Soundstorm vs Live 5.1(audigy2 patched)

Why don't you tell us? You wouldn't be comparing two previous generation components unless you already owned them.

Sheesh. What are they teaching kids these days? Don't they do science projects? Where's their brave spirit of empirical inquisition?

Soundstorm is newer technology, and imho, sounds better under analog. Really though....you can't put the potential of the Soundstorm to use unless you use DD 5.1.

i have read those. but i am still thinking. i am especially thinking about EAX Advanced HD. does it make difference from EAX2??

the later versions of EAX (3 and HD) have more effects and some prefer it over 1 and 2. personally, games that support the older 1 and 2, and the newer 3 and HD don't sound that differnt in games.

audigy 2>soundstorm>live 5.1

i have owned all three of those cards, the live 5.1 is just pathetic, soundstorm sounds quite nice with all its features it was actually quite amazing since its on board sound. And audigy 2 is wow, tight deep bass, even the mids sounded better.

and if your thinking which speakers i've used them on, they are the megaworks 550D

GodsMadClown said:
Why don't you tell us? You wouldn't be comparing two previous generation components unless you already owned them.

Sheesh. What are they teaching kids these days? Don't they do science projects? Where's their brave spirit of empirical inquisition?

Not bashing you xixixix, but I have noticed this trend a lot on these forums. Things like, should my fan blow in or out which can be answered by trying. Isn't that the fun in this hobby? :p

Back