Bh-5, Bh-6, Tccd?

beanman101283

2[H]4U
I feel left out. :eek:

Can someone explain to me what BH-5, BH-6, and TCCD are? Are they types of memory chips? Different companies' memory types? Bath House 5 and 6 and The Cool Cool Dumper? lol Enlighten me please.

BH-5 and BH-6 are chips made by winbond. BH-5 has been discontinued.
TCCD is made by samsung. They are competing chips for the enthusiast market. Lately TCCD has been getting a bigger following thanks to G.SKill and Geil.

Who still makes BH-6? I have some CH-5 on my Kingston Valueram and that stuff OCs like crazy.

I should really finish that sticky about all the popular chips.

robberbaron said:
BH-5 and BH-6 are chips made by winbond. BH-5 has been discontinued.
TCCD is made by samsung. They are competing chips for the enthusiast market. Lately TCCD has been getting a bigger following thanks to G.SKill and Geil.

Doesn't Geil make its own memory chips?

BH5/BH6 are the kings of low-latency, high FSB overclocking (2-2-2-6 or 2-2-2-11 dual channel) to ranges of 230-270+. However, it requires a lot of voltage (3.2-3.6+v) on the vdimm to achieve good results. TCCD, however, can run 200fsb at 2-2-2-6 easily at low voltages (2.6-2.8v), and while it doesn't overclock much more than that at any voltage, it can achieve rather high clocks at slacker timings (2.5-3-3-7 or so at 270fsb with the good stuff). It is also readily available, whereas your only real option for BH5/BH6 is to buy it from other people or eBay for high prices, as it is no longer made.

GoldenTiger said:
BH5/BH6 are the kings of low-latency, high FSB overclocking (2-2-2-6 or 2-2-2-11 dual channel) to ranges of 230-270+. However, it requires a lot of voltage (3.2-3.6+v) on the vdimm to achieve good results. TCCD, however, can run 200fsb at 2-2-2-6 easily at low voltages (2.6-2.8v), and while it doesn't overclock much more than that at any voltage, it can achieve rather high clocks at slacker timings (2.5-3-3-7 or so at 270fsb with the good stuff). It is also readily available, whereas your only real option for BH5/BH6 is to buy it from other people or eBay for high prices, as it is no longer made.
i agree with ur statement bout BH5 needing voltage. i run 3.2v to my BH5 ram in dual channel and 2-2-2-11 240Mhz (480 DDR) which falls into ur range u specified. www.all4amd.netfirms.com

lets not leave out the new craze, winbond/infineon UTT chips, these chips are pretty much revised ch-5, currently OCZ VX and Twinmos SP uses them

If i'm not overclocking, does it really matter what kind of memory i get, besides a good name brand. If i get regular Crucial memory, will it be any better or worse than, say, Corsair or OCZ memory running everything at stock?

Nope, the difference will be negligble. Go for anything that u like, at stock they are pretty much the same given if they support same timings

the only real problem would be the name your getting, kingmax and rosewill, are not better than corsair or mushkin even though they might have the same timings. In prices yes, but in reliability i would stick with a better brand for warranties and less-errors.

Back