my LL pc-76

Devilpup

[H]ard|Gawd
after a year of living with a hot shuttle box and laptop i was able to rebuild a water-cooled system. well, more like after a year of being deployed i'm finally home again lol, but anyways....

some of you may remember that i posed an issue i had with the post office where they basically destroyed the shuttle i used to have. well after a couple of months, they said it looks like i did everything right and that it would get paid on my insurance claim, so i went ahead and purchased new parts:

1 x a64 3400+
2 x 512mb crucial ballistix ddr
1 x 6800gt

added that to stuff i had already purchased for this build and have the following:

llfront.JPG

oooohhhh.....

llinside.JPG

mmmmm.....

llside.JPG

sweet bubbly goodness....

lltop.JPG

and a little bit of bling.

lian-li pc76 server case (huge) stuffed with liquid-gaming goodness. using dfi lanparty mobo (and onboard sound, it's not bad at all) and my old-school-customized-for-110v-waterpump enermax psu, it's up and running like a charm. some specs-

chassis & air:
lian-li pc76 case (6 x 5.25, 2 x 3.5, 12 x hdd)
431w enermax psu (modded w/ 110v connector, 80mm and 92mm panaflo L @ 5v each)
4 x 80mm panaflo L (intake)
4 x 120mm evercool aluminum (1 intake, 3 exhaust through radiator)
crystalfontz lcd display
lian-li card reader
0 x lights, windows

cooling:
swifty mcw6000 cpu block
dd 6800 block
eheim 1048 pump
thermochill 120.3 rad
aqua-tube res
3/8" tubing (yep, so much easier to route than 1/2")

components (in addition to what i already mentioned):
74gb raptor hdd
lite-on dvdrw
lite-on dvd/cdrw combo

it's pretty bare on the storage side for right now since i'm still living off of a 200g external drive, i plan to add at least 2 x 250gb hdds in the near future. i know the cd-rom drive covers weren't meant for use with this model of chassis, but that was a fairly simple fix.

as far as the tower itself, it was expensive but i love it. the quality is superb and there is enough room inside to load up 2TB of storage without a problem and still have a quick gaming piece. i shoved the pump inside one of the hdd cages though to kinda clean up the look a little, so i only have 6 slots available instead of 12. relocating the pump is easy though.

comments?

awesome setup! how many 5.25's do you lose by mounting the auqa-tube there? keep up the good work :)

actually with the way this case is constructed, i only lose the top bay if i turn the aquatube around. otherwise you'd lose 2-3 bays depending on how you do your tubing.

That's really nice... I like the way the PSU blends with the rest of the case. The wiring is nearly perfect (oknot quite) but everything is really nice. Good job.

so the snt-systems grill works well w/ a thermochill? Anybody know if it'd work with a Black Ice Extreme II?

temps under load (hours of d3 or WOW):

cpu: low 40's
gpu: low 50's

it's not geared for max cooling performance but it's a hell of a lot better than my shuttle that was getting into the upper 50's for the cpu and mid 60's for the gpu

the aqua-computer grill doesn't exactly play nice with the thermochill radiator. the spacing on the radiator is too spread apart for the grill, so what i wound up doing was just using the two end brackets for the radiator mounts (there are 3 and all are removeable) and omitting the center bracket. i had to drill & tap new holes in the rad itself but that is no problem and absolutely no risk of puncturing the core. even then, it still doesn't like the bolt location for the radiator hold down screws as they hit one of the brackets. it's not too much trouble to make it fit, but it's no direct bolt-in. the good thing about the thermochill radiator over the BIX is that the mounting brackets on the thermochill are seperate pieces so it's much more mod-friendly.

*edit for 'nother dog pic

jaws.JPG

Looks excellent. Hopefully my PC-75 will get all cut up sometime in the first week(s) of Jan and I'll have my water setup done too... I am pretty excited, mine is not all that different from yours :D

Nice dog, too. :p

Back