I think I've found a vendor with really cheap 90nm Athlon 64s in stock...

samiam696

Limp Gawd
EDIT: Prices shot back up to newegg level prices...

Tonight, I was thinking about ordering a new system from newegg, I wanted an 939 90nm 3000+... I take a look a newegg today and they price has shot up from 190 to 215 overnight.

I know some of you were getting these a these prices kind of prices when they first came out, but this vendor i stumbled upon seems to have them for sale without the demand push price like all the other vendors. I thought some of you might be interested, since i myself was waiting for the processors to come back down to their normal msrp.

http://www.chiefvalue.com/app/ProductList.asp?submit=search&description=939&srchAll=&InnerCata=343

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ 1.8GHz, 512KB L2 Cache 939-Pin 64-bit Processor - OEM
(limit 2 per customer) $147.66

AMD Athlon 64 3200+ 2.0GHz, 512KB L2 Cache 939-Pin 64-bit Processor - OEM
(limit 5 per customer) $191.53

I went with the 3000+ since im poor....

YOUR ORDER
Quantity Item Name and Description Item # Price Total Price
1 AMD Athlon 64 3000+ 1.8GHz, 512KB L2 Cache 939-Pin 64-bit Processor - OEM
Specifications:
Model: AMD Athlon 64 3000+
Core: Winchester
Operating Frequency: 1.8GHz
FSB: Integrated into Chip
Cache: L1/64K+64K; L2/ 512KB
Voltage: 1.5V
Process: 90nm
Socket: Socket 939
Multimedia Instruction: MMX, SSE, SSE2, 3DNOW!, 3DNOW!+
Packaging: OEM(Processor Only) CF19103499 $147.66 $147.66
Subtotal
$147.66
Sales Tax (CA, NJ, PR and TN residents only)
$0.00
To change shipping method, please click on view cart (you will have to repeat the checkout process).
Shipping & Handling Charge
$4.00
Total
$151.66

Am i correct in saying this is a good deal? Ive never heard of the vendor, but they seem to have a decent reseller rating, although they only have like 20 votes. :mad: :mad:

That definitely is a great buy on those processors, even the 3400 939 is under $200, although, that doesn't say if it's a 90nm or not. Wish it would.

Plus, I wish that place would use paypal...

dang really good price!! tell me when you get yours i was thinkin about upgrading but i already have a 2500+ barton so i duno. and the nforce4 is comin out that would mean i would have to upgrade my recently purchased 6800 :eek:. I might wanna snag one of these up pretty dman good price

give us some input about this chief value place heh never heard of it.

From the sounds of the reviews of the Nforce 4 boards, they aren't anything major to rave about.

And yes, please do let us know about this place. I'd love to order the 3200 from there at that price.

ricetek said:
dang really good price!! tell me when you get yours i was thinkin about upgrading but i already have a 2500+ barton so i duno. and the nforce4 is comin out that would mean i would have to upgrade my recently purchased 6800 :eek:. I might wanna snag one of these up pretty dman good price

give us some input about this chief value place heh never heard of it.

http://www.resellerratings.com/seller6374.html

they sound decent from the few reviews, ill let you guys know when i get it...

Its funny, 2 years ago when i built my current system i bought everything besides the cpu from newegg, because newegg didnt have the new 2400xp thoroughbred b core in stock, looks like its gonna be the same deal for this system, im guessing newegg is about to sell out of the 3000, thus the raise in price...

I think im gonna go with the mis neo gf3, as im not really impressed by gf4... seems the only advantage is pci-e. I've got a 9800 and i really cant afford to upgrade the motherboard/cpu/ram + a videocard at the same time. i dont really seen a dissadvantage in buying an agp 6800 in a few months, rather then a pci-x... hopfully ill get a decent overclock out of this system, ive already got watercooling from my current system, and i just ordered the amd 64 top for my danger den rbx.

You guys notice they have the 3400+ as a 939 pin cheaper than a 3200+ 939 pin , I don't think the 3400 is switched yet ??

The 3400+ 939 is a 130nm part, pretty certain it is same clock/cache as 3500+ except it has a HT of 800 and not 1000 like the 3500+. I can't recall where I read this.

