Go vote for HL2 ! and others

I'd be happy to toss out some votes if it weren't for their impenetrable flash website. I hate those.

I'm not trying to diss your enthusiasm, just understand that I passionately hate the Video Game Awards. The awards are given away based on show appearance, advertising on SpikeTV and the friggin' show producer. In other words, they are a total sham. I will not support this award show at any cost.

Torgo said:
I'm not trying to diss your enthusiasm, just understand that I passionately hate the Video Game Awards. The awards are given away based on show appearance, advertising on SpikeTV and the friggin' show producer. In other words, they are a total sham. I will not support this award show at any cost.

Just like all award shows =)

Acceptable_Risk said:
I'd be happy to toss out some votes if it weren't for their impenetrable flash website. I hate those.

Im right their with you .... I really dont feel like acting like a rat running through a maze just so I can vote. I hate stupid flash sites.

Lord of Shadows said:
Maybe to someone who knows nothing about computer graphics, like all the voters... =)
uh oh :( .
Those fuckes who play that gay Xbox shit are going to ruin it for the rest of us. Xbox is fucking old, and the only decent games are on PC's anyways

theNoid said:
It does NOT have best grahpics, tech, or isnt the best game. I would vote best FPS though.

HL2 is not God.

not to start a flame war but what games has better graphics?

some of the nominees are a joke. xbox will steal the show like always since the vast majority of what Spike would call "gamers" are nothing more than 13 year olds who dont own a fast enough computer to run hl2/doom3/far cry but rather have an xbox with halo2

Doom3 needs to be replaced with far cry for best PC game for starters, not that either would be able to beat hl2 anyway but doom3....graphics and about 5hours of scaryness but thats about it

You won't get nominated unless your publisher advertises with SpikeTV. Simple as that.

Guys, this thing is totally rigged as a walking commerical to sell more games. This show is a laughing stock among developers.

I had to get a friend to translate all those "gangsta" sprapaintd graphic letters. I don't now why I voted... I'll probably watch it too. Man I suck.

Hard to say what look better buy Doom 3 and Half Life 2. Doom 3 is all about it´s shadows and sacrifice everything else. But funny I like Thief 3:s shadows a lot better than Doom 3:s.

Half Life 2 have a lot more detail and living world but then we have Far Cry that beats both Doom 3 and Half Life 2 in my eyes. They all have their week spots though I don´t see any clear winner in the visual department. Though I enjoy HL 2 and Far Cry:s environment a whole lot more than Doom 3:s but that is personal preference.

As for game I am at Follow Freeman now so I think I am getting near the end of Half Life 2. And yes it will compete with Far Cry for fps of the year. I love HL 2 but I also love Far Cry and to me Far Cry is so much more rewarding. It has far better AI but more important much more ways of doing things. Deeper and more strategic. Two different schools all together. But Far Cry have replay value HL 2 not so I would go for Far Cry. Though Half Life 2 is more polished and have awesome physics. Though Far Crys do it´s job well. To have ready laid up traps everywehere would probably ruin the realistic feel of Far Cry. Wouldn´t work as well anyway because the less scripted AI Far Cry has.

But neither of these games can really touch games like Rome: Total War. I mean people complain about Doom 3 being like going back to 94. You can say the same thing about HL 2 too really except for the physics and visuals.

This award show looks like it'll be as big of a joke as the one they did last year... hosted by a bunch of people who probably have no idea what they're talking about and inexplicably painful to watch. Of course, the real travesty is the nominees and the winners. Last year, they gave a yearly football game refresh GoTY over great games like Vice City and The Wind Waker. And then that game failed to win best sports game. Also, the Enter The Matrix game (typically lowsy movie game) got the nod for best game based on a movie over KoTOR (extremely well reviewed game). Hopefully this will be the second and last year for this show. Good thing anyone that would care about the winners knows what a farce the whole thing is.

some of the nominees are a joke. xbox will steal the show like always since the vast majority of what Spike would call "gamers" are nothing more than 13 year olds who dont own a fast enough computer to run hl2/doom3/far cry but rather have an xbox with halo2

Please pull your head out of your ass. The average console gamer is between 18-22. The next highest age bracket is the 22-28 category. If anything, the average PC gamer is far younger (Why do you think CS has stayed at the top of the food chain for so long?)

Bugalaman said:
Those fuckes who play that gay Xbox shit are going to ruin it for the rest of us. Xbox is fucking old, and the only decent games are on PC's anyways

halo 2 will win.. easily. :p ;) :D

thats not the case here in ephrata, there are a total of about 10 PC gamers to my knowledge, compared to 50 or so console gamers i can think of. as far as im concerned there are a lot of console gamers that are young due to the cost of them.

and, where metroid prime2 in any of the nominees? :(

i bet if you would mention halflife2 to snoop dogg he wouldnt know what you were talking about :cool:

The only way HL2 wins the "best technology" award is if people who dont actually own the the game vote for it. Because most of the owners of this game cant get into the game because the "best technology" wont let them activate it.

GOTY
Half-Life 2 for sure. I've heard from numerous Halo fans that they were somewhat dissapointed with Halo 2. Halo 2 will probably win, however.

Best Game Based on a Movie
They all suck.

Best Performance by a Female
No idea

Best Performance by a Male
Samuel L Jackson will win.

Cyber Vixen of the Year
Don't care

Best Driving Game
NFSU2

Best Action Game
Ninja Gaiden

Best Sports Game
Who knows, they're all the same and have been for years.

