.....Phe4r mY L33T videO c4rd.....

cornelious0_0

[H]F Junkie
Well well well, look where I find myself tonight. I just finished packing up my 6800GT because I'm shipping it out to Toronto tomorrow. Until thursday when my Sapphire X800XT-PE gets here I'm stuck with a temp card....and WHAT a temp card. I now have in my AGP slot a trusty TNT2 M64....the lowest end TNT2 that was produced, and it shows. :p Let's start the show off with some benchies shall we? Everything is with the computer 100% stock, 2.8GHz /w the Detonator's set to high quality:

W00T.....triple digit.....with three of the tests averaging less then 10fps it was quite a show. Check out the massive 96.3 fillrate and the 1.2 Point Sprite score. :D

TNT2_M64.JPG

Link

I don't think Aquanox is going to be playable.....do you? It was quite funny, the test would actually stop at times because the card had to draw the scene and it did it frame by frame by frame....I had never seen it run THAT slow before.

TNT2_M64_AM3.JPG

Link

This was just too funny NOT to post.....owned. :p

TNT2_M64_pwnd.JPG

You can bet your a$$es I'll be benching the hell out of the X800XT-PE when I get it, partially just to get used to seeing the massive overdraw explosion in AM3 run a solid 35fps+ again, not 0.3. :rolleyes:

I'm out, gonna put on some tunes and see how my beloved Final Fantasy VII runs on this thing.....tty guys later, cross your fingers for me for a great overclock on the XT-PE.

lol, i saw the thread title and thought ah fuck.. here we go again

hope your having fun cornelious :cool:

edit: and i believe its ph34r m3h 1337 v1|)30 c4r|) :p lol

heh that third one's nothing. i believe my brother has a screenshot of my DSL connected at a godly 32/160. and no, that isn't 32m/160k, it's 32k/160k (D/U of course) - as in slower downstream that 56k. gotta love verizon:rolleyes: it should be at 864/160... it sucks compared to my friend's covad. it seems to like speeds around 400/160 now... which bites.(OT rant ends)

have fun with the TNT2:p i think i've used worse cards than that, though (for the original UT, too... which won't install on my XP Pro + SP2... i dunno if the disk is just scratched or what though... pisses me off)

i should go run some benchies with one of the PCI video cards i have lying around... i just don't wanna lose the 1280x960x32 (72hz) display i run that they can't do... heh.

Hey! I have one of those! I don't remember what machine I have it in, though :(
by the way, what theme is that... it's mighty nice

niiiicee.
we just built a bunch of new servers for my cisco class, 2600+ systems with radeon 7000's.
scored a whopping 1,900 3dmarks :D

Yeah, I've been having some good fun with it.....thinking of running some Unreal2k4 benchies. ;)

Got any other suggestions for "results" you'd like to see? :p I'll have the XT-PE by either wednesday or thursday so I'll probly make another thread called like ".....Phe4r mY L33T videO c4rd, for real this time....." when I get it. ;)

cornelious0_0 said:
Got any other suggestions for "results" you'd like to see? :p I'll have the XT-PE by either wednesday or thursday so I'll probly make another thread called like ".....Phe4r mY L33T videO c4rd, for real this time....." when I get it. ;)

and then the flames will begin!

"d00d you shouldve kept your 6800!
the 6800 is worthless! XT-PE is r0Xor!
nuh uh!
uh huh!"

just a trend ive noticed...

lithium726 said:
and then the flames will begin!

"d00d you shouldve kept your 6800!
the 6800 is worthless! XT-PE is r0Xor!
nuh uh!
uh huh!"

just a trend ive noticed...

w/e.....ppl can bitch if they want.....but by the time I'm done with it the GT isn't gonna be able to compare to my XT. ;)

cornelious0_0 said:
w/e.....ppl can bitch if they want.....but by the time I'm done with it the GT isn't gonna be able to compare to my XT. ;)

oh i know, how much stuff are you gonna do to that thing? i hope you're good with a soidering iron ;)

btw: hows that prommie setup coming?

You guys just got me in the mood to dust off the 1997-era Diamond Monster 3D and run some benchmarks...if they run at all. With 4MB of memory, I'll be ready for Doom 4!

