Dell 2405FPW 24" inch on the way?????

Digitized

n00b
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are the first links on Dell's site for the 2405FPW, showing up in the higher ed site of all places first:

click

click

Same pages in the Dell Home/Home Office area:

click

click

The UltraSharp(TM) 2405FPW will be on sale for $1,199 in the Americas and Europe on March 1, 2005. The wide-screen monitor is ideal for graphics professionals, computing enthusiasts and gamers.
link:click

And some specs for her enjoyment:

24" Viewable Image Size Largest available viewable image size in Dell's Flat Panel Monitor Portfolio

1920x1200 Native Resolution Provides gamers and graphics professionals with best in class image detail.

12ms (typ) Response Time Enables crisp clear images when using the display for fast motion video such as gaming or video editing.

Dual input support 3 Digital (DVI) or Analog connection allowing for max versatility.

CE Inputs S-video, composite and component inputs allow for CE connectivity.

P-I-P (Picture-in-Picture) Users can and view alternative source video from a CE device with a touch of single PiP (Picture-in-Picture) button. View both your PC content and alternative source video at the same time. The P/P (PIP, PBP) feature supports viewing of two content sources simultaneously, where PC Input is the primary source and any of the AV Inputs is the secondary source.

Easy to access 4 port USB Hub and 9-in-1 card reader allowing easy access for your favorite peripheral devices.

It hasnt shown up yet on the shopping pages, though it does say "COMING MARCH 2005"

Review @ Extremetech.com:
click

special thanks to Ed for suplying info and links

yeah baby, bring it on!

who makes dell's panels, btw?

Am not sure if there is just one panel maker that Dell uses. But from reading that link info I am thinking it might be Samsungs new Panel which is a 24 inch. This might be info for it here:

http://www.samsung.com/Products/TFTLCD/common/product_list.aspx?family_cd=LCD01
and here:
http://www.samsung.com/Products/TFTLCD/Monitors_n_Industrial/LTM240M1/LTM240M1.htm

But who knows, maybe it is from elsewhere. I am looking forward to this because Dell could put some price sense in the market. I want one of these Widescreens. Hope they add some bells and whistles to that puppy.

from that registry site it seems that they released the 2005 about a month after they registered it right? sowe should be expecting it to come out on their website in the next couple of weeks, i hope? if it is like there 2005 then it should be awesome.
-rob

LxT said:
yeah baby, bring it on!

who makes dell's panels, btw?

to my knowledge they only use Samsungs, but im sure that they may use cheaper brands...
but i know that my new 1704fpv is a samsung.

I think the 2001 FP is an LG Philips panel. Someone nail me if I am wrong there.

Sneak said:
I think the 2001 FP is an LG Philips panel. Someone nail me if I am wrong there.
I believe you're right. I've got the 2001FP and just ordered HP's L2335 23" widescreen on New Year's Eve. The specs on that panel have me thinking I'll be returning the HP for the new Dell. :p

I'm glad I skipped the 2005FP. I need my 1900x1200 native.

I hope dell comes through in 1Q. the 20" WS isn't an option for me, as the height is about same as a 17" 4x3. And the current LG 23" crop does not look as good as the Samsung 243T, but the 243T has a slow response time. So I'm hoping the next crop of 23/4" panel will do it for me. Plus I love Dell cause they really know how to drive down the price.

Same here. I just cancelled my two-day old order for an HP L2335 to wait for this upcoming 2405FPW. :D

After the quality of the fp2005, I'd take alot of care before ordering another Dell monitor.

poison123 said:
After the quality of the fp2005, I'd take alot of care before ordering another Dell monitor.

Ditto here. I am on my second one and it also needs to be replaced.

Geez, I didn't know about the quality problems with the 2005. My 2001FP has been great with no problems at all. The only reason I want to get a new LCD is for the widescreen. Maybe I oughtta stick with the HP.

Decisions, decisions... HA!! :rolleyes: :p

Well I'm on my 3rd Dell Widescreen, and I'm seriously just thinking about getting a refund. This one is getting progressively worse now. Started out perfect and a couple weeks later its getting really bad bleed through :(

I Have heard about some of the issues with the 2005 fpw. Mostly backlight bleeding. Curious, only hear about the ones with trouble. I wonder how many bad ones there are. And how many good ones there are we never hear about, Supposedly the 2001 FW was widely appreciated from buyers. Dell does have a pretty good return policy though. Reguardless, I am holding out to check out the specs and whathaveyou on this Dell monitor. You never know. Might be the ticket/

I have a Dell 19 inch CRT that is pushing 6 to 7 years old and it still works well. I believe it is a Samsung as well. Samsung makes good stuff. Will see what electronics and specs Dell has on this monitor. Am hanging loose for this one. Can always order an HP L2335. And almost did til I heard this news. The HP seems to stand out for me in the current pack of 23 inch Widescreens.

Hang loose Dave if you read this! :) Ya never know.

