512 pc 4000 84.99 from outpost

Cool find, It seems to be in stock, I'm going to buy a stick, thanks for the heads up!

digiram said:
http://shop1.outpost.com/product/4064342

found this though. Is that for real or a typo???? :confused:

Might be real, and that's why it's sold out. 2x512 pc3200 for 89.99----> that's beyond hot

diablo111 said:
Cool find, It seems to be in stock, I'm going to buy a stick, thanks for the heads up!
Dam, this is hotter than the deal i got, 1 512 stick @ $46 with a darn rebate. I hopped on the deal for this ram a few days ago. It was 1 x 512 pc3200 Patriot for $46 shipped after a $30 rebate. Its sitting right here in front of me actually...i paid for ground shipping but it looks like they shipped it 2 day air (nice).

It says Cas3 but i'm willing to bet it'll run cas 2.5-3-3-7 @ 200fsb. I'll post back here with oc results mebbe tommorow night. The ram chips say "Liberty LT46V32M8TC - 5 AD - 0434 PC" dual-sided...do those etchings make sense to anyone?

Edit: ahh what the heck, i'll pop the ram in now. This way those with Nforce2 chipsets might be able to rest easier. I'll try it alone, then i'll mix it in with my Twinmos/Winbond ram. Keep your eye open for updates tonite ;) I'm not going to go nuts overclocking it...for now anyway.

I'm going to keep my eyes peeled for outpost deals from now on... and yes i'll share :D

Update:

1 x 512 Partriot pc3200, 210 fsb, cas 3-4-4-11 working fine so far but not stress tested.

1 x 512 Patriot pc3200 + 1 x 512 Twinmos BH5 = not compatible together, beeping noises (rearranged slots and everything)

This ram can only run cas3-4-4 @ 210 fsb, 2.6 voltage on an NF7-S. If i lower the timings it blue screens as soon as it hits the desktop. I don't know its max oc but im not willing to find out tonite ;)

Preliminary verdict. Def oc'able but i'm not willing to push it to my normal 225fsb tonite. Too bad it needs loose timings but thats not uncommon. It doesn't appear to play nicely with winbond BH5 ram..... Buy this stuff only if you're not mixing your ram, and don't mind loose timings.

The DarkBlade said:
Smokin'! Anybody care to share results of this memory @ 2.7vdimm?
i set it and left it at 2.6v, i havent tested voltages at all yet. For all i know 2.5vdimm might be fine @ 210fsb also. Dont forget that for most memory voltage makes little oc difference, its the winbond stuff that thrives on voltage...and some samsung too i think.

Update, passes sandra burn in tests, played a little D3, BF1942 and Mohaa just fine so far :)

Damn good deal for pc4000. I feel bad for paying $360 for my 1gb now :( Mine run at the same timings.

I started to pull the trigger on this deal for my kids 'puter but with tax and shipping it was $10+ more.

"Please note that we charge sales tax for AZ, CA, CT, GA, OH, TX, NV,WA and IL."
WTF - since when does Fry's have a store in Georgia??

Edit: Must be a brand new store in the [H]ot 'lanta area. I didn't see THIS post before I posted.

still a hot deal and does anyone have any experiance with patriot

umbra said:
still a hot deal and does anyone have any experiance with patriot
It seems pretty decent in my own experience and from what i've read in several forums. Nobody had complained really and the only limitation seems to be mem timings especially in their basic pc3200; cas3-4-4-7 or cas 2.5-3-3-7 at its very best. I'm sure results vary by batch too.

The Premium stuff came today (512MB PC-3200 $54.99)...it looks like that Kingmax Tiny BGA ram that was around a few years back. Seems to work ok...I'm running memtest86 on it right now...we'll see what happens :)

here's a pic, I know it's a bit fuzzy, but my camera sucks :(

prem.jpg

diablo111 said:
The Premium stuff came today (512MB PC-3200 $54.99)...it looks like that Kingman Tiny BGA ram that was around a few years back. Seems to work ok...I'm running memtest86 on it right now...we'll see what happens :)

here's a pic, I know it's a bit fuzzy, but my camera sucks :(

prem.jpg
How did it turn out and any way of closely inspecting the pcb? i wouldn't doubt if kingmax actually oem'd it. Patriot has done it before in the past, they've had corsair xms under the hood just last year. whatever it is it looks to be a killer deal, i think ram may have hit its low point in price. Nows a great time to stock up on ram.

SJetski71 said:
How did it turn out and any way of closely inspecting the pcb? i wouldn't doubt if kingmax actually oem'd it. Patriot has done it before in the past, they've had corsair xms under the hood just last year. whatever it is it looks to be a killer deal, i think ram may have hit its low point in price. Nows a great time to stock up on ram.

I'll check it out tomorrow...my camera won't do any better than that on detail, so I'll just report it back :(

It's been running memtest86 for over 10 hours, with 20 passes and NO errors...I will leave it running all night and post back in the morning the final results and what I gleaned from a close inspection of the ram.

Back