more Sony SDM P234 pics

Woodchuck

n00b
ok finally got my Quadro 3400 video card replaced with a new one... hooked it up via dvi and damn the picture is way crisper and sharper than my other computer's picture using analog connection.

i wish i could make a video to show you because i'm running the nvidia fairy demo in full 1920x1200 screen 32-bit color depth and it's unreal... these pics are taken from my old old canon powershot s10 (first generation digicam) and they really don't show how crisp and clear the display really is... anyhow here they are:

IMG_0411.jpg

IMG_0414.jpg

IMG_0413.jpg

IMG_0412.jpg

IMG_0415.jpg

LiquidX said:
Would have been great to also see the monitor. :p

my camera sux in low light conditions... that's why in the pics you can't see the monitor outline... my room is not that dark, but the camera does a poor job of picking up the light...

if you want to see the monitor
i posted some of my monitor pics in this thread

i wanted to also take some close-up shots of the picture to show the quality better which is why some pics don't have any monitor edges at all

Awesome looking monitor and picture quality is indeed also awesome. :eek: Have you tried games on it?

Yesss run games like... Dooom 3, Far Cry and Unreal Tournament 2004 and post some pictures.. and i will consider buying it....If it looks awsome.. i will give you many thanks and kisses ;) ... and then head to sony store.. and grab one for myself... :D

Trancify said:
Yesss run games like... Dooom 3, Far Cry and Unreal Tournament 2004 and post some pictures.. and i will consider buying it....If it looks awsome.. i will give you many thanks and kisses ;) ... and then head to sony store.. and grab one for myself... :D

omg... Doom 3 on a good OpenGL card is unfriggin believable... see for yourself

(running at max rez 1600x1200, high quality, 4xAA)

i don't have FarCry or UT2K4 unfortunately...

IMG_0447.jpg

IMG_0448.jpg

IMG_0450.jpg

IMG_0454.jpg

IMG_0455.jpg

IMG_0456.jpg

IMG_0457.jpg

IMG_0459.jpg

IMG_0460.jpg

IMG_0461.jpg

IMG_0462.jpg

IMG_0463.jpg

IMG_0465.jpg

IMG_0466.jpg

oh my god.. i am about to cummm... lol ;) :D :D .. Loooks Awsome... wow.. now i have to go to sony store tomorrow..

oh by the way.. any ghosting???

Is the colors supposed to be that pale or is that just your camera? Also, the Doom3 looks kinda skewed.

hello guys can i ask you a question. i have a 2.8c p4, if i buy a geforce 6800 GT will i get doom3 graphics like those?

Trancify said:
oh my god.. i am about to cummm... lol ;) :D :D .. Loooks Awsome... wow.. now i have to go to sony store tomorrow..

oh by the way.. any ghosting???

none whatsoever.. and i'm playing the game at 1600x1200, high quality, 4xAA and it runs smooth as silk... but don't forget my system is top of the line everything basically so keep that in mind.. (2 xeon cpus, 3gb memory, and quadro fx 3400)

EGGO said:
Is the colors supposed to be that pale or is that just your camera? Also, the Doom3 looks kinda skewed.

the faded colors in some pics and if it looks skewed it is due to my shitty camera... seriously... proof is that some pics colors look normal and some came out very washed and faded looking for some reason.. but the lighting in my room never changed and i'm not using a tripod... meaning if i don't hold as still as i can for 4-5 seconds while taking picture it comes out blurred ... also sometimes i hurried the pictures without doing the auto lighting sensor first (hard to play and take pics at same time)

bornin1975 said:
hello guys can i ask you a question. i have a 2.8c p4, if i buy a geforce 6800 GT will i get doom3 graphics like those?

Doom 3 is one of those games that look good in DirectX, but looks even better in OpenGL.

the game will look great on a 6800 GT card, i've seen it... but the realism will not be at the same level as from an OpenGL card like mine due to more powerful texturing and anti-aliasing capabilities...

this is the card i have:

IMG_0409.jpg

IMG_0408.jpg

Woodchuck said:
the faded colors in some pics and if it looks skewed it is due to my shitty camera... seriously... proof is that some pics colors look normal and some came out very washed and faded looking for some reason.. but the lighting in my room never changed and i'm not using a tripod... meaning if i don't hold as still as i can for 4-5 seconds while taking picture it comes out blurred ... also sometimes i hurried the pictures without doing the auto lighting sensor first (hard to play and take pics at same time)

and i think image quality is because you are using an lcd... lcd technology still have a fill steps to go until it becomes as good as crts i think. i am very interested on the new tech. of oleds displays and huge display like this 23". very cool still!

