Dell Poweredge SC420 For $229!!! Celery 325J

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn. Beat me to it.

I just bought one 15 minutes ago. $245 after Tax. Awesome Deal.

I also bought one 2 weeks ago for $330 total. 2.8/256mb/40gb I've got it and set it up. Running good with WinXP Pro w/ SP2.

$229 is so cheap. I'm glad I got in on it. I sat starring at the screen for 10 minutes thinking if I should do it. Well I did it.

I know, I was kicking myself last week for not getting one. I hear you can mod the 8x PCIe slot to fit a 16x vid card. Should be fun to find out.

YAY free shipping
I dont know what i'm going to do with it
But its now on the way to me

it will work good as a samba server

elfletcho said:
I know, I was kicking myself last week for not getting one. I hear you can mod the 8x PCIe slot to fit a 16x vid card. Should be fun to find out.

Check this site for info regarding above quote: http://www.aaltonen.us/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1999

Modding the slot is much easier said than done. Even after it is done, allegedly there are some compatibilty issues. Read the link in its entirety for info.

I just got mine last week, and I must tell you, this is one fine machine. I have ALWAYS bashed the celeron for being a pile of crap, and this box is certainly making me eat my words. CPU hits 100% every now and then when opening programs, but otherwise it is ROCK stable. Quiet as all hell (as if hell is really quiet, now?) with a damn sexy case to boot. Buy this box for the components...if you really want a video card I would recommend just getting a new mobo.

webkido13 said:
Looks like aaltones.us got hit by the Net-Worm.Perl.Santy.a worm.

God damn punks. Why can't teenagers write shit that attacks useless websites, ie. RIAA, MPAA, us.gov, u get the picture.

joecool234 said:
God damn punks. Why can't teenagers write shit that attacks useless websites, ie. RIAA, MPAA, us.gov, u get the picture.

i see someone might be a little disappointed at the disappearance of suprnova

yeah I am to.....

Wish I had the $$$ for this right now. It would be nice for my MAME box. Maybe I can sell something.

We're Sorry
spacer.gif

spacer.gif

The page you requested may no longer exist on Dell.com

DAMN!!! It's even cheaper now.

For $229. 2.53Cel/512MB/80GB

I got 2.53/256/40 for $229 2 days ago. And it shipped yesterday.

I wish I needed to buy another one at the price it's at now. Just watch tomorrow it will be even cheaper. I think they need to get rid of them or something.

How'd you get 229? I'm getting 234. Nonetheless I did some Newegg referencing and the components come out to be ~$300, not including the case, psu, and mobo.

It started out at $224 then the free upgrade of the ram and 50% off the upgrade to the 80gig hard drive is $5.

= $229.

Oh ok, I see now. Is there any difference between the "Great Upgrade" hard drive and the $5 less one?

No, they just want your money and hope people don't see things like that. It's just like the free keyboard and mouse that you have to select to actually get.

revan said:
No, they just want your money and hope people don't see things like that. It's just like the free keyboard and mouse that you have to select to actually get.
Yea you have to double check everything in your order.

elfletcho said:
http://www1.us.dell.com/content/topics/promo.aspx/q4wk8_pedge_coupon2?c=us&cs=04&l=en&s=bsd

Yeah, it is with a celery 325J but ....$229 BUCKS!!! $249 with a 80 Gig SATA and PC4200 mem.

That link isn't working for some reason. Try this one: http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/compare.aspx/sc?c=us&cs=04&l=en&s=bsd and click customize it on the SC420. Have to futz around with the options to get it down to $229.

Let's see. 2.53GHz, 512MB (2x256MB sticks), 48X CDrom, 1 year Warranty, 80GB 7,200 RPM drive, Logitech PS/2 2-button Mouse with Scroll (LOL $19 to add a 2 button mouse instead), Standard Windows Keyboard, and a "Tape Media,IDE,Travan40,20/40GB,1 Pack" (is this a drive and media, or just the media?) for $229 shipped, not bad. $240.97 after taxes here.

I jumped on board as well, this will make a nice stable colo box... of course, i'm allergic to celery :-p so i had to upgrade to the p4... still 328 for a 2.8 p4 with 80gb drive and all that jazz... nice deal

I got the Celeron for $229 and the P4 for $309.

I got the P4 system a couple days ago and will get the Celeron system tomorrow.

Attention anyone who has purchased one of these systems within the last 30 days....call Dell for a credit. I purchased my SC420 the beginning of this month for $279 (2.5 cel, 512MB, 80GB HD). Now, the identical sytem is going for $229. I just got off the phone with them, and they credited my CC $50. Merry XMas. And yes, this is the deal of the century!!!!!!

joecool234 said:
Attention anyone who has purchased one of these systems within the last 30 days....call Dell for a credit. I purchased my SC420 the beginning of this month for $279 (2.5 cel, 512MB, 80GB HD). Now, the identical sytem is going for $229. I just got off the phone with them, and they credited my CC $50. Merry XMas. And yes, this is the deal of the century!!!!!!
That's cool. Congrats. I think I got mine at the cheapest possible.

Is the bump up to the Pentium 4 worth it? I also noticed that you can't get the 5 dollar upgrade for the 80gigger anymore. It's now 10 bucks.

It's only $435 with a 2.8GHz P4 and 1GB of DDR2-400. If I was looking at a new system that's what I would do, then sell the HDD back to dell(I got plenty of extras). Throw in a new mobo and you're ready for some overclocking action.

Since I wont be building a HTPC for another six months, nah.

tom61 said:
That link isn't working for some reason. Try this one: http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/compare.aspx/sc?c=us&cs=04&l=en&s=bsd and click customize it on the SC420. Have to futz around with the options to get it down to $229.

Let's see. 2.53GHz, 512MB (2x256MB sticks), 48X CDrom, 1 year Warranty, 80GB 7,200 RPM drive, Logitech PS/2 2-button Mouse with Scroll (LOL $19 to add a 2 button mouse instead), Standard Windows Keyboard, and a "Tape Media,IDE,Travan40,20/40GB,1 Pack" (is this a drive and media, or just the media?) for $229 shipped, not bad. $240.97 after taxes here.

Tom, I missed that tape option, but I'm pretty sure it's just for the media as the tape units are above. I wouldn't go for it as I have no use for a blank tape (unless it's for audio)

I missed it the first time around but got it the second time. You could sell it on ebay??

i got a question about this real quick before i buy one...

"The PowerEdge SC420 is ideal for your first server & network.
Note: For server use only; CANNOT BE USED AS A DESKTOP.
Dell does not support the use of a graphics card on the SC420."

now does that mean it comes with no graphics card? or is there still a way to connect it to a monitor and use it as a desktop...?

atherton213 said:
i got a question about this real quick before i buy one...

"The PowerEdge SC420 is ideal for your first server & network.
Note: For server use only; CANNOT BE USED AS A DESKTOP.
Dell does not support the use of a graphics card on the SC420."

now does that mean it comes with no graphics card? or is there still a way to connect it to a monitor and use it as a desktop...?

It still has onboard video

no big deal about sound im not gonne use it as a desktop...... so out of the people who have bought them... what do you guys use them for? and what OS are you running....

I got 2. I really havent decided what to do with them yet. Both have Win XP Pro w/ SP2 to start with. My brother is using one as a desktop and the other one is 100% Folding.

dunno if I'm dumb or what, but the lowest im getting it is $353, I don't know what Im doing wrong. did they up the prices? thanks

stinky - drop the proc to a cellery and you'll have your price. also make sure you drop the raid config and the second hdd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back