I just sold my old TNT2 to my gf's brother. I have NO idea why he wanted it, an antique maybe? :D

lithium726 said:
i have one hanging on my wall, its dead ;)

As do I with my GF2 MX400....I miss it, only card I could play FFVII at 4xAA with....anything newer then that card and the AA isn't done quite the same and it doesn't "work" in FF7. I'm probly gonna end up building a cheapo AXP setup with 512MB and a GF2MX400 running windows 98 just to play FF7 and get a kvm for it. ;)

oh i know, how much stuff are you gonna do to that thing? i hope you're good with a soidering iron

I'm good enough, but I'll have to get some more practice in. I'm gonna have to find out when the OVP (over voltage protection) kicks in on teh XT-PE, cus I'm gonna use the pencil mod to take my gpu voltage as high as I can....1.6v or so for sure, depending on how the vmem and OVP mods are i might or might not do them myself....but they'll get done. ;)

I'm getting a Maze4 for the XT pretty soon, and I already bought a 110W 40mm Peltier for the XT-PE on Ebay for $21 CDN shipped from the states.

btw: hows that prommie setup coming?

That was "ditched" awhile ago cus the guy never got ahold of me, and I dont like dealing with ppl that don't stay in regular contact....get's you thinking too much. This setup is happening in it's place, but I'm gonna end up with a 226W Pelt on the 3.2E, my 110W Pelt on the XT-PE, and a dual 120mm heatercore sporting either 2 120mm evercool aluminum fans (80cfm) as "pull" fans or 4 120mm Stealths (50cfm each) in a push/pull setup.

I almost think that it'll be more [H] to have the dual Pelt setup running, because it will be entirely containted within my 16" Lian-Li PC60, modded to hell and back...and a little more "home made" then buying a Prommy or Vapochill.

cornelious0_0 said:
I now have in my AGP slot a trusty TNT2 M64....the lowest end TNT2 that was produced, and it shows. :p

Sorry, cornelious0_0, but there was a TNT2 even below the M64.

The dreaded Vanta!

Only 16 mb of memory, 1/2 the bus, and I'm not sure if the clocks were lower. However, it was still cr@ppier than your M64.

I only know because I remember back in the day when some guy was bragging bout having bought a TNT2 for "only" $100.............and then being heart-broken when I explained what the Vanta was.

I feel old and geeky. :eek:

Hey, look at the bright side, at least that card can still push 2d pretty well.

Looks like your desktop is 1600x1200x32bpp, right?

The crappy PCI card I have running my webserver right now I've had to use a couple times when trading my 'main' graphics card. That thing can push a WHOPPING 1024x768....if you don't mind 8-bit color. If you want to 'kick it up' to 16bit color, gotta drop the res to 800x600. w00t!!

Yeah, that sucked.

Honestly, what you've got isn't a bad card for 2d-only stuff. Perfect for fileservers, webservers, heck even web browsing.

THE JEW (RaVeN) said:
Sorry, cornelious0_0, but there was a TNT2 even below the M64.

The dreaded Vanta!

Only 16 mb of memory, 1/2 the bus, and I'm not sure if the clocks were lower. However, it was still cr@ppier than your M64.

I only know because I remember back in the day when some guy was bragging bout having bought a TNT2 for "only" $100.............and then being heart-broken when I explained what the Vanta was.

I feel old and geeky. :eek:

Actually your wrong because I have a Vanta LT with 8MB of ram. :D Took it out of my fathers 600Mhz HP.

Specs...
Graphics Core:128-bit
Pixels per Second:160 Million
Memory Bandwidth:800 MB/s

Also after searching the internet it seems there is a Vanta-16 even worse then my crappy LT.

Roach said:
Actually your wrong because I have a Vanta LT with 8MB of ram. :D Took it out of my fathers 600Mhz HP.

Specs...
Graphics Core:128-bit
Pixels per Second:160 Million
Memory Bandwidth:800 MB/s

Also after searching the internet it seems there is a Vanta-16 even worse then my crappy LT.

I stand corrected. Apparently, the line of acceptability sank pretty low when it came to the TNT2. :p

So Cornelious, how good is The Grudge and Matrix Revolutions :p
BTW, i have an extensive collection of TNT2's from Vantra, to 64 Pro about 7 cards.
They are good for Half-Life and Starcraft LAN boxes.

lithium726 said:
lol, i saw the thread title and thought ah fuck.. here we go again

hope your having fun cornelious :cool:

edit: and i believe its ph34r m3h 1337 v1|)30 c4r|) :p lol
ROFLCOPTER...jk ;)
At least i'm not the only one that put on their flaming gloves

SeaFoam said:
ROFLCOPTER...jk ;)
At least i'm not the only one that put on their flaming gloves

haha, it's cool, I'm alright with the benchmark whore reputation that I've built up for myself.....doesn't seem to be any real benching enthusiasts around here so I figured I'd step up to the plate and Get in the Game. ;)

Haha, this reminds me of when me and another guy were waiting on 6800GT's and were having a shootout between GF4 mx's. I think i managed a few hundred 03 marks, it managed to qualify for 3 tests I think.