bornin1975 said:
and i think image quality is because you are using an lcd... lcd technology still have a fill steps to go until it becomes as good as crts i think. i am very interested on the new tech. of oleds displays and huge display like this 23". very cool still!

you are right. if you want the best possible display quality, CRTs are still better than LCDs. i decided i didn't want another 75 pound monitor taking up 1/2 of my desk so i decided to go with a good LCD... the display size is bigger than my 21" CRT so i don't miss it at all

CRT's do have the best pq, however, the faded colors are as a result of his camera - look at the first post, last picture. See the pixie girls hair? That shows that the monitor can hit lower black levels than we're seeing in the Doom 3 pics, likely because his camera sucks and is washing out the pictures when he takes them with the camera looking directly at the screen and in low light situations. Unfortunately the camera is conveying more information that the monitor, so it's hard to tell what it looks like in person.

This happens when you take pictures of most displays, no matter what kind (crt, lcd, pdp, dlp, fp) in low light situations with a not so good camera.

JackieO said:
CRT's do have the best pq, however, the faded colors are as a result of his camera - look at the first post, last picture. See the pixie girls hair? That shows that the monitor can hit lower black levels than we're seeing in the Doom 3 pics, likely because his camera sucks and is washing out the pictures when he takes them with the camera looking directly at the screen and in low light situations. Unfortunately the camera is conveying more information that the monitor, so it's hard to tell what it looks like in person.

This happens when you take pictures of most displays, no matter what kind (crt, lcd, pdp, dlp, fp) in low light situations with a not so good camera.

yup, exactly. i wish i had a better camera, or even a good digital video recorder and a tripod so i can make a video of the display quality and show you guys.

but suffice it to say, that my jaw dropped when i first laid eyes on Doom 3 running... i had played it on my old computer with a GeForce3 card... but playing it on my Quadro card with eye candy settings turned on is the _best_ graphics i've seen in any game so far

Woodchuck said:
Doom 3 is one of those games that look good in DirectX, but looks even better in OpenGL.

the game will look great on a 6800 GT card, i've seen it... but the realism will not be at the same level as from an OpenGL card like mine due to more powerful texturing and anti-aliasing capabilities...

this is the card i have:

I dont know what your talking about, on all high end cards ati or nvidia, quadro or geforce doom 3 runs in opengl mode, just because you have a opengl workstation card doesnt mean its any faster, and 6800GTs are designed for games they have more fillrate and memory bandwidth than a Quadro FX 3400.

1 day to get my p234 from usa to portugal, hope it came with no dead pixels. :)
Anyone from europe wanna buy it for 2000€ :) eheheh

i actually was wondering that same question. would the workstation cards that are built for cad and other rendering be better the same or worse then the consumer cards everyone buys? i know they are more expensive but if there is a performance increase, then maybe it is worth it. please post some thoughts.

-rob

robmarti@tampa said:
i actually was wondering that same question. would the workstation cards that are built for cad and other rendering be better the same or worse then the consumer cards everyone buys? i know they are more expensive but if there is a performance increase, then maybe it is worth it. please post some thoughts.

-rob

Workstations cards better in workstation applications. :eek:
Gaming Cards better in games. :eek:

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2307

The reason Doom 3 looked skewed is because he said he's running it at 1600x1200, which is not a widescreen resolution. I ran Doom 3 at 1680x1050 on my 20" widescreen and it looked great. Native resolution on that monitor should be 1920x1200. Check here, follow their instructions, and post some pics of the game at 1920x1200!

Widescreen Gaming Forum (Doom 3)

Woodchuck said:

Umm, it was my understanding the Doom 3 is OpenGL only? :confused: And a 6800GT will run the game better than your Quadro. Quadro is not made for graphic acceleration in the sense of consumer versus professional standards.

everything looks very nice, but doom 3.

i have to say doom 3 is both nvidia and crt's bitch. but that's why i play half life 2. :)

Take down your contrast brightness and blue color by a bunch. That's not just the camera.

Lcd has more vibrance than crt. Crt also makes it feel like your looking into an image lcd makes it look like you're looking at the image. Not to turn this into a crt vs lcd discussion but it's subjective.

Back