Everything installed (56k beware)

Recognize

n00b
I'm finally about done with my wc setup. Easily dropped over $400 into it. I went all DD parts including TDX Block, 6800 Block, 12v Pump, fillport, and BIXII. Tubing is mostly Tygon. I understand I could have gone with components that were cheaper and perform as well/better, but for my first project I am totally happy with the parts I chose. The only part I'm not that proud of is the use of zip ties to mount the 120mm fans to the grill and rad, but it was just so much easier than trying to get up in there with nuts and bolts. Couple mistakes I made were two misplaced drill holes in top of case (have black tape covering it up for now) and I didn't use anti-corrosive agent when I tested for leaks. Few days later when I went to install the blocks for real there was some corrosion already. All my decisions were made from info I found on this board so thanks [H].

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

very nice setup. what kind of display is that? what kind of features does it have? looks really nice.

looks real good.is that the Airplex Evo 240 or do u jsut have grill? also is it better to have the fans on the rop of the rad or under it?

That is only the grill to the EVO240.

Interesting that you put the GPU in front of the CPU. I like to go pump -> rad -> CPU -> GPU ;)

man that grill could of been mine. ive been waiting about 3-4 weeks for the grills to be in stock.

Wow that spawned a lot of questions quickly! The display is the L.I.S. 2 Premium. It has so many functions! For example, the 120mm fans are kind of loud, so I keep them at 50% until the CPU reaches 37 degrees. At that point the L.I.S. software will turn the fans to full power cooling the rad a little more. The grill is from the SNT site. I originally wanted the Heatkiller dual 120mm grill, but could only find it in the UK and SNT had the Airplex grill cheaper than what I would have paid for shipping the other. As seen in the picture my idle temp is 33 and under load is 37ish. I'm currently running P4 3.0c at 3.45GHz at 1.675 volts. I have a new SL6WU 3.0c arriving in a couple days and I hope to hit at least 3.6GHz. Yes, all 1/2" ID.

I used distilled water and HydrX Coolant only. I have four 12" UV lights; one on each side of the case window and one slid down on each side of the top fans.

sorry can you clarify that.. 1 on each side of the window and 1 on each side of the fans at the top?

Sure. I mounted two lights vertically. The case side has a window. The lights are to the left and right just outside of the viewable area. The other two lights I basically opened the top bay in the front and shoved them down along the 120mm fans sitting above the rad.

I didn't know if it was better to place fans above or below rad. I've see it done all ways- above, below, pushing, pulling... I could not find a definitive right answer. I just tried to use logic. 3 fans pull in, 2 fans push out. I also think seeing lit up fans are cooler looking than a static rad.

how straight are the cuts for the fans at the top of the case? did you have to file them after making the initial cut? I've never attempted cutting anything like that before, but I guess that I'm going to try

i checked out that heatkiller grill. very nice. i'm going to try and get one of those if possible, but i'm in the states too.

Recognize said:
I used distilled water and HydrX Coolant only. I have four 12" UV lights; one on each side of the case window and one slid down on each side of the top fans.

What ratio of distilled water:hydrx did you use?
I'm getting some Hydrx in the mail soon and was wondering about the ratio.
Does Swiftech have a reccomended ratio?

Recognize :looks great but use the grill screws, just get nuts for them and glue them to the fans.

looks really good, i like the set up.:)

the hydrix bottle which is 2 oz gets mixed with one liter of water.

"Mix 1 bottle to 1l (33 Oz) of purified water." I wasn't that accurate- think I used less. Will be more exact when I refill.

Back