As do I with my GF2 MX400....I miss it, only card I could play FFVII at 4xAA with....anything newer then that card and the AA isn't done quite the same and it doesn't "work" in FF7.

Hey, you might wanna try one of the newer versions of FF7 that have been put out. I don't remember what the name was, but a really nice version was released recently, google out "FVII"and "Windows XP" and you should be able to find it. I had it bookmarked when I found it awhile back, but that's on my main rig, which is currently down for the count. Whenever I get a working monitor hooked up over there I'll see if I can find it, I stashed a link to it somewhere.

Or if that doesn't work, just get a PS1 copy and fire up an emu, it would probably look a lot better (you can crank resolution, AA, AF, etc, and I bet the game would actually be less buggy emu'ed).

server_error said:
Haha, this reminds me of when me and another guy were waiting on 6800GT's and were having a shootout between GF4 mx's. I think i managed a few hundred 03 marks, it managed to qualify for 3 tests I think.

Hey, you might wanna try one of the newer versions of FF7 that have been put out. I don't remember what the name was, but a really nice version was released recently, google out "FVII"and "Windows XP" and you should be able to find it. I had it bookmarked when I found it awhile back, but that's on my main rig, which is currently down for the count. Whenever I get a working monitor hooked up over there I'll see if I can find it, I stashed a link to it somewhere.

Or if that doesn't work, just get a PS1 copy and fire up an emu, it would probably look a lot better (you can crank resolution, AA, AF, etc, and I bet the game would actually be less buggy emu'ed).

Thx for the suggestions.....I'll check it out and see what I can find. The latest version I had seen was released QUITE awhile ago and was just that initial XP patch to fix some compatibility issues with things like the Chocobo races.

Damnit....now I REALLY wanna play it. :mad:

IS that a 16meg M64 card becasue i thought it would at least break the 100 barrier. LOL I still have my Viper V770 Ultra (TNT2U) I think the most i ever got with it was 2000 or so in 3dmark 2001with my old duron 1ghz but it still oc's nicely 185/225 heh those were the days :D

Have fun with the PE i'll have to come check it out, how much did ya pay for it?

I feel your pain, man. I have a 32MB PCI TNT2 M64 which I've been using for the past 7 months since my AIW 9700 Pro died.

It can run Counter-strike in OpenGL at 640x480 at about 18 fps average. I tried playing Far Cry on it just for kicks; it laughed at me. And then sputtered and died.

SILVR 6 said:
Have fun with the PE i'll have to come check it out, how much did ya pay for it?

Oh I will......yeah, you haven't been over for a little while now. :p

I traded my 6800GT and threw in $100 in the form of an EMT....and I'd say it was quite worth it, cus this card is turning out to be one hell of a nice overclocker.....570MHz on the core with stock cooling/voltage. ;)

Hehe, maybe just wait until after the 12th to come over, cus that way I can have my Maze4 installed on the XT-PE and hopefully have the voltmods done. :p

cornelious0_0 said:
Oh I will......yeah, you haven't been over for a little while now. :p

I traded my 6800GT and threw in $100 in the form of an EMT....and I'd say it was quite worth it, cus this card is turning out to be one hell of a nice overclocker.....570MHz on the core with stock cooling/voltage. ;)

Hehe, maybe just wait until after the 12th to come over, cus that way I can have my Maze4 installed on the XT-PE and hopefully have the voltmods done. :p

awesome... thats a nice default OC... :cool:

Funny thing is, I have the same card and it does 834 points in 3Dmark 2001SE, oced gets me about 857 points. And it does play FF7 well, the PC version I mean.

That means little to me without knowing what CPU you've got. Overclocking my 2.8C to 3.5GHz got me to about 810 or so....but now I'm runnin' just short of 26k with water cooling and voltmods on the way for the XT-PE...gonna be looking to gain another 75-100MHz on the core.....so I'm much happier. :D

Back