Thermaltake Stacker?

tonyou

Limp Gawd
I was browsing through a computer magazine from Taiwan and saw this pic showcasing BTX cases at one of Intel's recent conferences. That case on the far right looks like... Well, judge for yourself! :D

140l1w

Hope Coolermaster gets them :D
Guess Tt is taking case making tips from the pros.
"Lawsuit! Lawsuit! Lawsuit!"

I wish thermaltake would just give up making cases. They all look like crap. Mebbe CM will sue them into obilivion. That would be sweet.

dont get me wrong some of their fans and heatskinks arent bad but i just really hate the style of the cases they make

Honestly, I think it looks pretty good even though it's obvious where they got the idea from.

Yes, one of the product managers over at CM showed us this on CM's forums about 2 weeks ago. It's so awful.

BossNoodleKaboodle said:
The Tsunami is pretty much a wave master ripoff in the looks department.

Other then the "wave" style front, what other resemblance do they have? lol

What other option did they have to put on the front of a case called "Tsunami"?

The Tsunami is set up alot better inside then the Wavemaster is and everything is completely tooless.

That's what makes it the Wavemaster. The front. If it was flat, it would be a Praetorian or the ATC-110.

(They took the top I/O panel by the way...)

It should be better because it came out after the Wavemaster and a revision, but they failed at that...

burningrave101 said:
What other option did they have to put on the front of a case called "Tsunami"?

That's the second time this has been said, and it grates on me. You don't design cases by picking a name and then designing a case based on your visualization of the name.

TT took the Wavemaster's front bezel, added some gay LEDs, and put their ugly logo on it. They aren't fooling anyone, they ripped the case's looks off from CM. Shit, Tsunami is basically a synonym of Wavemaster.

TT takes decent case designs, bastardizes them and rices them out, and becomes one of the top sellers in the market. It makes me sick.

iirc the wavemaster and the tsunami were both designed by the same person, or atleast thats what maximumpc said

I think they're all bullshit when you look at the IBM workstation and server cases. I want one of those. TT's and shit look so gimmicky by comparison.

3N1GM4 said:
iirc the wavemaster and the tsunami were both designed by the same person, or atleast thats what maximumpc said

They were. The Wavemaster was designed by the guys of ATC and TT stole the design from them.

[Edit] - Didn't they say in a later issue that they made a mistake about that?

Mr. Miyagi said:
They were. The Wavemaster was designed by the guys of ATC and TT stole the design from them.

[Edit] - Didn't they say in a later issue that they made a mistake about that?

Which Maximum PC issue was that?

waddles said:
That's the second time this has been said, and it grates on me. You don't design cases by picking a name and then designing a case based on your visualization of the name.

According to who? Just exactly how would you know anything about the manufacturing and design work involved in coming up with a new idea for a case? Do you construct cases for a living? I seriously doubt it. :rolleyes:

waddles said:
TT took the Wavemaster's front bezel, added some gay LEDs, and put their ugly logo on it. They aren't fooling anyone, they ripped the case's looks off from CM. Shit, Tsunami is basically a synonym of Wavemaster.

TT takes decent case designs, bastardizes them and rices them out, and becomes one of the top sellers in the market. It makes me sick.

Why should it bother you? Unless you work for Cooler Master you have NOTHING to lose from a thousand different companies all making cases that look like the Wavemaster.

I've worked with both the Tsunami and the Wavemaster and the Tsunami has a totally different interior with better tooless features and the black finish is way better then the finish on the Wavemaster.

The fact the Tsunami uses 120mm fans instead of small 80mm fans is enough reason to go with the Tsunami right there.

I would of bought of a CM Wavemaster if i thought it was even slightly better then the TT Tsunami which IMO it is not.

I wasn't trying to flame you, I was just making a point. I find it highly doubtful that case designers pick a word and then make a case based on that word. I could be wrong, I'm not a case designer, but that would be an ass-backwards way of doing things, imo.

It bothers me when people take designs from other people, no matter what it is. No, I don't work for CM, but I do buy and enjoy their products, and want to do so for a long time into the future, when TT and other companies rip them off it certainly isn't good for them.

I haven't worked with either of the cases so I can't say which one is better on features, but I know that the Wavemaster is far superior to the Tsunami in the looks department (imo of course). I don't like the way TT conducts their business, or the looks or "features" (Xaser series, anyone?) of their cases, and will not buy a TT product in the future.

Back