync is off when you run the test, it makes a HUGE difference to your FPS numbers.

trinketsummoner said:
Oh yes, make sure Vsync is off when you run the test, it makes a HUGE difference to your FPS numbers.
Yeah, I always leave it off. I would be afraid to see what happens if I turned it on. :D

Back