how do i upload images?

Status
Not open for further replies.

[H]ard|Gawd
how do you upload pictures? I want to upload some images but i'm not sure how to do it.. feel free to nub me all you want. its just not something i care to do often.

www.iupload.net

username: genmay
password: genmay2003

select the pictures you want to upload, then just copy the links that they give you and put them in image tags ([|mg]LINK GOES HERE[/img]) if iupload doesn't do it for you

You have to be careful when using services limited to only a few or even one web site as is this one. As long as the owner doesn't mind, it's fine, but in the past we have found that the images will disappear or be changed to something totally different if the owner takes exception to it's use. ;)

MajorDomo said:
You have to be careful when using services limited to only a few or even one web site as is this one. As long as the owner doesn't mind, it's fine, but in the past we have found that the images will disappear or be changed to something totally different if the owner takes exception to it's use. ;)

good point, but the owner of the mentioned site lists [H]ard Forums as an authorized site

too bad it's been down so much lately

www.uploadyourimages.com works great, it's all free image hosting all you do is upload it to there and they give you the links you need. Not sure how long the image stays there but i know it stays for at least like 2 months which should be fine.

workingnonstop said:
www.iupload.net

select the pictures you want to upload, then just copy the links that they give you and put them in image tags ([|mg]LINK GOES HERE[/img]) if iupload doesn't do it for you
Seems upload.net is offline. Had to transfer my pics to imageshack.

This is the major drawback with the free hosting sites. They usually end up losing their ISP for bandwidth suckage extreme and shut down the site. Most of the broadband companies include your own hosted webpage included in your fee....park your images there and not have to worry about having to upload them again. :cool:

qdemn7 said:
Seems upload.net is offline. Had to transfer my pics to imageshack.

MajorDomo said:
This is the major drawback with the free hosting sites. They usually end up losing their ISP for bandwidth suckage extreme and shut down the site. Most of the broadband companies include your own hosted webpage included in your fee....park your images there and not have to worry about having to upload them again. :cool:
do you know how I can do this, but using a cool uploader interface like the one linked above?

google "celeron dude uploader download" but most ISP's only give you FTP access to your "personal web space" that needs your server to support PHP, look on your ISP's site for more info (most have good guides)

and iupload is down as said above, there is a big drama thread over at genmay (.com) on it.

imageshack is a great site though!

workingnonstop said:
www.iupload.net

iupload is a steaming pile of shit that goes down more than any other site I've ever seen

www.supload.com is a much better solution

I like uploadit.org. They cap you at 20 images per Email account, but I find that they have a very good service and their server's are rarely, if ever, down. Besides, once you're done with an image you can always remove it to open up more space.

Here's another one.

http://www.systekonline.com/upload
Any file type can be uploaded, not just images.
With image uploads, you can choose to have it automatically create the image tags for these forums or other forums that support BBCode.

Email activation is not required. There is 50mb storage per account, with a max file size limit of 8mb. There is no limit on bandwidth.

This thread is part of the FAQ sticky, so I'll close it now and thanks for all of the links.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back