converting these speaker output

Entimann

n00b
I have an old Sony Stereo but the speakers sound great. i am under low budget so i want to know if it is possible to convert these outputs to something that i can plug into my soundcard.

Image001.jpg

my speakers
Image002.jpg

the end of the speaker wires. its plastic and has one bar + and the other -

Any suggestions are welcomed.

I'm sorry, I'm a bit confused. What outputs do you want to hook up to your soundcard? Do you want to hook the stereo to your soundcard? Do you want to hook the speakers to your soundcard? If you want to hook the speakers up to your soundcard then you will need an amplifier to drive the speakers.

As was previously said, but in nicer words, you will not be able to connect the speakers directly to your sound card. You will need a receiver/amplifier of some sort...is there anything wrong with the old sony stereo these speakers came with? If not, using a minijack to RCA y-adaptor to connect from the sound card to the AUX in of the stereo is the way to go. If there is no AUX in, and you still want to be really cheap, use a CD-car tape adaptor.

More expensive is to get a new receiver...you would simply chop off the connector on the speaker wires to connect to the receiver most likely. There are nuances with the impedance of the speakers and receiver to watch out for...I won't go into it here unless you think that's the way you're gonna go.

its me... umm i've talked to my brother in law and he says that i do need an amplifier, so i was thinking of getting an amp from old pc speakers.. anyone ever seen this done before..
i just need to know b4 i make errors

Troll local pawn shops and/or classifieds for a cheap receivers. If you look hard, you should find a decent one for <$50.

Back