9800 XT @ Best Buy for $149...

ozziegn

The man behind the curtain...
I've heard that Best Buy has the 9800 XT on clearance for $149 at their B&M stores... so now's your chance to get a great card for dirt cheap if you can actually manage to find one.

(deal ripped from FW.)

Some people will believe anything. I can't imagine them selling the 9800xt for that little.

DriveEuro said:
Some people will believe anything. I can't imagine them selling the 9800xt for that little.

It's about time that the price on the 9800's got a reality check. With the new 6800OC selling for $250 at Fry's recently, then $150 is where the 9800XT needs to be selling at to move 'em out.

DriveEuro said:

it doesnt matter you believe because there have been several people in the FW thread that have gotten this deal.

so I think its safe to say that the deal is real.

as a matter of fact, I'm waiting on a scan from someone who took a snapshot of the clearance shelf tag.

then I'll host it.

ozziegn said:
it doesnt matter you believe because there have been several people in the FW thread that have gotten this deal.

So what does FW stand for>?

Got a link, cause im ready to drive to the local best buy right now.

DriveEuro said:
You ought to have learned better from us by now. The naysayers and dilly dally'ers miss out on the best deals. The rest of us reap the benefits ;)

The most you lose is some (precious) time.

SJetski71 said:
The naysayers and dilly dally'ers miss out on the best deals.

yup.

people wanna doubt this and they wanna doubt that because its alot easier to doubt stuff from the comfort of their chairs.

but then they like to piss and moan once they find out that the deal was for real but of course by then its dead and gone.

in other words, get off your cans and get down to BB. if they have the cards in stock then you win. if they dont, then oh well but at least you can tell yourself that you tried.

remember people, laziness wont get you nothing.

i saw the 9600xt for 150 at bestbuy once, but best buy has some of the highest video card prices ive ever seen, so unfortunately i find it hard to believe

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/messageview.php?start=100&catid=18&threadid=370221

In that thread there seems to be a couple of people that got 9800XT's for 150 bucks, but since most best buy's only have 9800pro's it's gonna be hard for the rest of us to get 9800XT's.

No real proof either. But I guess you congratulate them on their good find and move on; cause I don't think many people got in on the deal.

Sounded like Best Buy employees may have gobbled up what little supply there was anyway.

jojasary said:
i saw the 9600xt for 150 at bestbuy once, but best buy has some of the highest video card prices ive ever seen, so unfortunately i find it hard to believe
They get the occasional pyschotic deal as most other retailers do. Can't wait for black friday this year :)

ozziegn said:
in other words, get off your cans and get down to BB. if they have the cards in stock then you win. if they dont, then oh well but at least you can tell yourself that you tried.

Or save some gas and pick up the telephone and call um.

the good news: the ATI 9800 XT is indeed on clearance for $149

the Bad: no best buy in california, even the best buy distribution centers, has any. zero.zip.NADA. and they will be no more coming in.

i was at the union city best buy before the opened this morning, and rushed in to get the deal. of course, they didn't have any. i talked to the manager and the long story short is this:

Best buy headquarters lets the retail stores know when there are not going to carry something anymore, such as the 9800xt as much as a MONTH in advance if it going on clearence, so what do they do? well they sell it at normal priceing or slight discounts, and simply do not replenish stock. they try to sell out of a clearance item BEFORE it goes on clearence, so that when it becomes publically advertised, there won't be any left to sell at that price, that way they don't lose as much. i thought that was crooked as hell, but it's legal. the manager told me the companies pay for a spot on the shelf, and even if they don't have anymore and will not be getting anymore, they'll still put the clearence tag on the (empty) spot.

the ONLY way to get this deal is:

from best buy: is if someone brings in an UNOPENED one. then it will go out on the shelf. (IF a BB employee doesn't intercept it :rolleyes: ) and basically you'd just have to stumble across it. pure blind luck, and will be rare.

try to PM from other places. doubt it. but all the power to you if you succede.

for all intents and purposes, this deal is DEAD :(

just read this while working at bestbuy so i checked the current pice which is 149.99 for ATI 9800XT 256MB, however checking stock for california and oregon came up with 0 items in stock, and none comming from any warehouses.

PM'ing it would be hard because when i called over there it wasn't even on the computer. But that would be one hell of a PM.

DryFire said:
PM'ing it would be hard because when i called over there it wasn't even on the computer. But that would be one hell of a PM.

the guy had a hard time coming up with it on the computer , and told me at first that it wasn't even in the system, but after searching "graphics" and simply scrolling down to the "ATI" line he come across it......

i show 1 unit availible at cape cod, MA (store #568) and 1 at cambridge, MA (Store#537), salem, NH has 2, kingston NY has 1, secaucus, NJ h as 1, seems like most eastern part of US. These stock counts were taking today 10/3 @ 11:55am

any available in Orlando area on your computer list? 32765
I called my best buy but after listening to the phone ring for 5 minutes while no one picked up in the computer department I hung up. Called again, talked to customer service, they said they'd page someone to pickup the phone, after a couple rings I was disconnected. *sigh*
and the damned store locator isn't even working at bestbuy.com right now for me to get other local phone numbers. And just my luck that I moved out this week and don't have a phone book.

Javelin3o4 said:
i show 1 unit availible at cape cod, MA (store #568) and 1 at cambridge, MA (Store#537), salem, NH has 2, kingston NY has 1, secaucus, NJ h as 1, seems like most eastern part of US. These stock counts were taking today 10/3 @ 11:55am
woot, i live fairly close to secaucus NJ. Too bad i have no use for this card.

nope none in FL. looks like the stores i listed are the only ones with them so, anyone in that area is lucky.

well thanks for checking, I hope some [H] members snatch up whats left :p

Just called bestbuy in my area (chicago) had him ring it up on the register, $199.99. I dunno what you people are talking about.

Tip of the cap to Javelin3o4 for saving everyone a lot of time. Its like having a mole inside BB. Nice. Might be a good guy to know. ;)

topcat989 said:
the guy had a hard time coming up with it on the computer , and told me at first that it wasn't even in the system, but after searching "graphics" and simply scrolling down to the "ATI" line he come across it......

I'm gonna call and ask them to look up the sku number or that card and give me the price. If he finds it then I'm heading over to compusa and see if they'll pm it.

price check on my register in the install bay shows 149.99 different market in chicage maybe different price, but i dont see why they would on a clearance item.

most retailers require the the competitor to be local within a certain amount of miles and have it in stock before they will PM it.

while looking at all the store lists I found a region/district in california that shows 1 on hand, i got someone going there now cause its in So. Cal, and i live in northern cal. so hopefully its still there...

Just got back, Could not find a 9800XT at any store here in town that does pricematching.

none in the dallas area, tried to get the guy in BB to print out the screen showing 150 but he wouldnt do it. And yes you can only price match if that other store has them in stock. Frys didnt even have anymore 9800xts. I dont understand why ati stoped making them. Shame realy that was such a good card.

JEEVES

I confirmed that the price ($150) is accurate for the clearance and that none of the BB stores in my area will be restocking. Found one left in the Houston, TX area, but in the time it took to get transfered to that store, it had sold. :-( Also confirmed that they are sold out in the Austin, TX area as well. If anyone is able to pick one up that doesn't actually want it, I would definitely be willing to cover shipping to Texas. :-D In any case, even though it didn't pan out for me, thanks again for the heads up on this truly rockin deal!!

for the people that managed to get that... that's crazy!... I would kill to get that deal... too bad there aren't any in FL

Back