I Have heard about some of the issues with the 2005 fpw. Mostly backlight bleeding. Curious, only hear about the ones with trouble. I wonder how many bad ones there are. And how many good ones there are we never hear about, Supposedly the 2001 FW was widely appreciated from buyers. Dell does have a pretty good return policy though. Reguardless, I am holding out to check out the specs and whathaveyou on this Dell monitor. You never know. Might be the ticket/

I have a Dell 19 inch CRT that is pushing 6 to 7 years old and it still works well. I believe it is a Samsung as well. Samsung makes good stuff. Will see what electronics and specs Dell has on this monitor. Am hanging loose for this one. Can always order an HP L2335. And almost did til I heard this news. The HP seems to stand out for me in the current pack of 23 inch Widescreens.

Hang loose Dave if you read this! :) Ya never know.

Sorry for the duplicate post guys. I can't seem to delete the thing. I did try.

Pretty much the first month of production on the 2005fpw was crap.
Most of the people on the forums with a 2005FPW made in November have backlight issues.

I went through two November made ones, and my December made one is perfect.

I would wait until the 2405FPW has been out for at least two months. And then I'll be considering trading up myself. :)

Dew said:
Pretty much the first month of production on the 2005fpw was crap.
Most of the people on the forums with a 2005FPW made in November have backlight issues.

I went through two November made ones, and my December made one is perfect.

I would wait until the 2405FPW has been out for at least two months. And then I'll be considering trading up myself. :)

How can you trade? Doesn't Dell have a 21 day return policy?

:D my eyes are getting really bad and i need lcd since my monitor is so close to my eyes

Waiting for any possible kinks to be worked out on the 2405FPW before buying it makes a lot of sense, except for one thing...

I HATE WAITING!!! ;) :p

When the 2405FPW comes out, which game supports that resolution? At least the 2005FPW supports CSS and UT2004 with the 1680x1050 res.

jhego said:
When the 2405FPW comes out, which game supports that resolution? At least the 2005FPW supports CSS and UT2004 with the 1680x1050 res.
Far Cry, Half-Life 2, and UT2004 support 1920x1200. I'm sure that future games will follow suit, as well.

jhego said:
How can you trade? Doesn't Dell have a 21 day return policy?

Thought it was 30 days....oh well.

I just called 'em up and demanded a replacement because my first one has serious backlight issues, second one had the same issues, third one was perfect.

Dell pays return shipping, they send a return sticker in the replacement invoice, just drop it off with DHL or have them pick it up(I live 5 mins from Colorado Springs Airport, so DHL is a quick drive for me). They were either going to send me a perfect monitor, or spend a shitload on shipping fees. :)

Mons said:
Ditto here. I am on my second one and it also needs to be replaced.

Ditto x2. I had to return 3 of them before I asked for a full refund. Dell has fast climbed to the top of my shitlist.

DELL 2005FPW CPA LGI CMO 041983-11 2004-10-14 2007-10-06
DELL 2405FPW CPA DLL CMO 042495-11 2004-12-14 2007-12-12

you can probably infer the (registration date ::: product launch date) time to guess a launch.

atlwriter said:
Far Cry, Half-Life 2, and UT2004 support 1920x1200. I'm sure that future games will follow suit, as well.

It's going to take one hell of a system to run those games at native resolution! It will be intersting to see how well the picture looks at lower resolutions with it stretched to fill screen. I am very intersted in this monitor but the high resolution would scare me as I don't like letterboxing games. My 2001fp has served me well but it's starting to feel a little small. :)

firey-eyez said:
damn, a dell 24" is gonna make me unhappy with my 2005FPW :D

yea, and i just bought this 2 weeks ago. Hmm, maybe i can return it and wait for it to come out?

Pretty funny! Go to Google and search for 2405fpw. One of the things that comes up is this very thread. HA ;)

This looks promising. If there aren't quality problems then I'll be on this like maple syrup on a plateful of pancakes.

The price will probably be in the area of $1300.00 though, right?

I wonder if Samsung is going to be using Dell as a dump for the less than "A" grade 24" pannels

No idea on the price. Or the final specs and features on the monitor. Am real curious. I keep searching around but nothing comes up except what we already have above. Guess we will find out soon enough. Maybe it really will be that new Samsung panel.

For me it will have to be at least equal with a better price than the HP L2335. That was the one I had chosen to buy. And still could depending.

But better specs, and features AND a better price would be............ummmm.....better! ;)

I guess the big factor in the purchasing decision will be whether Dell uses Samsung's 16ms or 25ms 24" panel. On Anandtech's forum, some people have said that even the 6800GT would stutter at 1920x1200. Anyone believe that?

I play Half Life-2 horizontally spanned across dual Dell 2001FPs @ 3200x1200 resolution with a 6800 Ultra @ 450/1.2 and its shockingly smooth and very playable. I would think 1920x1200 would run fine on any higher-end chip with a 6800GT or Ultra.

zan780 said:
I play Half Life-2 horizontally spanned across dual Dell 2001FPs @ 3200x1200 resolution with a 6800 Ultra @ 450/1.2 and its shockingly smooth and very playable. I would think 1920x1200 would run fine on any higher-end chip with a 6800GT or Ultra.

well, now you have to post pics :)

Back