Thermal pictures. [H]ard?

Keetha

Limp Gawd
I took these pictures about a year ago with an $80,000 dollar thermal camera my dad "borrowed" from work for a day.

Power Circuits.bmp

My faveorite, the power circuits next to the CPU.

Voodoo 3.bmp

Some metal things that stick out of the Voodoo 3 Card.

Power Cord.bmp

Power Cord from the wall to the PSU :).

Back-PSU.bmp

PSU exhaust!

Back.bmp

Back

CPU.bmp

Pretty cool CPU.

Whole.bmp

Whole 2.bmp

Whole 3.bmp

Random Images

Me.bmp

Me in a pitch black bathroom mirror. I forgot to edit this one.

The program that edits theses pictures is reeeeelly cool! If anyone wants variations of these, I can post them. Different scales (like 5c to 50c, or 0c to 300c). Different colors, all kinds of crazy stuff!

Yep, thermal cameras just capture the infrared spectrum instead of visible light. Something like the intensity of reflected infrared light if proportional to the temperature ^ 4. So, bounce some infrared light off of a object (non-visible flash, duh) and then decode the intensity using a light to point map table...wallah....thermal image. (Actually pretty much the same technology of infrared "laser" pointer instant digital thermometers. Cool stuff. I have played with some realtime thermal imagers....I wish I could bring one home and check out my system. Imagine what you would learn!

i wish i had $80,000 for one of those....but then again i could just buy a few cars and a few high end computers with $80,000....

[H]ard Indeed
permission to potentially employ one or more in a FAQ?
Id credit it (and have it hosted)

Keetha said:
The program that edits theses pictures is reeeeelly cool! If anyone wants variations of these, I can post them. Different scales (like 5c to 50c, or 0c to 300c). Different colors, all kinds of crazy stuff!

What was the tempurature scale used for the pictures you posted?
A "Tempurature = Color" chart would be spiffy.

Back