Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Firefox

Votes: 63 55.3%
  • Opera

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • Other

Votes: 12 10.5%

• Total voters
Been using Firefox for about a month, loving it... So many convenient features you'd think they'd be braindead aditions to IE after all this time, but noo. Got the Tabbrowser (the day I installed it, love saving sessions) and Image Zoom extensions, useful stuff.

Love tabs, love the way I can type stuff and jump to it within a site, love the clean interface and speed, love the fact that it's text size increase option actually works in comparison to IE's (which works on about 40% of sites at best).

Firefox since Phoenix... 0.2 I think. Opera 7, 6, 5 prior to that. Long time since I used IE.

I have been using Firefox on my PC since the Firebird.

For my Powerbook I use Safari and Omniweb.

IE here, too lazy to use other ones... i just keep updated and firewalled, and AV'ed and i'm fine

Having used Mozilla since m16 (after having used NS 4.7x until that time :eek: ), I'm now using Firefox (and Thunderbird).

<--- has never used IE when given the choice :cool:

I hit 'other' as I use many different ones. IE and Firefox mostly, a little Konquerer or Mozilla on occassion.

Mozilla :D been using for at least 2 years its great...

Ive tried Firefox, didnt like it.. too much flash & smoke for me.. :(

Opera is nice similar to Mozilla, but not as easy clean looking :p

IE :mad: wentout with the stoneage

I have been using MyIE2 for over 2 years now - won't use anything else at this point.

I too use "other" but I voted Firefox as the Primary
secondary would be IE, mostly so I can download from Microsoft hassle free
on occassion I use Crazy, and will soon be using the Integrated Browser in KDE 3.2
(Suse 9 Pro)

Running Firefox now and loving it. I see no reson to go back to IE, well, except for Windows Update.

Corvette said:
Hey, does IE try to re-enstate itself?
It's pretty much always around, but unless you've got spyware, it's not going to start running itself.

IE was one I used between Netscape 4.5 and Phoenix. I used to use it for Windows Updates, too. Now, it isn't even an option for anything. I've become so biased in favor of Firefox that I see those who use IE in the same way that I see those who use AOL...and that ain't so good. ;)

I now use Firefox. Don't use IE anymore, not because I had problems with it, but I just like the feel of firefox better, that and it's native support for pop-up blocking, custom themes, tabbed browsers and stuff make it fun. Still has compatibility issues with a few sites, but I still prefer it, serves me well.

I use Crazybrowser. Never any compatibility problems.

I tried Firefox, just didn't like it as well as Crazy. Firefox has problems with www.livejournal.com, a site I frequent.

I've never had a problem with IE...I'd use it if it had tabs like Crazy.

Firefox. I hate IE's broken behavior with CSS and PNGs, so I'm supporting Gecko engine all the way!

We need to start small before we see more pages move towards the beauty of CSS, and I really want MS to release an updated IE that fixes these behaviors (although yes, it would have an amazing impact initially because Mr. John Doe computer user doesn't update their computers and software).

Had to vote "other".
IE is default only because Firefox is a little...funky sometimes and isn't supported everywhere - yet.
If Firefox worked everywhere without that damn "document contains no data" crud, it would get the "default position" quicker than the girl next door :eek:

So far I've managed to crash Firefox like tree or four times during the past couple months... IE would crash on me almost daily when viewing a high volume of pages at once, heh, gotta love 'em tabs. IE is spaghetti code, just like Windows...

I'm amazed the Mosaic engine has made it this far, wonder how much out of it did the boys at Urbana-Champaign get. :rolleyes: I'd imagine not much seeing as the only reason IE managed to get a strong foothold was that it was free from the start and bundled in.

Firefox, used to use Opera but the incompatabilities got to me (no gmail!), Opera had a better tabbing system but, I can live with it.

obyj34 said:
Firefox, used to use Opera but the incompatabilities got to me (no gmail!), Opera had a better tabbing system but, I can live with it.
I use Tab Browser Extension and I get, pretty much, the same function as Opera.

Tabbrowser's functionality is mind-boggling... I got it just so I could save Tab Sessions when I'm in the middle of something and I've just gotta leave or I wanna take a break and game... Didn't realize it could do/customize so many other things, easily the best extension for Firefox.

The only other extension I've got loaded at the moment is Image Zoom, incredibly handy (and very very simple/streamlined, RMB + scroll wheel and zoom any image smoothly, right click and = to reset).

Back