Designer of the Year
Never heard of any of these people. John Carmack should be up.

Best FPS
Half-Life 2.

Best PC Game
Half-Life 2

Best Graphics
Doom 3 for sure. I can see f4nboys voting for Halo 2, even tho its graphics are complete garbage compared to Half-Life 2 and Doom 3.

Best New Technology
The 6800 hands down.

Best Handheld
Mario Golf

Best MMORPG
EQII probably, but FFXI will win.

Best Military Game
Rome: Total War blows the competition out of the water.

Viewer's Choice
Uhhh... Katamari Damacy is good, but I'm not sure what this catergory is for.

Bugalaman said:

Are comments like these, from "fuckes" really necessary?

They all suck.
Riddick is a good game, btw

Im voting for H2 as GOTY, i had more fun with it than HL2.

Designer of the Year
Never heard of any of these people. John Carmack should be up.

Jason Jones Fer sure.. Marathon, Myth, And now Halo. He should be recognized more than he is.

Best Graphics
Doom 3 for sure. I can see f4nboys voting for Halo 2, even tho its graphics are complete garbage compared to Half-Life 2 and Doom 3.

I think If you take into account what they had to work with, H2 might be best, what they did on the xbox was more impressive to me than HL2 or Doom 3. I really did'nt want to vote Doom 3 just cause the only thing they have to work on is corridors... I think HL2 would be better choice just because there are so many more textures and different looking things. Just IMHO though.

wow, people are actually gonna watch the second one?

what i remember about the spiketv VGA's "comeback from commercial: okay and the winner for most anticipated game... halo 2! now for 20 minutes of random wrestling"

WickedAngel said:
Please pull your head out of your ass. The average console gamer is between 18-22. The next highest age bracket is the 22-28 category. If anything, the average PC gamer is far younger (Why do you think CS has stayed at the top of the food chain for so long?)
Make sure you know the faqs before opening your mouth and looking like a bigger fool. The average age for a gamer is 29. 40% of most frequent console game players are between 18 and 35 years old;'22% are older than 35. For computer players, 41% are over 35 years old.

Torgo said:
Make sure you know the faqs before opening your mouth and looking like a bigger fool. The average age for a gamer is 29. 40% of most frequent console game players are between 18 and 35 years old;'22% are older than 35. For computer players, 41% are over 35 years old.
Whether he is wrong or not, the more important fact is that the average xbox owner is not a 13 year old who can't afford a computer.

:rolleyes:

I wasn't wrong, genius.

The age brackets I listed were different (And perhaps out of date), but the main age bracket I was accenting still holds true to this very day.

Posted by WickedAngel
The average console gamer is between 18-22. The next highest age bracket is the 22-28 category.

"40% of most frequent console game players are between 18 and 35 years old" proves what I stated earlier. They just chose a larger bracket (A fifteen year bracket) to work with instead of going to general subsections. Make sure you can read the facts before opening your mouth and looking like a bigger fool. The comment about PC gamers was a joke accenting the immaturity portrayed on these boards and that of the CS community; the comment below is the perfect example of this;

I bet Halo 2 is gonna win the best graphics award because of a bunch of folks with xbox that have not seen the glory that is HL2 or Doom 3.

What are they going to "win" exactly? It doesn't matter because in the larger scheme of things, this award show means nothing. Much like the People's Choice Awards, the Blockbuster Awards, MTV Movie Awards and the Vibe Awards. It's cheap to produce, the results are rigged, you sell some advertising and you get a boost in the ratings. I'm hard pressed to name a winner of any of the categories this past year from one of those shows.

The Video Game Award show is no different. Without looking, can you honestly name who won what last year in that show?

ninethreeeleven said:
The only way HL2 wins the "best technology" award is if people who dont actually own the the game vote for it. Because most of the owners of this game cant get into the game because the "best technology" wont let them activate it.

Most of the owners of this game cant get into the game ..... umm that is a totally false statement. Everyone I know who owns it runs it just fine. The people who cannot activate it because they have no internet connection are clearly in the minority. And the people who are too scared to hook their gaming rig up to the internet incase the H@cKORZ steelz their megahurtz should not own a pc anyway.

I would say Halo 2 should win best graphics. I know half-life 2 with water reflect all is uber nice and beautiful. But I also needed a 6800 GT to have it run decently that way.

Halo 2 will win because with the legacy hardware in the xbox it is still able to pull of graphics that beat some pc titles today. For the technology in the xbox it still pwns many pc titles.

Spider man!!!!111!!!! (yeah I am kidding)

Best Driving Game
Richard Burns Rally

Best Action Game
Half Life 2

Best Sports Game
Haven´t played any this year

Designer of the Year
Valve team

Best FPS
Far Cry

Best PC Game
Rome Total War

Best Graphics
Far Cry with stiff competition from HL 2. Doom 3 out of the equation because of the low detail in the game which effectively counter acts it´s great shadow effects. Which are beaten by Thief 3 anyway. HL 2 is more worked through and it shows but Far Crys graphics have more potential. Though HL 2:s animations beats just about everything.

I change that. Far Cry and HL 2 is a draw.

Best New Technology
TrackIR 3 PRO

Best MMORPG
They all suck.

Best Military Game
Rome: Total War of course

Viewer's Choice
Rome Total War .[/QUOTE]

Back