Thanks for the info...just ordered a 3000+

Now to Newegg to order my HSF and EPOX 939 board :D

Self

There are both a 754 pin and 939pin 3400+. The 939 pin 3400+ is the same as the 3500+ but instead of a 1000HT, the 3400+ comes with a 800HT. I wish I knew about this site earlier. lol, I paid 244 for my 3400+ 939 pin

Oh well, I'll bookmark it for future use when the next round comes around.

Yourself said:
Thanks for the info...just ordered a 3000+

Now to Newegg to order my HSF and EPOX 939 board :D

Self

let us know how it goes with that Epox board. Over at xtemesystems there was a guy who wasn't to crazy about it. Plus the voltage adjustments aren't so great.

The 3400+ 939 is most likely a 130nm. I don't know for sure but its listed as a 1.5v part like all the other 130nm parts. Whereas the 90nm parts are all listed as 1.4v. Just something I noticed.

I just ordered a 3000+ from there, $162 after taxes and shipping. Damned decent price if it gets here any time soon.

Has anyone gotten their chips yet at that price? With the EGG and Monarch at different. I would love to grab that at that price. Update if you got your chip yet.

Mr. Jones said:
Has anyone gotten their chips yet at that price? With the EGG and Monarch at different. I would love to grab that at that price. Update if you got your chip yet.

nah, says 24-48 hours to process the order, and i ordered late last night. I did get a couple emails from them saying ive been billed and everything.

Order Status: Your order is at step 4 of 5: has been packed is ready for shipping. Here is your invoice #

lookin good so far...

someone should post this in the [H]ot|DEALS forum so more people can get in on this deal.

I want to see how his turns out before I buy one from there. Just because they have only a few reviews on resellerratings, but only one got poor customer service.

Ive got a working tracking number, so they've shipped me something, lets hope its a 90nm 3000+.

Ship date Oct 20, 2004
Estimated delivery date Oct 25, 2004 by 4:30 pm

Oct 20, 2004 2:25 pm
Left FedEx Origin Location
CITY OF INDUSTRY CA
2:04 pm

Seems the price for the 3000+ has gone up to $225, but the 3200+ is listed at $191. Strange :rolleyes:

artimusbill said:
Seems the price for the 3000+ has gone up to $225, but the 3200+ is listed at $191. Strange :rolleyes:

ahh, that sucks... They must have finally cought onto the potential price they could have been selling the 3000+ for... We'll prob see the 3200+ raise in price once they realize they are selling it for less then the 3000+ now, lol.

edit: they it goes... Sorry guys, i hope a few people got the deal amd 3200+ went up to $246.49

I got in. I appreciate the heads up. They have charged my card, but could still cancel my order.

hope it ships. This was a nice price in my mind.

ouch! They must have raised the price when they looked at their quickly shrinking inventory as something they could gouge people with. I got my 3000+ for $147 and it's already been shipped. You need to jump on these deals quickly it seems.

ah man...i didn't want to take the risk yet. i was waiting for someone to say they got it shipped. :mad: :eek: :(

My 3000+ just arrived today, a full day after I placed the order. Wow, that's awesome shipping there. Seems to work well in my A8V Deluxe so far, but I'm going to put it through it's paces and overclock it in a minute, so we'll see how it holds up then. I'd watch these guys in the future, their prices will probably drop back to where they were once they get another shipment of CPUs from AMD.

damn.. i wanted to get one .. at that price hah. Well is the 3000+ the 90nm one? or is it still using 130nm? but guessin its a 1.8ghz id say you got a damn good deal.

:rolleyes: :D

got the 90nm 3000+ today... the tracking number said it wouldnt be here till monday, now i just need my motherboard and ram :)

amd6493990nm.JPG

Wow good find - I read somewhere that the 3000+ price per thousand was like 163. How did they manage to sell it for 14x or whatever?

prices went back up though =(

It was probably either a pricing mistake, or a marketing move to get people's attention. Obviously if they were losing money for whatever reason, they would have to raise the price sooner or later. They certainly got my attention, and my 3000+ is running at 2.5 GHz

ChemBot said:
It was probably either a pricing mistake, or a marketing move to get people's attention. Obviously if they were losing money for whatever reason, they would have to raise the price sooner or later. They certainly got my attention, and my 3000+ is running at 2.5 GHz

the 3000+ you got from cheifvalue? Good deal, i hope mine does at least the same ;)

Back