A positive Steam note

kre62

Limp Gawd
Well I was playing Half Life 2 tonight and I noticed something. The glitches, where the audio loops for 5-10 seconds and the game freezes, seem to be gone. I'm thinking that Steam updated what was wrong, and just like that everythings fine. I just played for 1.5 hours without one show-stopper.

Ive ahd very short audio stutters. just one or two seconds and no video problem of any kind, not a single hitch. Got the game at about 5:15 Pm pacific time, was isntalling by 6PM and playing by 6:30 PM. I had none of the updates/unlocking/whutever delays and problems others have had. . It is , so far , the best game Ive ever played..and Ive played em all.

OHH.. I thought it was my shit onboard audio.. so I turned it to Medium quality and didn't seem to get it really. *shrug*

Thanks for bringing this up! I will give this a try before I move to a new video driver.

I had it real bad. I changed textures to medium and audio to medium and it worked.

Im gonna try putting textures on high again though.

Yea I came home last night at 6pm booted up my pc, opened steam, it automatically started unlocking HL2. I was up and playing in like 10 mins. I don't doubt people had problems...thankfully I didn't.

It's weird how the problems are hit and miss. I bought the retail CE version, got home, installed it and was playing in no time. Although during the install, I got a message that said the Steam registration servers were busy, but I could still play and get my copy validated later. Sure enough, a few hours later, I get a steam message saying my copy has been validated.

Back