Halo 2 launch party!

IceWindus

n00b
Just got back from the big Halo 2 launch party at my towns mall center. WOw!!! It was insane! I'll let the pictures do the talking. We got there about an hour before midnight, and there already a huge line standing outside in 25degree tempatures.

Wow, thats the start of the line
linegrows.jpg

People playing Halo 1 on top of their cars to kill the time
lanparty.jpg

Guy brought a projector playing RedvsBlue to take our mind off the cold
redvsblue.jpg

Line gets split: Left side partially paid Halo 2's. Right side VIP fully paid first access to the games inside! I was in that line, woooT!!
gettingbusier.jpg

Ahhh, nice and warm inside!
inside.jpg

[censored] starting playing right in front of us, we all wanted to kill him
wow.jpg

Woooo whata night! I need sleep now before I puke and tomoroo I play more Halo 2!!!

yeah i was at gamestop and the line wasn't even close to what your was.. and they had a HDTV playing redvsblue and i was in VIP also hehe and they had 2 hooter girl's passing out wings and drink's so it was good..

I was gonna go to the one the store I got mine was having but I had to get up early today for work so I didnt go. But I will be picking up my CE version at lunch, and then go home and play the hell out of it tonight.

'IceWind'....that mall scene looks suspiciously familiar. Where ya at?

Picked up my copy at Midnight from Game Stop in Salem, NH.

THIS WAS A POORLY RUN EVENT.

Originally, as I arrived, one of the employees had the lines split into partially paid and fully paid lines. This was fine and dandy.

About 30 minutes later, another employee comes out and tells us the lines are backwards and for everyone to switch sides. This resulted in much confusion, people cutting ahead, people getting in the wrong lines. Another 20 or so minutes later, a security guard comes out and tells us to get back in the original lines -- more confusion, more cutting, more mixups.

After the game goes on sale, there was ONE person checking receipts and handing out copies. This resulted in the partially paid line moving MUCH faster.

All in all, one of the worst events I've ever been to. The GS employee that screwed the lines up should be hanged.

Twinkie said:
Picked up my copy at Midnight from Game Stop in Salem, NH.

THIS WAS A POORLY RUN EVENT.

Originally, as I arrived, one of the employees had the lines split into partially paid and fully paid lines. This was fine and dandy.

About 30 minutes later, another employee comes out and tells us the lines are backwards and for everyone to switch sides. This resulted in much confusion, people cutting ahead, people getting in the wrong lines. Another 20 or so minutes later, a security guard comes out and tells us to get back in the original lines -- more confusion, more cutting, more mixups.

After the game goes on sale, there was ONE person checking receipts and handing out copies. This resulted in the partially paid line moving MUCH faster.

All in all, one of the worst events I've ever been to. The GS employee that screwed the lines up should be hanged.

Wow, if something like that had happend where I was, there woulda been a bloody riot. People were pissed enough as is when the manager told us to split the line for "Partially paid" and "Fully paid"

MX2times said:
'IceWind'....that mall scene looks suspiciously familiar. Where ya at?

Man, every mall looks alike!! Just like every town is starting to look alike with the same strip malls with the exact same stores. It is cookie cutter America, yea capitalism!!

That's a big line. I could of picked my game up at 12.01 am but I decided I didn't wan tot lose my parking spot. WHen you live in a big city like CHicago it's a bnitch to find a parking spot. SO I'll just pick it up after class.

I would never stand in line for a stinkin Video Game. What a waste of time. It's not like a concert and it's going to sell out. :rolleyes:

Mindriot said:
I would never stand in line for a stinkin Video Game. What a waste of time. It's not like a concert and it's going to sell out. :rolleyes:

Exactly, but from the looks of it there are plenty of kids obsessed enough to do just that.. go figure, maybe they have nothing better to do with their time.

Mindriot said:

You still play on an atari dont you?
Halo2 was well worth the wait...especially since the EB here was giving away free goods.

It is all about the experience. Why go to a sports game when you can just watch it on TV? You go to the game because it is a whole different experience than just sititng at home. If you can get all your friends together with you in line itcan be a great experience. Though as the one poster pointed out you can also have a bad time but hey, you can't win them all :p

Personally I'm picking mine up after work before I go to class. Though there were some stores here in Madison that were having a midnight sale, they even made the 10pm news.

