Votes: 329 25.8%
  • # 5

Votes: 663 51.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Our buddies in the HardForum Digital Artwork section were in need of a new official button for our forums and our main site so we did a little contest. I picked the 5 that really stood out to me and that kept with the theme and scheme of our sites. I thought I would leave it up to you guys to pick the winner.

Thanks to all that participated, there was some great work turned in.

4%5b1%5d_tengis.gif

577%5b1%5d_badboy.gif

hard%5b1%5d_b1m2x3.gif

hardbutton07%5b1%5d_animeguru.gif

hardbutton12%5b1%5d_animeguru.gif

I dont like the "work play stay" lingo, and 4 is too green. last one has a nice looking hardocp logo, but could use some words that explain hardocp a little instead of binary, only problem is buttons are so constrained.

How about 4, with 5's hardocp logo, and a black pcb with dark red leads, and have the circuit board fade out at the end.

(I would do it myself but thats too much stealing)

Close choice between #4 and #5 for me, but I think I prefer #5 a tad more. :)

All or great, but I'm voting for #5, gets the point across quick that it is for [H]OCP while looking good :)

Hate to throw a wrench in the works...

I voted for #4, but I think it would be even better if it stuck to the [H] color scheme.

Just my $0.02. :p

#5 for me, too. Classic; dignified; to-the-point...Just like the Frgmstr!!! :D

1010110010101101010110 ... with no check sum to delineate the packet stream how are supposed to understand the hidden meaning?

I voted for #5. I guess if I stare at it long enough, I'll get the message.

Kyle = God

Where the hell'd that come from? Is someone messing with my brain??

i like #1 and #5, but my vote goes to #1, i like the WORK [H] STAY[H] PLAY[H] thing.

#4 ekes out my vote for number 1 slot. Liked the design and how it comes up initially.

For 2nd choice would choose #5.

Nice work by all submitted.

Sorry but you left out "none of the above"
Just cause you like em .....Jeez you think you own the place ;)
Ok if I must #5
and thanks for including us wee folk!

if #4 was our color scheme it would be the cats arse. My apologies to the designer, it is sweet but needs more Black. my vote goes to #5 unless a revision is in the works for number 4 :p
u_buckshot.gif

I like #4 and #5. The "Work, Stay, Play" logo doesn't do it for me. While I like #5, I don't find it as readable as #4, so #4 it is.

#4 would have my vote if you used a red pcb with black lettering or a black pcb with red lettering. It's eye catching but isn't a good representation of the [H] unless your changing the whole color palette :eek:

would have gone for #4 as well just too much green and not enought red. Maybe needed more blood or something... don't know.
Everytime I hear the Work play and stay [H]ard slogan I always think pr0n not [H]|OCP but thats my 0.0000001 pesos

bleh, animated gifs are distracting (and thus in my opinion, obnoxious) so I vote for none of the above

the binaries move to slow on #5 or else i would have voted it first place. the [H] is about speed.

#1 is too slow, but i like it's logo the best
#2 is too small
#3 is too blurry
#4 is cool
#5 is alright as well

I was gonna go with #4 until I realized that it reminded me of christmas... I then went with #5... although they are all good

Buckshot said:
if #4 was our color scheme it would be the cats arse. My apologies to the designer, it is sweet but needs more Black. my vote goes to #5 unless a revision is in the works for number 4

What he said...

I think 5 looks the best... but....................... there must be others ......

If button 5 wins, what will his custom title be, i wonder.

i think button 5 would look a little better with the [H]ard|OCP in the middle...... and without the marque 0's and 1's.... it kinda gets annoying, but like i said, i think its the best of the 5.... but there must be others.

Im sure if someone had Cool3D, they could bust out a nice one in a few minutes.

Another thought, it would be cool if someone could draw the [H]ard mallet swinging down, with pices flying up to the sides. Classic! Then have it fade to the [H]ard|OCP text
~Hope this helps

Back