What are your 6800 Ultra overclocks?

After the success of the GT OC thread and the new XT PE one, here's a thread for 6800 Ultras.

My BFG 6800 Ultra OC is currently running at 445/1.18 with no issues. There's probably a few more Mhz in it as welI. I suspect that I'd clear Ultra Extreme clocks if I had a better case and cooling.

Temps are 53-ish at idle and up to 77C after 20 minutes of rthdribl

Has no-one on this site got an overclocked 6800 Ultra?

I know they're hard to find, but surely someone's got one somewhere! I want to see how many people can hit Ultra Extreme clocks...

I got the BFG 6800 Ultra and I slapped the copper heatsink replacement in their from eVGA and I flashed bios with Ultra Extreme clocks with no problems what-so-ever.

Runs like a damn champ for me.

Damn, never knew you could flash BFG 6800U into a UE. Any chance you could point me in the direction of a link?
Sorry about any thread hi-jacking, and because you were looking for 6800U OC's, mine is 465/1.2 stable, really depends on your cooling though, although I have heard BFG 6800Us get hotter than other ones. I currently hit 80C when on full load after 30min, thinking of going water cooling or getting a better heatsink, as I don't wanna risk burning it out.

Depending on what exactly you want out of this I can help you. If all you want are the Ultra Extreme clocks as standard, then all you must do is grab the newest Rev3 BFG bios and alter its default clocks and reflash it to the card.

If you are hoping that you can have a driver panel and device manager that says Ultra Extreme instead of just Ultra, that is much harder. It requires messing with circuitry on the video card itself and isn't worth the risk.

As a side note, eVGA are the only company to actually release true Ultra Extreme boards, and theirs still say just 6800 Ultra within the driver panel and window's device manager.

If you don't fell comfortable modding and flashing a bios, I will send you mine predone and all you will have to do is flash.

Slapped Arctic Silver 5 on the core and left everything else stock.

440 core (448 starts artifacting)
1.2 RAM

If I get a NV Silencer 5 I'll flash the bios to UE and push it farther.

I've been running pretty stable @ 444/1.3 using the coolbits auto-detect feature

460/1.1 With a BFG 6800 U WB. Didn't even try the memory because of how hot they already are!

I got 470/1.3 on my BFG Ultra WB. I will be adding another radiator for more cooling. it is running at 55C under load.

wow i guess i am not the only one with ultra that overclocks shitty.... 443/1.12 here... pretty biased... now i regret not getting a gt .. :( o well

aZn_plyR
Put it on Ebay... it will sell for good $$$ and get a 6800 U OC with WB... I tried 6800 GT OC, X 800 Pro before getting the Ultra with WB. My goal is to push for 500 Mhz.. We'll see if I ever see that.. Good Luck

After Installing a NV-5 Silencer and modded the bios to 1.5v and able to run 24/7 stable at 460mhz/12.3ghz...

I have a UEE that clocks to 515/1320 and an Ultra that does 500/1290. I run games at 480/1250 on either. They are watercooled with an Innovatek NV40.

If you are hoping that you can have a driver panel and device manager that says Ultra Extreme instead of just Ultra, that is much harder. It requires messing with circuitry on the video card itself and isn't worth the risk.

FWIW, Rivatuner's NVstrap app will let you choose "graphics adapter identification." Just choose what vid card ID youwant and reboot, it will "detect" the "new" card, and load the drivers for it.

HTH

aZn_plyR said:
wow i guess i am not the only one with ultra that overclocks shitty.... 443/1.12 here... pretty biased... now i regret not getting a gt .. :( o well

Well, the fastest my GT will go with an NV Silencer 5 and a big 480W PSU is 435/1.15, and Ultras are a little faster clock-for-clock IIRC, so you aren't doing that bad.

With eVGA copper + AS5 and the EE bios, I can play games at 450-499/1200... It boots without windows artifacts at 550/1250... but nothing is usable (Game wise).

my PNY GT hits 450/1200, but only after i strapped a koolance waterblock to it lol. too bad i dont have 1.6 ns ram :/

After further testing, it seems like my 445/1.18 isn't as stable as I thought, causing lockups in Far Cry and small artifacts in 3DMark05.

