tsunami noise?

Has anyone got a thermaltake tsunami case?
if so, how loud are the case fans?
if they are loud, and i had only vantec stealth fans (2 x 120mm and 1 x 90mm over CPU) would this be enough to keep system cool (is an SLI system with fx-55)
thanks
f

I have the Thermaltake Tsunami but i havn't got it up and running yet. The 120mm fans seem to make the case a little louder then some but when Anandtech reviewed the case it had the best cooling out of all the cases tested.

http://www.anandtech.com/casecooling/showdoc.aspx?i=2202&p=9

If the fans are loud you can always replace them for quiet ones or stick them on a rheostat so they aren't running at full speed.

Hey i have the case, the cooling is decent, i'm not 100% sure on the readouts but here is what my temps look like.
Remote Temp: 44C
Local Temp: 31C
Temp 1: 34C
Temp 2: 32C
Temp 3: 29C
HD: 28C

Underload it usually reaches about 41C on the Local Temp.

The noise however is quite loud i think. Kinda sounds like a jet, I know I can't sleep in my bedroom with it on. Not sure which fans are actually making the noise. Room is great inside, and easy to install drives.

I have the Tsunami.The original case fans were too loud for me. I replace them with SilenX 120mm LED fans and 92mm side fan. The case cools just fine and I barely notice any fan noise now. The CPU fan is the only noise I hear if I open the case. The temperatures have stayed vitually the same:

Original fans SilenX
CPU 33 31
MB 26 26

So if you use a quality quiet case fan, I think you should be gtg. I haven't used the Vantecs, so I can't comment on their capabilities. I know that some "stealth" fans (i.e. Coolermaster) barely push anything at all.

Back