Exactly, but from the looks of it there are plenty of kids obsessed enough to do just that.. go figure, maybe they have nothing better to do with their time.

The same can be said about any interest that doesn't appeal to you. There are millions of people in the world that would rather buy a pre-built PC than go through the trouble to learn the nuances and build their own. That doesn't make us wrong for enjoying it much in the way that these people aren't wrong for going to a store and enjoying the comraderie.

I managed (by virtue of going to pick up a number early) to get in near the front of the line at the local EBX, which was a good thing, because I'm hearing that people ended up waiting three hours or more There were also a number of people from Bungie in attendance at the one I went to, and I managed to get the box for my Halo edition XBox signed by a number of them. I've heard a number of reports of problems with Gamestops not having their act together.

Wow, our Gamestop had so many left over copies even from last night that I managed to snag a collectors edition for myself at lunch time :D Even though I don't have an Xbox, at least I got a copy

yeah we only had 200 people at out gamestop (the one that we went to) we took my xbox and a tv, but there werent any outside jacks for us to use, so we ate out pizza, only to have gamespot order 12 pizzas and pass out slices to everyone and then we went and got a 12 pack, then once inside, we see about 150 cans of pop... oh well..

english halo is fun

i didnt go to the local best buys launch party because I'm not going to stand in a line for a few hours. I will pick it up later, it wont be gone. My best Buy restocked right after the launch and had it in when they opened again the next day, and they had it all day to.

i'm suprised so many people lined up for such a crap ass sequal of a game

I'm waiting for the self proclaimed L337dawgs of the world to show up declaring they have finished the game and that it sucks already :rolleyes:

Huan said:
I'm waiting for the self proclaimed L337dawgs of the world to show up declaring they have finished the game and that it sucks already :rolleyes:

too late Click Me entire thread

and just to make it easier to find

warsawtag said:
well i bought the game at midnight and have almost beaten it... the game is rather boring and the grahpics actuall arent that great compared to the original halo... in fact, i believe the original halo to have better graphics... halo 2 wastes all its graphics power in the area of physics which are just flat out lameo... i was really rather disappointed by single player and the multiplayer is alright but im back at counter strike source again...

-warsaw

sorry for all you that stood in line, my friend got the game 6 hours earlier than most of you did, and i sat in the comfort of his home and we played co-op through the first couple missions.

That was a good day :)

Visable-assassin said:
too late Click Me entire thread

and just to make it easier to find

hehe, give it 5 days and you'll have the "half life 2 is SOOO better than halo 2 flame wars"

at least right now there is peace :)

heh.. some peeps are just waay to predictable :rolleyes: God I hope they choke on a dust mite :D

What some people need to understand is that there is no real great way to go through 300 people in 10 minutes, if you can find a way to do it please let me know. I am a gamestop employee and our launch went rather smooth. We did over 350 sales in about 1:45. i don't care who you are, that isn't bad. I'm sure there were problems at other stores, but I'm glad to say we did kick some ass. I wanted to get the FragDolls at our launch event, but I they had a prior engagement.

there was 150+ people at the eb store waiting last night.it was in the paper today.

i'm holding off on getting it.might rent it

yah....my midnight release party experience sucked.....f---inkg hastings... for lack of any better place to get from here....i had to use hastings.... so i get it reserved... and then i get there for the midnight thing....and wait in line..theres prolly...ohh...150 ppl. im towards the back....and when about half the line got through...they said they were out. yahhh....so the point of reserving is....what again?? anywho...enough bitching from me....

brutimus said:
yah....my midnight release party experience sucked.....f---inkg hastings... for lack of any better place to get from here....i had to use hastings.... so i get it reserved... and then i get there for the midnight thing....and wait in line..theres prolly...ohh...150 ppl. im towards the back....and when about half the line got through...they said they were out. yahhh....so the point of reserving is....what again?? anywho...enough bitching from me....

Haha! :eek:

trajedi said:
gamestop sux.. but my prize my swag my present..

post-23-1099984169.jpg

turned out to be empty..

post-23-1099984206.jpg

there is a little green square on the bottom of the front of the box ... does not say like preview copy or something
we had those at my shitholeworkplace last year

muahahaha

cases.jpg

Back