Outpost.com/Fry's Seagate 200GB IDE for $60 after rebate

GodsMadClown

2[H]4U
outpost.com

Search for "ST3200822A RK".

119.99 - 60$ rebate = $60 final
shipping starts around $7.

Rebate applies to purchase made on 9/3/2004 through 9/7/04.

Just bought one about an hour ago - trying to convince everyone else here at work that they need one as well... It's come a long way from paying $300 for a 2 gig... $150/gig -> $0.34/gig :cool:

yeah... and I dont know how they are now but 7-8 years ago I had a horriable experiance with that company. They wouldn't honor their warrranty for several HDDs that I had. Maxtor and Westerndigital are they are the only HDD manufacturers that I will only buy from for the mear fact that I havn't had a single problem with their customer service in my 7-8 years of dealing with either of those companys.... although $60 for a 200gb drive is pretty awesome.

I also like the fact that these are only 2 100 gb platter drives. Fewer platters means less noise and also means less heat, which means higher reliablity. In general, of course.

damn good deal, i wish it was SATA. I know there's like no performance difference, but the connectors are so much nicer :(

ignitionxvi said:
damn good deal, i wish it was SATA. I know there's like no performance difference, but the connectors are so much nicer :(
Fry's has a deal on a 250GB SATA Maxtor for like $120 with no rebates.

Sooo very tempting

xram said:
Just bought one about an hour ago - trying to convince everyone else here at work that they need one as well... It's come a long way from paying $300 for a 2 gig... $150/gig -> $0.34/gig :cool:

hehe I remember paying that much for a 120 MEG drive years ago :(

I wish I had the $120 to fork out right now. I could really use a drive like that now.

thewhiteguy said:
Fry's has a deal on a 250GB SATA Maxtor for like $120 with no rebates.

$139.99 in SF Bay Area (Concord). But you're correct, no rebate! :D

fuck, back in them days it costed $1500 for a 1 gig HD. We should feel so lucky.

DAMN!

I ordered the 160GB seagate HD like last week from outpost for the "hot deal" for 60$ for one.

I wish i woulda held off until this.....Now I can't decide if I should order one, sell the 160GB or waht :(

Does anyone know if this HD works with a Promise Ultra100TX2 PCI controler? (with the latest BIOS, and running Win2K Pro)

just ordered one,
cant wait for it to get here.
only 9 dollars for 2nd day air.

any body else hear anything about seagate?

What do you mean hear anything about seagate?

You mean as a company? Seagate is one of the best HD companies on the market....

^^^ I like the Sig.

I ordered my drive on the morning of 9/3 with the least expensive shipping, and it shipped today, with a DHL delivery date of 9/8. In case you care.

i got one of those hd's at bb a while back, u can't even hear the bitch run. it's a helluva deal

Nice, I think I'll snag one, I want to move to Seagates for noise and warranty.

just bought one today. cost me $128.69 out the door. now im waitin for the rebate :)

curses stinking hotdeals forum!!!!
arrrghghhghg

I just bought the maxtor 250 for $120 only 5 days ago.. just now arrived.
now i have to buy this 200 for $60?
sheesh!

hehe bought 2, 1 for me and 1 for a friend, diff names and addresses, maybe sell 1 on ebay or something

I just ordered one this morning. With overnight shipping, it comes to $132.79 - 60.00 = 72.79 :cool:

Does this work at retail locations of frys? I am taking a trip there today anyways so it would be nice to pick this up.

yeah i myself 2, and did 2nd day airbourn, to different address's..

I just checked at 11 pm EST... The item is no longer searchable so apparently they have sold out. I will check again tomorrow.

-Kib

It's been dead for at least two days. My order from the 5th just got cancelled. Oh well, guess i'll spend the money on other parts ;)

Dear BRYAN :

Thank you for your order xxxxxxxxxxx.

Please note that the item(s) listed below have been removed from your
order per your request to Customer Service, or because the item is no
longer available.

This sucks! Just called them, and the guy told me they had several thousand more orders batched from the weekend than they had units in stock.

So no new drive for me :(

Any other good drive deals lurking out there?

Back