Sister-in-law's a threat to science

Hito Bahadur

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - December 2006
My Sister-in-law is in town and for some reason my wife doesn't think that her sister should have to sleep with 4 computers running in the same room. Doesn't she have any idea the gravity of requesting that I put my farm to sleep??

Oh well, I might try to leave the quietest one on and I have 2 laptops running it..... Also, I borged my first 2 boxen this weekend when I was at my parent's house to Thanksgiving.

Now to try to loose some weight playing Halo 2...

Hito Bahadur said:
My Sister-in-law is in town and for some reason my wife doesn't think that her sister should have to sleep with 4 computers running in the same room. Doesn't she have any idea the gravity of requesting that I put my farm to sleep??

Oh well, I might try to leave the quietest one on and I have 2 laptops running it..... Also, I borged my first 2 boxen this weekend when I was at my parent's house to Thanksgiving.

Now to try to loose some weight playing Halo 2...

If you want to keep them going why not suggest that you sleep in that room and let the 2 siblings sleep together in your bed.

This may seem strange to some but I believe it is perfectly normal behaviour in redneck country where it would be expected that all 3 of you would share the same bed and perversions even if one of those was a father/mother :D

It’s like any other relationship, you marry both families, the dogs, cats, aunts, uncles, convicts and of course the computers…….all comes with the package. ;)

She and her boyfriend have 4 computers running at their apartment.... Maybe I can convince them to fold.... doubtful though.

THe females of my family always complain about pc noise but if they goto sleep and you then turn them on they never notice ...

I must say you are being one rude family member. Turning them off isn't a threat to science. At worst it postpones the miracle results from being discovered for about 24 hours. At best someone else is going to find that miracle result.
Suck it up and remember the house doesn't revolve around you.

theyangster said:
Ya..your thumb fat... :p

ahhhh!!! puts bad images in my head.. :eek:

I think you should try to explain what you are doing, and then ask her if she really wants to stop scientific progress and cancer research. Play the shame card. Actually play all the cards you can... It's your house, and its your farm.... don't let some sister in law or wife push you around.

Also, after you are done explaining, and you most certainly have said something to make the wifey mad, make sure you have some nice flowers on hand. :D

apHytHiaTe said:
It's your house, and its your farm
...have said something to make the wifey mad, make sure you have some nice flowers on hand....

Way to go defining who's house it is :rolleyes:

Wait....If I piss off the sister, then I could get rid of the "wifey."

Then I could afford more boxen on the farm...... Now there's a Christmas present that won't be quickly forgotten.

Hito Bahadur said:
Wait....If I piss off the sister, then I could get rid of the "wifey."

Then I could afford more boxen on the farm...... Now there's a Christmas present that won't be quickly forgotten.
i seriously question your sanity. I don't know anyone who can be that sarcastic... wait... :eek:

MeanieMan said:
I must say you are being one rude family member. Turning them off isn't a threat to science. At worst it postpones the miracle results from being discovered for about 24 hours. At best someone else is going to find that miracle result.
Suck it up and remember the house doesn't revolve around you.

Actually, since I am the center of the universe, while I am at home, the house does revolve around me. It's a complicated science thing and hard to understand. :p

3 a.m. In my neck of the woods. Mmmm, Frosty. :p

BillR said:
It’s like any other relationship, you marry both families, the dogs, cats, aunts, uncles, convicts and of course the computers…….all comes with the package. ;)
You forgot the squirrels. My wife's family is full of them. :D

Wow did this get hijacked...

I say underclock them and run the fans at 5v. You'll still get production and they'll be quiet at the same time..

She's toast. I kicked her out today. :cool:

She can put that in her pipe and smoke it!

No,

My sister-in-law left, as scheduled, today.... But it sounds much better the way I first said it.

:D

Edit for Folding Points:

Brett13 said:
This is the most awesome/rediculous dc thread ever.

The ridiculous part is that the wife and sister-in-law saw the thread.... I'm not certain I have heard the end of this one.... Any one have a couch and a power cord (for sleeping and folding respectively)?

Hito Bahadur said:
The ridiculous part is that the wife and sister-in-law saw the thread.... I'm not certain I have heard the end of this one.... Any one have a couch and a power cord (for sleeping and folding respectively)?

If need be, Brotha!

Hito Bahadur said:
Actually, since I am the center of the universe, while I am at home, the house does revolve around me. It's a complicated science thing and hard to understand. :p
A statement like that will come back and bite you every time!

Hito Bahadur said:

As for a place to sleep, the best I can do is a piece of carpet on the floor. What can I say, It's only a 2 bedroom apartment and I'm just staying there. The apartment renter has one bedroom (even though she usually sleeps on the loveseat in the living room) and the other bedroom is for her daughter and my son.

Power would be a bit more of a problem if you can't help out on that one. There's nowhere in the apartment for any systems, but we could probably make some room in my friend's house where my two systems are. I'm sure he wouldn't mind as long as you can help pay the electric. :p

SmokeRngs said:
As for a place to sleep, the best I can do is a piece of carpet on the floor. What can I say, It's only a 2 bedroom apartment and I'm just staying there. The apartment renter has one bedroom (even though she usually sleeps on the loveseat in the living room) and the other bedroom is for her daughter and my son.

Power would be a bit more of a problem if you can't help out on that one. There's nowhere in the apartment for any systems, but we could probably make some room in my friend's house where my two systems are. I'm sure he wouldn't mind as long as you can help pay the electric. :p

Actually the wife thought it was pretty funny. She has a site where the wives are always ripping the husbands, so I think I'm safe. I do appreciate the support though. You all are a good group of people. If anyone is up in Rhode Island at some point let me know.

My wife makes me turn off all the computers in the basement when family comes over and sleeps in the basement room. She is afraid of a fire of all things. One thing I have done to quiet things down is go to SilenX and replace all the case fans and the hsf with these quiet little puppies. I even replace the fans in the power supplys. It makes a big difference. If she doesn't hear them, she may ignore/forget about them... ;)

molson3530 said:
And the Moose hasn't even posted yet :D Scary.

I'm sure he'll be lumbering in any moment now. Then the thread will be hijacked for at least the second, maybe 3rd time. :p

Before I comment on the whole who sleeps with who sleeping arrangement deal I have one thing to say. PICS!!!!!! :D

pageian said:
I'm sure he'll be lumbering in any moment now. Then the thread will be hijacked for at least the second, maybe 3rd time. :p

Before I comment on the whole who sleeps with who sleeping arrangement deal I have one thing to say. PICS!!!!!! :D

This thread would hit a new low if pics started flying. Image sister-in-law as Winona Ryder.

Hito Bahadur said:
This thread would hit a new low if pics started flying. Image sister-in-law as Winona Ryder.

Okay, now I'm going to have to demand some PICS, lots of them :)

So did she try to steal anything as she was leaving? :p

pageian said:
Okay, now I'm going to have to demand some PICS, lots of them :)

So did she try to steal anything as she was leaving? :p

Not that I know of, and she definately wouldn't admit to it....

Man, some of you guys need to take some sense of humor training.

Back