IS7-G help needed

I have an IS7-G with 2.4C running at 250FSB without any problems for almost a year.
Problem started when I downloaded the new CPU-Z and found out that my Gail Golden Dragon PC3500 memory has timing 2-4-4-7, so I tried to adjust bios setting to match that. PC wouldn't boot at all and I had to reset my bios.
Now I got it back to 250FSB, but I am experiencing random crashes. None of the benchmark problem, 3DMark03, PCMark04, 3DMark05 could complete without the machine crashing.
Anyway, I am running at 1.6V vCore, 5:4 DRAM and fixed AGP/PCI bus. I can't remember N/B Strap setting I had, and I remember reading something about that setting could cause system to be unstable.
Also, I am reading some of you guys are running 300FSB with this board and CPU, I can't get it to start at anything above 250FSB. Why is that? What are the settings that you guys are running?
Any gurus out there can help me out? Thanks in advance.

Same boat here, highest I can get without crashes, tried higher voltages and what have you but no luck. I always settled with the fact that it was as high as my chip could go, 2.4GHz to 3GHz isn't too bad anyways but yes, I always would like more :)

I'd be happy if I can get it to run stable at 3GHz again.. what kind of bios settings are you using?
If somehow I can get it beyond 3, that would be cool too.. but I am not too crazy about that.. building a new project with 3.2E and watercooling.. hoping to go over 4GHz.

my golden dragon is running at 2.5, 3, 3, 7. lock agp/pci 66/33 , nb strap at 800mhz, ram ratio at 5:4, agp voltage all the way up, ram voltage all the way up, vcore one step above stock, GAT Settings ANADD. try those settings

301fsb.jpg

holy crap!!! That's very nice man.. Is heat a problem at this speed? I assume you on watercooling.

nope, on stock air cooling. I only had it up that high for a little bit..I was just experimenting. try the settings I posted and see what yours can do.

Back