Water cooling just setup in thermal take tsuanami case.

Grahxen

Gawd
I posted these pics in another thread to give someone some advice on modding their new tsuanami case, but I would figure I would post it in this forum so everyone one else can take a look in case they also need some pointers on modding their case to get everything to fit and look nice.

In my case I have 3 total hard drives, a dvd burner/dvd rom.

Here are the pics.

casemod1.jpg

casemod2.jpg

casemod3.jpg

casemod4.jpg

casemod5.jpg

casemod6.jpg

I hope you like them, and this is the thread on what exacytly I had to do to fit everything in the case.

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=825393

Thanks
Grahxen

Anyway, my system specs are.

Asus A8V Deluxe Revision 2
AMD Athlon 64 3500 @ 2.5GHZ 250FSB
1GB Crucial Ballastix PC4000 Memory
BFG Gforce 6800 Ultra OC
Audigy 2
1x 36GB WD Raptor, 1x 120GB JB WD 1x 80GB WD JB hard drives
12x DVD+-R/W Liteon DVD Burner
16x Liteon DVD Burner
480W Antec Tru-Power PSU

Water cooling is a Hydor L30 water pump, d-tek pro core radiator, swiftech mcw6000 water block, and a custom made res.

Grahxen

I'm getting a Tsunami as well for my upcoming water cooling project, now one question why didn't you just use the back 120mm area for the heater core? Seems like it would be much easier.

Banko said:
I'm getting a Tsunami as well for my upcoming water cooling project, now one question why didn't you just use the back 120mm area for the heater core? Seems like it would be much easier.

Because #1, it would make the radiator stick out further, and #2, its better to pull air through the radiator then push it from the front.

Can't you just do this. Put the radiator in the 120mm hole, and then have the 120mm fan to the right blowing air onto it?

Banko said:
Can't you just do this. Put the radiator in the 120mm hole, and then have the 120mm fan to the right blowing air onto it?

I dont understand that. The radiator is bolted in where the 120mm fan was, but if its on the right side its blowing on the side of the radiator.... That does nothing, and doesnt make much sense.

Am i understanding you correctly? Anyway, im not making any changes because this is the best method of fitting the items in this case so far, and I have modified around 30 or so of these cases like this already that I sell at my shop.

Grahxen

Grahxen,
What did you put on the harddrives so that it can be placed in the CD-drives area?

Banko said:

I will have some pics over the weekend, I have the same case and the custom made copper radiator, mounted IN the drive cage, is going to be fed fresh air from the front 120mm fan...it also has a 92mm Panaflo pulling air THROUGH the radiator....I don't like external radiators, it ruins the aesthetics, gets in the way when going to LAN's, etc.

Hey, I have the same case and am in the planning stages of a wc setup.

Do you folks have any ideas about what I can put in that 92mm fan hole on the side? I'm trying to decide if a round res would work there (like the thermaltake one, or an ac or innovatek), but don't know if I would need to make some sort of bracket so it's weight isn't on the window.

What do you think?

Back