The following link:

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17261579&highlight=6800u+BIOS

shows how to flash to UEE BIOS - extra voltage to hopefully let the card hold a higher overclock. Has anyone tried this on stock cooling? If so, what were the results? Would the card overclock higher and what happened to the temperatures?
The poster who mentioned that 550 core - lol that would be great if it worked. I'd certainly feel I'd got my money's worth over a GT if I could anything close to that.

I can OC my BFG 6800Ultra to 466/1290 on air, with NO in game artifacts or crashes for hours and hours and hours... And I never really go above 68-72C under heavy load.. (Heavy Load is EQ2 at 1920x1200)

But, I can not seem to run 3DMark05... It will complete the first test, but right as it goes to load the second test, it crashes :(

But, 3Dmark aside.... Gaming runs flawlessly!

hehe let's see u run cs:s video stress test over and over and over for hours :) i can run it a few times with my crappy overclock but then artifacts shows like the 8th run and then 11 crashes :)

HeavyH20, it will be interesting to see how that Innovatech block stacks up against the AquaComputers one I have coming for my eVGA 6800Ultra. I have it bios flashed to UE, but won't push it till water is all complete. Don't touch that dial folks! Stats are a'comin'!

aZn_plyR said:

I've now dropped my overclock to a rather crappy 440/1.12 to ensure stability when I play HL2. I have been vaguely toying with the idea of flogging my AGP Ultra and getting a PCI-e GT and SLI motherboard when they arrive. Trouble is, I've got a socket 754 3400+ which I can't afford to switch, and I doubt I'll see a compatible SLI board.

That and the uncertainties of the power requirements of 2 x 6800GT (when I buy a second). I've got a 520W PSU with 30A on the 12v, but you never know...

HeavyH20, it will be interesting to see how that Innovatech block stacks up against the AquaComputers one I have coming for my eVGA 6800Ultra. I have it bios flashed to UE, but won't push it till water is all complete. Don't touch that dial folks! Stats are a'comin'!

Has the AquaComputing cooling block arrived yet? I want to see if that block is better than the Innovatek. Always lookin' for more...

DropTech said:
With eVGA copper + AS5 and the EE bios, I can play games at 450-499/1200... It boots without windows artifacts at 550/1250... but nothing is usable (Game wise).

Keep in mind, that when you boot to Windows, the 3D clock is not used, just the 2D. So, the clock is not hit until you start a DirectX app or the like.

Does anyone have the copper block installed on their ultra? I'm considering getting it, but I wanna know how much of a pain in the ass it is to install...and if it voids the warrenty (eVGA product on an eVGA board).

I installed it on a few Ultras and it works fine. It also does not void the eVGA warranty. It is the only heatsink upgrade that does not. It does keep the core around 3C cooler.

tsuehpsyde said:
Does anyone have the copper block installed on their ultra? I'm considering getting it, but I wanna know how much of a pain in the ass it is to install...and if it voids the warrenty (eVGA product on an eVGA board).

Easy and quick to install. Warranty is retained.
I have an Ultra version I can't use if you're interested. I won it in the giveaway (was planning to step up my GT) but ended up getting a silencer for my GT. The cost on their site for the heatsink and shipping was as much as the silencer.

If you wanna give that away, I'd be more than happy to take it and love you forever :p

I did auto-detect on my Ultra and got 454/1.15 I'm not too excited about OCing the card to hell yet because 1. I have everything turned as high as it goes and liquid smooth so no NEED as of yet and 2. I'd rather wait until I need it a few months down the road (if I do) and possibly have a better heastink.

I have a eVGA Limited Ed. that I flashed to a Ultra. It will go to 475/1.25ghz (50c/72c) with AS5 and stock cooling.

Pretty sure it would do higher but it needs better cooling and a better power supply(430w now)

Back