Please read: Locking your own threads now enabled

Lethal

ViragoAdmin Emeritus
The ability to lock your own threads has been a perk available to Subscribers for some time. It is now turned on for Registered Users in FS/T only.

This will allow you to "close out" a thread when you've sold the item or want to start a fresh thread. We encourage you to edit an original post with SOLD at the top and then lock the thread so as to not waste your or another person's time dealing with inquiries/responses for something no longer available.

Per the FS/T Rules:

(4) CONSOLIDATE Threads. Do not post multiple threads, keep all you FS/FT deals in one thread, and all WTB/WTTF deals in a different thread. You should only have one FS/FT and one WTB/WTTF thread active at any one time. When making a new thread, include items from the old thread.

Do not abuse this feature or you won't like the consequences. ;)

EDIT: Thanks to vbrtrmn for the heads up, I knew I forgot something. :p

At the top of the first post, it's under Thread Tools > Admin Tools > Close Thread

ROCK!
Thanks!!

.. wanders off to lock some old threads ..

If you didn't see it...
Admin Tools
Close Thread

Nice, but I still think dead/empty, and inactive threads (maybe older than a month?) should just get deleted.

When are we going to be able to edit the title of our threads? Editing the first post is absolutely worthless. Contacting the mods seems like a waste and I rarely get a response.

Reasoning behind it...price changes, added items etc.

w00t. now how about adding some new smilies? ;)

... i have absolutely no patience whatsoever :D

dak125 said:
When are we going to be able to edit the title of our threads? Editing the first post is absolutely worthless. Contacting the mods seems like a waste and I rarely get a response.
This has been beat to death before. It is a universal vBulletin setting that cannot be set on a forum-by-forum basis and Kyle has said it will not be enabled. The available individual forum permissions are a different matter, that is why we have set it so you can lock your own threads in FS/T only.

Lethal said:
Do not abuse this feature or you won't like the consequences. ;)

Does that mean if we DO abuse this feature we WILL like the consequences?

had to
:rolleyes:

2k5infinity said:
how do i close a thread that i opened??
Go in the thread you started and click on Thread Tools and it will open a menu and you'll see the option to close the thread.

Thanks Lethal for this option and hopefully people won't abuse it.

TheCreator said:
Cool feature, have you guys thought about implementing this throughout the forum?
Actually, subscribers have that feature throughout the forums. We put it in place for FS/T because it's useful to be able to close a thread here once you've sold an item.

sounds good... will help keep this place cleaner and easier to surf the goodies.

Back