New Drivers Are Out..beta

swirly

Gawd
new beta drivers are out.. but theyre weird.. i run good.. i htink it got rid fo stuttering in CS:S

i wanna see some benchmarks b4 i install these! :p

cs:s vst, doom3, 3dmark 03 or 05, far cry etc etc etc.. :)

well.. since u guys are so lazy (j/k) i decided to install these and run a short round of cs:s vst... the last driver i had was 71.20

both test were ran @ 1600x1200 4xAA 16xAF Highest everything in the option.
Nvidia control panel had the visual setting on "Quality"
On my 6800ultra@ 425/1100 (stock)

71.20=91.28
71.24=93.37

not bad i guess.. a 2fps gain :)

next up, I will brb with 3dmark05 results

The IQ on them is insane! My ut2k4 looks REAL nice now compared to 71.20 and the modded ones that some people were talking about those were horrible and laggy. CS:S still runs "strange" but i think thats the lack of codepath for my video card which seems that it will never show. Even at 140 fps it doesn't look right... ugh...

yikes.. i loose almost 150 points in 3dmark05 hehe.... i went from a 5774---->5620 with the 71.24's and i tested 3 times too, all the three runs i got 5615 on teh first, 5617 on the second, then i rebooted for a fresh run and got 5620... o well i am keeping them anyways because they are faster in cs:s which means they are faster in HL2 :)

Tazman2 said:
The IQ on them is insane! My ut2k4 looks REAL nice now compared to 71.20 and the modded ones that some people were talking about those were horrible and laggy. CS:S still runs "strange" but i think thats the lack of codepath for my video card which seems that it will never show. Even at 140 fps it doesn't look right... ugh...

yeah i think these do look better.. in cs:s, things looked smoother and had more contrast to them :)

glad you like them guys.. um.. any of you know when the REAL drivers are coming out.. i get a really annoying BSOD on my geforce 6600GT and my 66.93 drivers.. idont feel like installing drivers every beta!!

i was getting 4400 in 3dmark 05 with 66.93 then installed the 71.24 and got 4681 390/795 16x6 on my 6800nu

and if you install 71.20 you will get another 150 points in 05' for some reason hehe

i hate how on the 6600GT you get weird glitches in cs:s with the 66.93's .. i just cant wait for the real nvidia driver.. hopefully theyll run betteri n osurce.. and hoefully valve updates new models and new map etc.. k thanks.. Gotta Love IT!!

I downloaded them and in FarCry the ground turns black in random spots beneath your feet.

World of Warcraft has weird glitches in empty UI squares. I also got flashing water after 45 mins of playtime. It also seemed that the card ran hotter in that period, but that may have just been me.

I got the same glitches in WOW, also if you log out and log in a new character it creates "horizontal rows" in certain text blocks, needless to say I reinstalled the official Nvidia drivers.

Sounds like there are a lot of problems with these drivers. I think I'll stay away from them for the time being. :(

Crashed Windows on me. No speed improvement over 71.20. Stay away from them.

Seems to work okay with me, but I have not tried it with any games yet.....

BSOD for me. Same thing happened with 71.20's. I also get poor performance and wierd sync problems. Hard to explain, but like half the screen would warp/lag then catch up to the lower half the screen. Nvidia's drivers suck big time.

gsboriqua said:
BSOD for me. Same thing happened with 71.20's. I also get poor performance and wierd sync problems. Hard to explain, but like half the screen would warp/lag then catch up to the lower half the screen. Nvidia's drivers suck big time.
...they're beta's, this is to be expected.

I hear word of an official 70.xx release from nvidia shortly in a week or so? Nice new year gift?

I haven't ran into a 70 series driver that worked well with WoW. I've found that the Quadro certified 67.22's work well for me, shimmering is really not noticeable to me with those.

Grandmasta_J said:
I haven't ran into a 70 series driver that worked well with WoW. I've found that the Quadro certified 67.22's work well for me, shimmering is really not noticeable to me with those.

That's probably because all the 70.xx have been beta....

These drivers work fine in all my games. WoW works fine if you plug the empty slots with items/spells. The speed boost in WoW is worth it over the minor empty slot problem that can be fixed with placing items in them.

Sigh, been through 3 different drivers, one official. They all at the very least cause Doom3 to hang/crash my system. Two of them BSOD windows on boot. Sad.

yuck.. i just played half life 2, and black graphical glitches almost every second... gay.. i am going back to 71.20 extreme g's

ignitionxvi said:
...they're beta's, this is to be expected.

I understand that but when they release official drivers every couple of months, the betas are looked to in order to increase performance or issues. Something that hasn't been happening. Performance on these cards are craptacular. The pausing once per level still has yet to be eliminated (yes I tried every trick posted here, nvnews, and various other forums). High res with eye candy turned on just doesn't happen. It cracks me up how everyone touts how future proof these cards are, yet they can't even play todays games for crap (probably due to the drivers, but a poor performer is a poor performer, regardless of reason).

winston856 said:
Y'all should just use the 67.22's there WQHLed and they work great.

I'll have to try these out.

your pausing every level seems to be fastwrite on or something.. but anyways... besides thsoe new crappy drivers, HL2 is ALOT better now with all those stuttering gone.. i am loving it! hehe

I still get stuttering while playing HL2 with my 6800GT. its REALLY ANNOYING, i'll give these drivers a shot

br1zz0 said:
I still get stuttering while playing HL2 with my 6800GT. its REALLY ANNOYING, i'll give these drivers a shot

I feel your pain... same with my 6800GT-OC

maybe this will finally ease my suffering

Back